To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Nihkasilma
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: I'm rubbish at most, some would say I am driven by heart over head..

Mane

Post by Nihkasilma »

I have been holding onto Mane of Southampton, despite his recent price drop, as he has looked very lively in every game I have seen him in this season (bar the opener) including his European outing.

He injured his "Hip" in his last match & lasted a measly 24 minutes before being subbed off. Does anyone know if this was a precaution or did the injury look severe?

I'd quite like to keep him in my team but cant think of anyone else who I would like to replace him with.

Anyone else facing the same situation?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Mane

Post by thesilkworm »

Yes, although I have 0.4 in the bank so I at least have Coutinho as a reasonable option for next few games.

If we hear that he's fit I think I'll keep him, but we don't know either way yet.

d2024p
Treebeard

Post by d2024p »

He's been an infuriant this season. Has played well, started the last game basically up front and has nearly scored a hatful.

But he has done nothing. I feel I ought to hold on just to get one over on any doubters who might have dropped him (as happened with Wilson) but I'm probably WCing next week for the international break.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I have enough money for a straight swap for Pedro but if he's ready to play I'll keep him. the injury looked bad though, he fell to ground in tears.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

gallus wrote:I have enough money for a straight swap for Pedro but if he's ready to play I'll keep him. the injury looked bad though, he fell to ground in tears.
Koeman apparently hopeful he could even play on Thursday...

http://mobile.saintsfc.co.uk/news/artic ... 41642.aspx

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

As he's currently flagged he's price protected, correct ?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

redcat1 wrote:As he's currently flagged he's price protected, correct ?
If that's the case I'm definitely keeping him, Westwood has SUN(H) so he can fill in.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

redcat1 wrote:As he's currently flagged he's price protected, correct ?
No. Prices are never protected when a player is flagged, only when they become unflagged - and now apparently only in certain situations (Red to clear):

This is taken from last year's CTC thread:
reds363 wrote:Situations I've observed:

Red flag to yellow OR yellow to red: NTI balance remains, drop target adjusts (from the ~2.5x red multiplier to the ~1.25x yellow multiplier, or vice versa. Red to yellow changes can hence result in immediate drops like Krul last night)
Yellow flag to clear: NTI balance resets to zero, targets back to normal, no protection period
Red flag straight to clear: NTI balance resets to zero, targets back to normal, 8 day protection period

Clear to yellow/red flag: NTI balance remains, drop target adjusts (to 1.25x or 2.5x as appropriate)

These follow the simple rules:
1) thresholds always adjust immediately according to new flag colour (1x normal if clear, ~1.25x normal if yellow, ~2.5x normal if red)
2) NTI balance carries on from before when a flag colour appears or changes, but resets to zero when a flag clears
3) protection period only happens when a red flag goes straight to clear (e.g. commonly after suspension / ineligibility - e.g. Bertrand last week, hence no rise this week)
Obviously we don't quite know if anything has changed this year yet, but at the moment it seems sensible to assume this is the procedure.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

thanks Ste

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Quite unsure what to do with this guy. His fixtures short term are still delicious. If it looks like he's going to start the next game then I'll likely stick. Hopefully his price holds until the pressers.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

I watched the game and it didn't look that serious. He got hit pretty good and might have had a bruised hip or potentially a hop pointer. One would think he would be okay by Sunday.

More disconcerting was the 3-4-1-2 lineup. While Mane looked a bit of a threat on thru balls the Saints created nothing else. That formation could be troublesome for his future potential.

I am probably keeping him but may drop him to afford Sakho > Benteke. Can't decide yet what to do.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I've shipped him, for the same reason I did last season. He's just so frustrating to own. A really, really good player who constantly looks threatening and 'almost' scores. Often the best player on the pitch, but frequently this fails to reflect itself in FPL points. The frustration is he is just the kind of player who will do nothing for you, and then bang in a hat-trick the week you remove him!

I should add though that I am wildcarding; he probably wouldn't have been a priority with a free transfer unless the injury is confirmed worse than first feared, or I needed the funds for elsewhere.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

SuperGrover wrote:I watched the game and it didn't look that serious. He got hit pretty good and might have had a bruised hip or potentially a hop pointer. One would think he would be okay by Sunday.

More disconcerting was the 3-4-1-2 lineup. While Mane looked a bit of a threat on thru balls the Saints created nothing else. That formation could be troublesome for his future potential.

I am probably keeping him but may drop him to afford Sakho > Benteke. Can't decide yet what to do.
That's a tough call, indeed mate. I think Benteke has the potential to substantially outscore Sakho this week, and over the next few weeks too, so it all depends on the replacement. How much do you need to free up?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm sticking with Mane for another week (possibly two depending on the rest of my team) as per my original plan; then fixtures toughen up and he is on his way out.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Hopefully the situation will be a lot clearer come Thursday nights game and he doesn't drop in price again

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

-30% in 1 day, he's dropping by Thursday.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Notned wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:I watched the game and it didn't look that serious. He got hit pretty good and might have had a bruised hip or potentially a hop pointer. One would think he would be okay by Sunday.

That's a tough call, indeed mate. I think Benteke has the potential to substantially outscore Sakho this week, and over the next few weeks too, so it all depends on the replacement. How much do you need to free up?
Unfortunately, 0.1 more than I can by dropping Ritchie, even for the cheapest MID in the game. So affording Benteke is going to come at the expense of Pelle, Mane, or Ramsey. Given how dangerous Ramsey has looked the last two weeks I'm not feeling that (I have no idea how he has blanked the past two weeks...he's been all over the place; 7 shots, 4 on target, 5 chances created, and one wrongly disallowed goal not counted in those numbers).

The other option is Wilson and stick, but I think I prefer Benteke. That is if I don't want to commit to a WC soon.

So basically, it's down to two options:

Option A: Benteke + FWD or MID + WC saved until at least GW8 - 4 points
Option B: Wilson + Pelle/Mane - WC (probably use it GW5)

For now, I am leaning to Option A. In any case, I will decide by tomorrow due to potential price changes for Wilson, Mane and Pelle.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Southampton news conference coming up in a few minutes. Unless Mané confirmed fine I might have to let him go before he drops - at -91.8 on fplstatistics now. Hopefully we get some news one way or the other. I do want to keep him if he's fine.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

thesilkworm wrote:Southampton news conference coming up in a few minutes. Unless Mané confirmed fine I might have to let him go before he drops - at -91.8 on fplstatistics now. Hopefully we get some news one way or the other. I do want to keep him if he's fine.
If you go onto Soton forums you will find he did at least travel so I think that tells you he will play. Strangely Waneyama was at the hospital dunno if he's flying out later.

Quote Originally Posted by brett24 View Post
Got a feeling Wanyama won't be playing tomorrow. Just a gut, not ITK.
According to some guy on Twitter, Wanyama didn't travel today, he was at Southampton's general hospital.

Today, 03:55 PM #93 Saint Charlie's Avatar Saint Charlie Saint Charlie is online now

Mane definitely travelled which is good.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

sleuth wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Southampton news conference coming up in a few minutes. Unless Mané confirmed fine I might have to let him go before he drops - at -91.8 on fplstatistics now. Hopefully we get some news one way or the other. I do want to keep him if he's fine.
If you go onto Soton forums you will find he did at least travel so I think that tells you he will play. Strangely Waneyama was at the hospital dunno if he's flying out later.

Quote Originally Posted by brett24 View Post
Got a feeling Wanyama won't be playing tomorrow. Just a gut, not ITK.
According to some guy on Twitter, Wanyama didn't travel today, he was at Southampton's general hospital.

Today, 03:55 PM #93 Saint Charlie's Avatar Saint Charlie Saint Charlie is online now

Mane definitely travelled which is good.
Koeman says he's hopeful that Sadio Mané will be fit for tomorrow's game after suffering a hip injury on Sunday. #saintsfc

Sounds quite promising. If he can survive today without dropping, then plays tomorrow, hopefully he'll stay at 7.9.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Ideally they remove the flag before he drops and his NTI is reset. I believe that is still the case. Anyone confirm that this year?

I have decided on keeping him and dropping Pelle instead. Pelle seems to be moving on the same trek as last season in which he continually misses the goal from inside the box. His EPL shot accuracy is on par with Andy Carroll and that is a terrible thing. Unless he improves he's never going to be anything but a very low double digit goal scorer in league.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

SuperGrover wrote:Ideally they remove the flag before he drops and his NTI is reset. I believe that is still the case. Anyone confirm that this year?
This is what we still believe, yes. :D

(See above quote viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118250&p=2755823#p2755823 )

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yup that's the hope - if he makes it through tonight and then plays tomorrow the flag should be gone and he's back to zero NTO, which actually puts him in a better position than he was before the injury, in this respect.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

I've got my toes crossed that he's survives a drop tonight and the flag get removed (I would cross my fingers but that would make it hard to type this)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

redcat1 wrote:I've got my toes crossed that he's survives a drop tonight and the flag get removed (I would cross my fingers but that would make it hard to type this)
-98.4. Going to be so close, I'm holding and hoping for the best though...

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

thesilkworm wrote:
redcat1 wrote:I've got my toes crossed that he's survives a drop tonight and the flag get removed (I would cross my fingers but that would make it hard to type this)
-98.4. Going to be so close, I'm holding and hoping for the best though...
Me too, its time for bed and I can't think who i'd want to bring in for £7.9m

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Dropped. :(

Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about him dropping any more! :D

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Dropped. :(

Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about him dropping any more! :D
Of course he did...I have him.

Seriously he couldn't have been more than a few hundred over and there's a better than average chance his flag gets removed tomorrow if he makes the bench. So freaking annoying.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

SuperGrover wrote:Seriously he couldn't have been more than a few hundred over and there's a better than average chance his flag gets removed tomorrow if he makes the bench. So freaking annoying.
Yep, very annoying. His last reading on fpls had him at -100.5%.

Mané, you owe us a repeat of this on Sunday...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”