To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sanchez vs Pedro

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
digibee
Kevin and Perry

Sanchez vs Pedro

Post by digibee »

Hi, I am thinking of dropping Sanchez and bring in Pedro.

What do your thoughts on this?

Thanks.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Re: Sanchez vs Pedro

Post by yttod1010 »

I have both and silva .....but i think its a coin toss

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Hmmm I think you'd have to stretch the imagination if you think Pedro will be as good as Sanchez. However in terms of value he could be so it depends on what you can achieve with the extra 1.5mn.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It should be possible to put together a squad with both Sanchez and Pedro, so the real question is whether you think Pedro is worth the extra over the other premium players.

I personally would not setup a squad without one of Hazard or Sanchez because they are good value stores for eachother and enable you to more easily jump from one to the other. If you setup without either, it's tempting to spread the cash too thin and leave you 3 transfers away from getting him.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mav3rick wrote:It should be possible to put together a squad with both Sanchez and Pedro, so the real question is whether you think Pedro is worth the extra over the other premium players.

I personally would not setup a squad without one of Hazard or Sanchez because they are good value stores for eachother and enable you to more easily jump from one to the other. If you setup without either, it's tempting to spread the cash too thin and leave you 3 transfers away from getting him.
If you go without one of haz/sanchez then it's likely (well you should unless you're a Jennifer Lopez fan!) you'll either have Costa or some 8.5-9.5mn midfielders; so should be able to get one of them in a double transfer. However if one wants a strong stream of points without wasting any transfers on that position then yeah, I think it's a good idea anyway to have Hazard/Sanchez. I don't think there was a time the general consensus was not to have Hazard for the majority of the season anyway. He normally gets there sooner rather than later.

I'd say the only cheaper one I prefer over Pedro for the next 6 games is Yaya, however I want Silva, Aguero and Kolarov so...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Sutter Kane wrote:I'd say the only cheaper one I prefer over Pedro for the next 6 games is Yaya, however I want Silva, Aguero and Kolarov so...
I'd agree with that currently, but then it sort of makes it even more useful to keep Hazard or Sanchez in your team. If you pick Pedro and then don't fancy the 8.5 range of mids, you might end up with a bunch of dodgy 6-8 mids or (worse) being tempted to sink the money into subs or defence :mrgreen:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Not sure where that'll leave me if I decide I don't want Pedro at some point but the choice of mids below 9 is so vast, there's bound to be someone useful, surely!! I can't quite afford Sanch, Haz, Silva, Aguero: Thus it's Pedro plus a defensive upgrade instead of Sanchez. 59 goals from 137 starts is pretty impressive, though I guess he got a few goals as a speedy sub late on. It's still far better than 1 in 3 whichever way you look at it and that should mean conservatively 10-14 goals in this Chelsea team you'd think. Despite some lucky points, he got 49BPS in that West Brom game which leads me to believe he could be a bonus magnet too. Problem I see with leaving him out of my WC team is that he's already on people's radars and another goal or assist vs Palace could easily spark a 0.4mn rise due to his 6% ownership.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Sutter Kane wrote:conservatively 10-14 goals in this Chelsea team you'd think..
Really, last season Hazard scored 11 if you take out penalties. So you essentially think that Pedro in his first season in the EPL will be as much of an open play goal threat as Hazard, and you call that a conservative estimate? :?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Well he probably is a bigger threat from open play than Hazard. He made 60 sprints on Sunday, he'll get plenty of chances.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Sutter Kane wrote:Hmmm I think you'd have to stretch the imagination if you think Pedro will be as good as Sanchez.
Mine's stretched.

If he's playing in that berth as vs WBA then for me it's like having an extra striker.

Early days of course but Sanchez doesn't convince me as much and might be a little overpriced at 11m.

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

Already done Gomis :arrow: Wilson (free)
Could do Depay :arrow: Pedro (-4)
Although i am only £0.2m away from being able to do Depay :arrow: sanchez

Do i just get Pedro in now or wait until i have the funds to get sanchez?

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

RedDevilRyan wrote: Do i just get Pedro in now or wait until i have the funds to get sanchez?
Pedro now IMO. It may be wait and see with Sanchez or Arsenal as a whole, they sure need a quality striker.

Next 3 Chelsea: Palace (H) Everton (A) Arsenal (H)

Next 3 Arsenal: Newcastle (A) Stoke (H) Chelsea (A)

Ownership comparison att time of writing.

Sanchez 12.1%
Pedro 6.6%

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

Corroded Soul wrote:
RedDevilRyan wrote: Do i just get Pedro in now or wait until i have the funds to get sanchez?
Pedro now IMO. It may be wait and see with Sanchez or Arsenal as a whole, they sure need a quality striker.

Sanchez 12.1%
Pedro 6.6%
I was leaning that way really. Thanks for the input :)
So take the 4 point hit for Depay :arrow: Pedro now?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

RedDevilRyan wrote:Already done Gomis :arrow: Wilson (free)

I am interested in your thinking of taking a hit to get Pedro in for Depay this week, especially seeing as you are Man Utd fan.

Do you think this is worth a hit? Is Depay that bad and you have had enough?

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

RedDevilRyan wrote:
Corroded Soul wrote:

Sanchez 12.1%
Pedro 6.6%
I was leaning that way really. Thanks for the input :)
So take the 4 point hit for Depay :arrow: Pedro now?
If it was me, then yes.

I guess we can't wait for the Memphis sun to shine forever.

I've done a double-hit to bring in two others as a quick-fix.

Not something I would do mid-season but it's very early days and needs must.

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

RidleyMTB wrote:
RedDevilRyan wrote:Already done Gomis :arrow: Wilson (free)

I am interested in your thinking of taking a hit to get Pedro in for Depay this week, especially seeing as you are Man Utd fan.

Do you think this is worth a hit? Is Depay that bad and you have had enough?
To be honest Depay is the only United player that has looked like scoring, scored two against Club Brugge but our attack has been very poor so far only scoring two goals, one of them being an own goal and the other being deflected. Rooney has been poor and i don't feel confident going to Swansea. Being held to a goalless draw at home by Newcastle is what really started my doubts. Until United start scoring more goals and look better going forward i feel it is worth taking him out (for now).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Really, last season Hazard scored 11 if you take out penalties. So you essentially think that Pedro in his first season in the EPL will be as much of an open play goal threat as Hazard, and you call that a conservative estimate? :?
I think double figures is very reasonable yes, I also think Hazard should have had more goals than 11 last season, more like Sanchez' total but that's another debate. I think Pedro is a goal scorer, not as good as Sanchez quite imo but you only have to look at his recent record to say if he gets games, he'll get goals. Let's say he gets 10 goals, 10 assists, 10 CSs - from 30 starts. That's 150 without bonus, not that good so yeah I think 10+ goals very achievable. Possibility if he gets enough games, of getting 15 goals. Surely he's a better prospect than Nacer Chadli, Sadio Mane, Jason Puncheon or Jordan Henderson. Maybe I shouldn't have used 'conservative estimate', just estimate. I suggest you 100% avoid him if you think he'll only manage 140 odd points, simple as that!

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Sutter Kane wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:
I think double figures is very reasonable yes, I also think Hazard should have had more goals than 11 last season, more like Sanchez' total but that's another debate. I think Pedro is a goal scorer, not as good as Sanchez quite imo but you only have to look at his recent record to say if he gets games, he'll get goals. Let's say he gets 10 goals, 10 assists, 10 CSs - from 30 starts. That's 150 without bonus, not that good so yeah I think 10+ goals very achievable. Possibility if he gets enough games, of getting 15 goals. Surely he's a better prospect than Nacer Chadli, Sadio Mane, Jason Puncheon or Jordan Henderson. Maybe I shouldn't have used 'conservative estimate', just estimate. I suggest you 100% avoid him if you think he'll only manage 140 odd points, simple as that!
The players u mentioned are 1.5m or more cheaper than him. By his price (Considering he probably will rise a lot till he gets closer to 10) he should be compared to Silva. He proved himself, and was dangerous but what people need to consider (and I bet most of them that are buying him don't know) is that the first goal of him the ball was deflected (and his shoot was not strong at all) and his assists was a wrong and terrible shoot that was going out of the goal by far but Costa managed to touch it. He looked good in the first half, but in the second he did almost anything.

dabezzz
Treebeard

Post by dabezzz »

I've got both + Yaya, Shaqiri and Anya (the 4.5 benchwarmer).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

I know they're cheaper, I'm just comparing abilities, not price. Of course price is important, I think Silva is priced well if he plays in the middle behind Aguero which is unusual for an expensive player, usually they are bad value and really need to be captained. I think Sanchez is overpriced if you intend to captain Aguero nearly every week. I see he could rise to 10mn yes, a goal vs Palace would go a long way towards that - then a few games down the line, a decision has to be made as to whether to keep or cash in - At 9.5mn I don't see a much better prospect, and of course he is just a prospect, most players are at this stage. Actually we all know his points were fluky vs WBA, Yaya had a whole season where everything went for him! Point is, he made runs, he got into good positions - you'd expect nothing less though.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Personally, I wanted attacking coverage from both Arsenal and Chelsea, so instead of being Pedro vs Sanchez, it was more a case of Pedro vs Hazard and Sanchez vs 8.5 Arse mid, with one from each pairing desirable...

I have gone with Hazard and Ramsey, alongside Silva/Mahrez/Westwood to complete my midfield.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Sutter Kane wrote:Hmmm I think you'd have to stretch the imagination if you think Pedro will be as good as Sanchez. However in terms of value he could be so it depends on what you can achieve with the extra 1.5mn.
This

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Another blank for Sanchez despite good stats. Arsenal in general haven't been very good and Pedro, despite playing only 2 games has looked threatening. With Chelsea and Man Utd in the next 4 is it time to ditch?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Given that Arsenal have STO up next, I'd say probably not, although I can understand anyone wanting to get Pedro in their team.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I really can't get my head around what's happening with Arsenal. They finished the season well, scoring loads and winning the cup. Then they beat Chelsea. Season starts and they're back to being completely toothless with a near full strength squad.

Yesterday against ten men could have easily been a 0-0 draw which is shocking.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Some interesting comparisons from both their last games:
Sanchez heat copy.jpg
Pedro Heat copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Sanchez Shots copy.jpg
Pedro shots copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I'm interested to know if anyone have Silva, Sanchez and Pedro in their team? I currently have Silva and Sanchez, and I'm not planning to sell them. Now I'm tempted to get Pedro but I'm not sure if it's wise to have 3 +9,5m midfielders in the team.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I think you'll find quite a few teams with those three in.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

JoonaR16 wrote:I'm interested to know if anyone have Silva, Sanchez and Pedro in their team? I currently have Silva and Sanchez, and I'm not planning to sell them. Now I'm tempted to get Pedro but I'm not sure if it's wise to have 3 +9,5m midfielders in the team.
I have all three plus Aguero.

It's like owning a Ferrari without the engine at the moment.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”