To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Kolarov Situation

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: The Kolarov Situation

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Good luck! I'll very likely be cheering on Kolarov come GW5 as part of my team, as PvA to Kolarov looks good for TV too.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

liquidfootball2 wrote:We need asm to confirm it :mrgreen:
I confirm it :lol:
Kolarov people, come on!! :D
I might start spelling every name wrong to show how pissed off that makes me

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Mav3rick wrote:I think if you are considering the hit, then take it now. 4 points is pretty much one extra attacking return over Kompany and I'd think Kolarov will get that in the time available.

Next week there is bound to be a more pressing transfer, Pedro or some new signing are bound to get some attention, whilst the internationals could easily throw up an injury.

As eastcentral1 said, the payback time is just reducing if you wait.
Couldn't agree more with this analysis.

I made the -4 move yesterday night too, gives Kolarov the most time to exceed the 4 point hit whilst gaining in value at a faster rate than Kompany.

Having already made a switch to Wilson earlier in the week, my hit was on Kolarov or Pedro, out of the two Pedro can wait.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I was interested to see on FFS that Jonty has 2FT and says he has nowhere to use them, despite owning Kompany and not Kolarov.

Lots of people suggesting he should do the Kompany :arrow: Kolarov move.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Good to see there are lots of sensible people on FFS these days. ;)

I wonder if De Bruyne coming in for Navas (as expected) will weaken City at the back as a whole. Despite being a bit pants, Navas was OK in tracking back imo, not something I'd necessarily attribute to KDB.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I'm not sure about De Bruyne's tracking back, I haven't watched him carefully enough to know, but from what I've heard and read I don't think he's particularly lazy. We should probably ask FISO's European correspondent F4C, I'm sure he'll be here soon, this is after all a Kolarov thread.

City do look a lot better organised this season, but I think part of the defensive solidity is to do with how well they have been playing, if you're dominating games and teams are scared to attack against you it's easier not to concede. West Brom, Chelsea, and Watford particularly don't seem like teams that attack much against strong opposition, the likes of Arsenal, Swansea and Palace are likely to cause more problems.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Stemania wrote:Good to see there are lots of sensible people on FFS these days. ;)

I wonder if De Bruyne coming in for Navas (as expected) will weaken City at the back as a whole. Despite being a bit pants, Navas was OK in tracking back imo, not something I'd necessarily attribute to KDB.
I guess KDB won't track back as much as Navas. He's a more offensive player. I think Yaya and Fernandinho (mainly the Brazilian) are going to track his back and are going to become less offensive players. So i think the KDB transfer is good for Silva, Sterling and mainly Aguero, but is going to weak the FPL's points of Yaya and Fernandinho since they will play more defensively. But City is going to score much more 8-)

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Havent seen KDB in Germany but based on Belgium game yesterday he does not do much tracking back.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

ctibbits wrote:Havent seen KDB in Germany but based on Belgium game yesterday he does not do much tracking back.
that's because he's playing in the hole. If he'll be on the wing with Zabaleta behind him will have to track back. I'm afraid he'll play in the hole for City with Silva on the wing though.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

He spent a fair amount of time on the right wing in that game but likes to move into the middle sometimes.

Kolarov's good run continues, he has an assist tonight. Mitrovic unsurprisingly has a booking.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

math! wrote:Mitrovic unsurprisingly has a booking.
And another unsurprising booking for Branislav Ivanović, the walking yellow card.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:P
ctibbits wrote:Havent seen KDB in Germany but based on Belgium game yesterday he does not do much tracking back.
He does like to pick up the ball from his own half, but, from what I have seen, tracking back and tackling aren't his strongest suit(s).
gallus wrote:that's because he's playing in the hole. If he'll be on the wing with Zabaleta behind him will have to track back. I'm afraid he'll play in the hole for City with Silva on the wing though.

Surely all three of Sterling, Silva and KDB will switch positions a lot as they can all comfortably play in the entire attacking line behind Aguero. KDB successfully plays on the right with his NT and in the other two at Wolfsburg, but I wouldn't be surprised to see KDB be deployed as a deeper positioned lying playmaker next to Fernandinho in case Yaya needs a breather (he sometimes looks like he does :lol: ).

But this is all about Kololarov. 8-)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

When everyone is fully fit;

Yaya-Fernandinho
KDB-Silva-Sterling
Aguero

Surely? With the attacking midfield trio all interchanging positions frequently.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Yes, and don't forget Kolarov nestled in on the left topping that reverse pyramid ;)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Nice to head from the European correspondent. :)

I do think that Delph will possibly be used to rest Touré, so would personally expect KDB to play in the 3 behind Agüero.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

they're gonna win the league this year, aren't they :(

as long as they win me the fpl league i'm in.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

math! wrote:they're gonna win the league this year, aren't they :(
At a canter imo. I'd like to think I'll have 3 City players all year but they're all so highly priced I doubt it will prove feasable. Once the bargain Kolarov/Sagna trains are gone and the other top teams start looking competent there might not be much actual 'value' left in City, just pure high priced points potential. :|

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Ah well I have been a fan of Pellegrini since his Villarreal days. It would be cute if City bought Cazorla in the future if he is still there.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: The Kolarov Situation

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:City do look a lot better organised this season, but I think part of the defensive solidity is to do with how well they have been playing, if you're dominating games and teams are scared to attack against you it's easier not to concede.
Also the fact that injuries have forced him to abandon his defensive rotation policy. Hopefully this good run makes him realise the error of his ways.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

math! wrote: Kolarov's good run continues, he has an assist tonight.
It was a stinging shot saved and someone else poked in the re-bound - he certainly knows where the goal is at the moment.

JimminyCricket
Cheetah

Post by JimminyCricket »

Worth taking a points hit to replace Azpilicueta with Kolarov?
FFS seem to think Mourinho may make changes at the back, and Kolarov seems to be a must-have at the moment.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

JimminyCricket wrote:Worth taking a points hit to replace Azpilicueta with Kolarov?
FFS seem to think Mourinho may make changes at the back, and Kolarov seems to be a must-have at the moment.
I don't think it's worth a hit. He is not going to rise tonight.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

JimminyCricket wrote:Worth taking a points hit to replace Azpilicueta with Kolarov?
I think a palace goal is quite possible, so not for a hit as you're banking on attacking returns.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
I think a palace goal is quite possible, so not for a hit as you're banking on attacking returns.
+1

It's a worthwhile move for sure, but do it next week for free.

faraday815
Cheetah

Post by faraday815 »

With Pellegrini announcing that Sagna is fit and Zabaleta isn't, would it be better to drop Kolarov for Sagna and gain 0.6, considering a 7-10 game view?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

faraday815 wrote:With Pellegrini announcing that Sagna is fit and Zabaleta isn't, would it be better to drop Kolarov for Sagna and gain 0.6, considering a 7-10 game view?
Madness!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

faraday815 wrote:With Pellegrini announcing that Sagna is fit and Zabaleta isn't, would it be better to drop Kolarov for Sagna and gain 0.6, considering a 7-10 game view?
Absolutely not. A regularly playing Kolarov is the best defender in the (FPL) game.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Notned wrote:
Absolutely not. A regularly playing Kolarov is the best defender in the (FPL) game.
You could argue best winger too. :D

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Best player too? :P

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

From4corners wrote:Best player too? :P
The only must have! :D