To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Goal line wreck
Kevin and Perry

Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by Goal line wreck »

Kevin De bruyne to sign for Manchester city. Astonishing wages and fee for the attacking midfielder. I think he looks quite an exciting opportunity for fpl and would be another star performer for Man City. So I would like to speculate what price we are looking at fpl terms . I would also like discussion on all things Kevin. His merits and how he will fit into the city team.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by acruxen »

Probably 10-10.5

I don't particularly like it fpl wise, I like it they way things are, particularly with City's kind run of fixtures. Of course, excellent for actual football, really excited to see him play in the prem.

Unlikely to bring him in, as I already have Silva. Also likely to be 10m+, so which premium player are you going to lose for KDB?

Best course of action is to monitor him for 3-4 gameweeks, and see how city perform.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by Stemania »

Goal line wreck wrote:... how he will fit into the city team.
I think it's pretty clear he will play RW in place of Navas. Or LW with Sterling RW.

Some frightening attacking talent there. It's almost cheating...

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

Some stats for KDB compared to BPL midfielders:

*These stats are from last season domestic league and do not include any cups or international games, for this example, the Bundesliga for KDB and the Premier league for the others*

KDB- 10 goals 20 assists
Hazard- 14 goals 9 assists
Silva- 12 goals 7 assists
Yaya Toure- 10 goals 1 assist
Sanchez- 16 goals 8 assists
Sterling- 7 goals 7 assists
Coutinho- 5 goals 5 assists
Oscar- 6 goals 8 assists
Mata- 9 goals 4 assists

All stats from espnfc.co.uk

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

The last two big late summer window signings Di Maria and Ozil weren't crazy money for FPL. De Bruyne is less of a "name" as either of those so I can see a sensible 9.5 which makes it a real decision.

It gives City an astonishingly good attacking line up.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I still remember his torrid time at Chelsea when he struggled to make the team and looked very unimpressive when he did. No way will i be rushing to buy him.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

He's different gravy now. Pace, power, speed, delivery. And he's quick.

From no-end product Navas to a guaranteed 20+ goals and assists from De Bruyne, but it all depends on the price.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

If he can deliver those sort of figures - surely he is a must have at any price?

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

He had very free role in Wolfsburg and all attacks went through him. He was also in set-pieces and did good job in them.

Not sure how it would be in City. Set-pieces? Stuck on the wing (which isn't his best position IMO)?

E: This is just speculation because the deal isn't done yet.
Last edited by JoonaR16 on 28 Aug 2015, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

He might have the same price tag as Silva's if comes, and if he's stuck on the wing then I think Silva will still be a better choice FPL-wise

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

If he does become the regular RW insteas of Navas, the main beneficiary will be Yaya!
Navas like all Spanish speaking players znd those too long hooked on the notion that Aguero is the only address for crosses will be gone and KdB will find Yaya standing as usual, free at the edge of the box waiting for someone to set the ball up for one of his incredibly skillful(/'lucky') shots.
Navas just couldn't do anything properly but KdB will find Yaya free every time.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

When he was at Chelsea he hardly ever got a game - 3 appearances in total so I don't know what all the fuss is about?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm not sure why this topic has Kevin De Bruyne's name in the title, next thing it will be prefixed by player profile.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Would he push Silva out to the wing?

Certainly during games its an option with three behind becoming more fluid.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

The Username wrote:Would he push Silva out to the wing?

Thats what I'd have thought.

........Aguero
Silva....KDB.....Sterling
.......Fer* Yaya

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Silva v De Bruyne - I think I may take a millisecond to decide

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ironfist wrote:If he does become the regular RW insteas of Navas, the main beneficiary will be Yaya!
Navas like all Spanish speaking players znd those too long hooked on the notion that Aguero is the only address for crosses will be gone and KdB will find Yaya standing as usual, free at the edge of the box waiting for someone to set the ball up for one of his incredibly skillful(/'lucky') shots.
Navas just couldn't do anything properly but KdB will find Yaya free every time.
I'm wondering what this does to Aguero's prospects. If Yaya is going to benefit, I could seriously contemplate going without Aguero.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Ironfist wrote:If he does become the regular RW insteas of Navas, the main beneficiary will be Yaya!
I'm wondering what this does to Aguero's prospects. If Yaya is going to benefit, I could seriously contemplate going without Aguero.
Another quality player to feed him joins the team, and you want to get rid of the best striker in the league?

I would seriously contemplate reconsidering that contemplation. :D

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Having a guy on the right wing who regularly assists, cuts inside, has a knack for through balls and presents a goalscoring threat himself is not going to hurt the chances of the team's lone striker :mrgreen:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Another quality player to feed him joins the team, and you want to get rid of the best striker in the league?

I would seriously contemplate reconsidering that contemplation. :D
:oops: I haven't started contemplating yet - it would be crazy to do anything too quickly (assuming he comes). To some extent though it has to be about marginal points - how many extra points does Aguero give you for your money. If he becomes even more prolific with KDB in the side then he becomes even more attractive but if his output remains the same and others in the City midfield increase their output at what point does switching become valid - So for instance will Costa, Silva and Yaya score more than Aguero, Silva and 6.0m midfielder?

If City become even more prolific in front of goal might we find Aguero regularly taken off after 60-70 mins to keep him fresh - how does that affect his point tally?

At the moment, in my opinion the Aguero option wins but things might change.

All incredibly speculative at this stage I know; just saying that if KDB does sign and if does have the kind of effect that he should have if the transfer/salary figures being quoted are correct, then we might need to think about changing tactics.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I will be looking more to Pedro as a possible future transfer-in. Amazing they got him for 21m compared to the hugely inflated sums quoted for de Bruyne, and he's probably twice as good.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Terrific player, those of you who don't rate him for his Chelsea days clearly haven't seem him play at all since.
If anything, it makes the whole M. City attack more attractive. But whether himself will be a good FPL pick, it remains to be seen. My approach is almost always wait and see with new signings.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Valeron wrote:He's different gravy now. Pace, power, speed, delivery. And he's quick.

From no-end product Navas to a guaranteed 20+ goals and assists from De Bruyne, but it all depends on the price.

Now that is a VERY bold statement. I am more certain that this will not happen than I am United wont get relegated. You are in dreamland with a statement like that my friend. Ahh unless as I read it again you are saying goals + assists will equal 20. In that case there is a decent chance but I would in no way guarantee it.

sponduly
Treebeard

Post by sponduly »

Beerfuelledman wrote:
The Username wrote:Would he push Silva out to the wing?

Thats what I'd have thought.

........Aguero
Silva....KDB.....Sterling
.......Fer* Yaya

Surely De Bruyne won't start in CAM over Silva.

Silva is the Spanish Jesus.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

sponduly wrote:Silva is the Spanish Jesus.
No, that's Navas. :wink:

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
sponduly wrote:Silva is the Spanish Jesus.
No, that's Navas. :wink:
:lol:

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

City are looking very balanced at the moment, as good as they've looked for a long time imo with Silva pulling the strings in a free role surrounded by pace up front. I'm not buying into this KDB right wing place yet. Hard to see where Delph will fit in now as well. He should have stayed at Villa!

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Big_George wrote:City are looking very balanced at the moment, as good as they've looked for a long time imo with Silva pulling the strings in a free role surrounded by pace up front. I'm not buying into this KDB right wing place yet. Hard to see where Delph will fit in now as well. He should have stayed at Villa!
Delph just pulled a Sinclair. :P

Goal line wreck
Kevin and Perry

Post by Goal line wreck »

KDB is an Official member of Man city squad. I'm familiar with his play at Wolfsburg and in WC as well as club European matches. I wasn't familiar with his minor premier league experience and never saw him in epl. I suggest he has more than pushed on to when previously a squad member at Chelsea .
I think himself and sterling will also be amongst goals and inter change with Silva in playing behind aguero. The one who plays there will benefit goal wise however price wise I would guess at £9.5

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Am I missing something here. Why are City paying so much money for a Chelsea reject?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”