To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Kolarov Situation

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: The Kolarov Situation

Post by Hotstepper »

If Kolarov really is just out the two weeks... if the majority of us are already sitting somewhere around the -4 to -12 mark before his yellow to red... if he's still potentially explosive Kolarov... is it not maybe better to bench him a couple of weeks and sort something else in defence if required this week?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JVRB48 wrote:If Kolarov really is just out the two weeks... if the majority of us are already sitting somewhere around the -4 to -12 mark before his yellow to red... if he's still potentially explosive Kolarov... is it not maybe better to bench him a couple of weeks and sort something else in defence if required this week?
The issue is the return of Clichy in the meantime. By the time he is fit, he could once again be a rotation risk.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mav3rick wrote:What makes you take Bertrand over the popular Bellerin?
1. Better value
2. Rock solid home fixtures upcoming at "fortress St. Mary's" and no European football to contend with
3. Better fit with my other defenders

I suspect that Gabriel is now 1st choice CB at Arsenal and if I wanted an Arsenal defender it would probably be him. But I trust Southampton far more than Arsenal for clean sheets. Koeman likes clean sheets. Wenger prioritises goals. The psychology of the manager is one of the most important things I look at when selecting defenders.

Incidentally, I was at the Chelsea-Southampton game and was very impressed by Southampton's defensive shape and the way Koeman sacrificed an attacking midfielder to have extra solidity (he played with 3 sitting midfielders instead of 2). Plus Fonte and Van Dijk look a really solid pair.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Thanks... By the way welcome to FISO, I've seen many of your posts on FFS being posted here and I think you're going to be a great addition to the knowledge base here :)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've seen Gabriel mentioned a few times as possible first choice - but hasn't it just been a case of Mertesaker being unavailable? Not sure we can conclude anything on that front tbh.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mav3rick wrote:Thanks... By the way welcome to FISO, I've seen many of your posts on FFS being posted here and I think you're going to be a great addition to the knowledge base here :)
Thanks. I was banned from FFS for having too many inconvenient opinions. CK has been telling me to come over to FISO for a while so I have. I much prefer the thread format too, the FFS forum is wall-to-wall RMTs. Anyway, I'll try to behave myself here. :wink:
Stemania wrote:I've seen Gabriel mentioned a few times as possible first choice - but hasn't it just been a case of Mertesaker being unavailable? Not sure we can conclude anything on that front tbh.
Yes, that's why I said "suspect", it's not a nailed on fact yet. But Gabriel has impressed and Arsenal's 4 PL clean sheets have come in the 4 full games he has played. In addition, Koscielny and Mertesacker both have injury history. I suspect Gabriel will play the majority of games one way or another.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Having brought Gabriel in this week, I certainly hope Ruth is correct. That pretty much aligns with my thoughts on the matter too, although is more guess work than anything.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I'm going to keep hold of Kolarov. ive got Muniesa to deal with first so makes sense to ditch him and see what happens with Kolarov.

I think eventually I'll replace him with Moreno if he becomes a rotation risk again.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

Clichy is a big factor in all of this. I've read reports that he is close to returning but there is no definitive signs of this yet. If, for example, Clichy was not close to a return or was to suffer a setback then Kolarov would be a great hold with some favourable fixtures coming up.

Although Kolarov was clearly injured in midweek, I am also sceptical that the injury was that bad. I suspect that he was due a rest anyway and Pellegrini has taken the opportunity to do this now. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him back for the Manchester derby to be honest.

Anyway, a lot of this is just opinion/ conjecture. I guess the main point is that when Clichy and Kolarov are both fit then it is extremely likely some rotation will happen which doesn't make him a good FPL pick. I actually think Kolarov may well be ahead of Clichy in the pecking order at the moment due to his strong early season performances, but this situation can change quickly and in any case I'd rather have a more 'nailed-on' option in my team for his price.

I'll probably pull the trigger if price rises dictate this week, but I'd rather hang on to the end of the week if I can to see if there is any more news on the Clichy/Kolarov front.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Keeping until he is fit and actually gets rotated

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:Keeping until he is fit and actually gets rotated

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
+1

I have Gomis on last chance saloon tomorrow night and 5.1ITB burning a hole so Kolarov can wait until he is actually rotated when fit before becoming an issue. I have the bench to cover the Manc derby anyway so not a plum fixture for him to miss. If he's back for Norwich/Villa as a differential it would be a massive plus

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Manchester City FC Verified account
‏@MCFC

Aleks Kolarov also joins in a light running session so hopefully looks like he may be available for Wednesday's game #cityvsfa

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

And cue Kolarov no longer being red flagged

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Well that was unexpected. I still wonder whether he is a rotation risk, especially if not 100% fit.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

"Pellegrini “Aguero is out for a month. Maybe next week Clichy, Delph and Silva will be fit." Kompany "was fit for the last game." Kolarov makes a [surprise] recovery "he is fit." Clichy, Delph, Aguero and Silva are all injured

Good news for Kolarov holders. Clichy isn't as good in attack but Pelli has rotated them in the past and I expect him to do so again perhaps choosing Clichy where he wants a more solid defence. Still happy i went to Bellerin.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

liquidfootball2 wrote: Good news for Kolarov holders. Clichy isn't as good in attack but Pelli has rotated them in the past and I expect him to do so again perhaps choosing Clichy where he wants a more solid defence. Still happy i went to Bellerin.
Well, choosing Clichy when he wants a solid defence isn't necessarily bad for Kolarov owners since he then gets easy games where hauls are very possible.

On the other hand, I wonder if Pellegrini wants to give Clichy a soft start. If so, then GW11 NOR (H) would be ideal for Clichy to improve match fitness.

Those who transferred Kolarov out shouldn't probaby be too worried, GW10 is a bad fixture anyway and GW11 includes a rotation risk in my opinion. It's probably smart to look forward bringing him back in if/when his next price rise happens, which I think only happens if he scores a haul against Norwich. And if that happens, he is then again a bandwagon that is too dangerous to miss.

So I wouldn't be too worried to miss his potential haul against Norwich, since I think it's far from certain because of a rotation risk. Only if the haul happens, then bring him back in.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Finisher1 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote: Good news for Kolarov holders. Clichy isn't as good in attack but Pelli has rotated them in the past and I expect him to do so again perhaps choosing Clichy where he wants a more solid defence. Still happy i went to Bellerin.
Well, choosing Clichy when he wants a solid defence isn't necessarily bad for Kolarov owners since he then gets easy games where hauls are very possible.

On the other hand, I wonder if Pellegrini wants to give Clichy a soft start. If so, then GW11 NOR (H) would be ideal for Clichy to improve match fitness.

Those who transferred Kolarov out shouldn't probaby be too worried, GW10 is a bad fixture anyway and GW11 includes a rotation risk in my opinion. It's probably smart to look forward bringing him back in before his next price rise, which I think only happens if he scores a haul against Norwich. And if that happens, he is then again a bandwagon that is too dangerous to miss.
Trying to keep up with and contain Redmond may not be as easy a task as it seems.

Yes MC should win quite easily, but twisting, turning and tracking a tricky little pacey winger doesn't sound ideal for a player coming back from a long term injury.

It's a tough scenario to predict, but I'm going to stick with Kolarov.

My defence has generally been performing terribly anyway, so it's not like any sudden 0's from Kolarov will make much difference. :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Trying to keep up with and contain Redmond may not be as easy a task as it seems.

Yes MC should win quite easily, but twisting, turning and tracking a tricky little pacey winger doesn't sound ideal for a player coming back from a long term injury.
You might be right. I think it's an open question at the moment.

No need to get rid of Kolarov if you have him or bring him back if you sold him. It's clearly a "wait and see" at the moment.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Now Zabaleta is back, and with Sagna available, Pellegrini can afford not to play Kolarov if he thinks he is going to be exposed. And he could be given some minutes midweek to see if he is 100%. Definitely wait and see.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Finisher1 wrote:

Those who transferred Kolarov out shouldn't probaby be too worried, GW10 is a bad fixture anyway and GW11 includes a rotation risk in my opinion. It's probably smart to look forward bringing him back in if/when his next price rise happens, which I think only happens if he scores a haul against Norwich. And if that happens, he is then again a bandwagon that is too dangerous to miss.

So I wouldn't be too worried to miss his potential haul against Norwich, since I think it's far from certain because of a rotation risk. Only if the haul happens, then bring him back in.
Some good points, but some of those that transferred him out just lost 0.3 doing so, if they want him back immediately, never mind after a haul v Norwich. The good news for holders is that his price slide will stop now, even if he doesn't make the derby. It always was all about the Norwich return though and that looks very likely, albeit not 100% due to possible rotation in lieu of Champions League midweek and Clichy's return on the horizon.

Still happy to own both him and Bellerín for now.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Well f**k me sideways, that Kolarov news is annoying!

I had to make the change otherwise I would have only ended up fielding 9, and Azpi seems a decent enough replacement, but even so...

Here's hoping the above points on rotation, City having no need to risk him, and giving Clichy an easy game to get back in the swing of things are all valid ones, as I have no easy route back in to him either. Wouldn't feel right losing Azpi so soon after acquiring him, at the cost of 0.3m...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

The obvious other consideration is that Kolarov takes a City place in the team and an alternative going forward is the triumvirate of KdB, Silva (Sterling) and Bony morphing into Kun when he eventually returns.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

liquidfootball2 wrote: triumvirate
Keep the politics out of it mate! :P

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Would you prefer "Trinity" or do you object to religion as well? :D

I suppose you would object to the full back in question being called the "A(le)xis of Evil" too. :twisted:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

My Kolarov :arrow: Zabaleta transfer suddenly looks a lot less inspired now :(

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Curmudgeon wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:

I suppose you would object to the full back in question being called the "A(le)xis of Evil" too. :twisted:
Entirely unrelated, but seeing the words 'trinity' and 'religion' in one sentence brings back fond memories. What a season of Dexter that was!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Notned wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:

Entirely unrelated, but seeing the words 'trinity' and 'religion' in one sentence brings back fond memories. What a season of Dexter that was!
I was just going to post a picture of Trinity, but you were first :lol:

It was definitely the best season of Dexter, although the series itself is not my favourite. There were good times but the gap between good periods and bad periods was huge.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 20 Oct 2015, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Finisher1 wrote:
Notned wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:

I was just going to post a picture of Trinity, but you were first :lol:

It was definitely the best season of Dexter, although the series itself is not my favorite. There were good times but the gap between good periods and bad periods was huge.
Great minds think alike, and all that :wink:

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

And here was me expecting lustful references to Carrie-Anne Moss in a leather catsuit . . .

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Billy Jones has 4364 owners and when 12 more sell him he should fall to 4.3 according to FPL Stats.

If this is you, please sell now. I want him as my Kolarov replacement but not just before a price fall. :?

I still plan on getting Bertrand in but probably a week later (replacing Glenn Johnson).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”