To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 4: Chelsea v Crystal Palace

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Gameweek 4: Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Post by Blaze »

This game could be a goalfest and now we have Hazard, Pedro and Costa to consider. Most people who wildcarded this week don't have any Chelsea coverage, so what's the plan?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Gameweek 4: Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Post by thesilkworm »

Azpilicueta seems to have my Chelsea attacking coverage sorted...

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

My plan is to count on the fact that Man City - Watford will also be a goalfest. Watford has held out for enough draws, Aguero and Silva will hopefully score 2 or 3 combined next week.

Also, I have the prolific Azpilicueta lol.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm wildcarding this week and am finding it very difficult to include a Chelsea player - a Benteke/Sanchez injury tonight would be quite nice as it would open up a spot and cash and simplify things a bit. I've been intending to last until GW5 with Hazard but alas, it doesn't look possible. The GW5-6 games are fairly tough.

I really want Costa but can't find the space, I really want Hazard but can't afford him with Silva/Aguero/Sanchez/Benteke there. Pedro may be possible, but pretty uninspiring and punty imo. Tough one, Haz/Pedro are both 0.5m or so more expensive than I'd like them to be.

Chelsea players are a second priority for me atm, and being very very expensive and second priority is a bad combination - there's no obvious way to compromise elsewhere to sneak them in, or at least I haven't found a way I'm happy with yet.

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

Yeah I'm sure Azpillicueta will be great Chelsea coverage when they win 4-1 :roll: Can see him scoring a hattrick for sure.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

I'm also hoping my triple Man City ('Kolvaro') should somewhat off-set the lack of Chlesea. Yes, it's a gamble.

Have to say i've also toyed with the idea of triple (C) Aguero for the Watford game but will probably hold fire on it.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Aar0n_28 wrote:Have to say i've also toyed with the idea of triple (C) Aguero for the Watford game but will probably hold fire on it.
Possibly the best non-DGW opportunity there will be for it, but still not worth considering imo.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Like Stem, I'm also wildcarding this week and have Hazard in addition to Sanchez, Silva and Aguero. Hazard is due a big score and I think it could come against Palace.

The only drawback of having all these big guns is that I would have to run with Defoe and Wilson in my first 11 although currently that doesn't seem such a bad compromise.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

thesilkworm wrote:
Aar0n_28 wrote:Have to say i've also toyed with the idea of triple (C) Aguero for the Watford game but will probably hold fire on it.
Possibly the best non-DGW opportunity there will be for it, but still not worth considering imo.
No not worth it. When you consider that most people will have Aguero as captain, a triple captain score won't actually gain many more points over the standard captain score. Surely better off using it for a double week?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm wildcarding, and holding Hazard.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Notned wrote:I'm wildcarding, and holding Hazard.
You're probably already aware but definitely remove him for now in case he drops, and bring him back later in week.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thesilkworm wrote:
You're probably already aware but definitely remove him for now in case he drops, and bring him back later in week.
Thanks for the heads up mate. I thought I read he looked safe, but it's definitely better to be on the safe side. A little drop would be quite handy, actually.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

gooberman wrote:Like Stem, I'm also wildcarding this week and have Hazard in addition to Sanchez, Silva and Aguero. Hazard is due a big score and I think it could come against Palace.

The only drawback of having all these big guns is that I would have to run with Defoe and Wilson in my first 11 although currently that doesn't seem such a bad compromise.
Goobers, you're the first person I've heard echo my plan to have the 4 big guns. I'm pleased to hear someone else thinks it's a good idea (ie the compromises elsewhere are worth it). Only difference for me is I'm on Sakho instead of Defoe.

The enthusiasm for Hazard on here is probably enough to convince me to choose him ahead of Pedro. If Benteke does well tonight though it could change things...Pedro + Benteke is the same cost as Hazard + Sakho. It''s a close call for me between these two combos.
Last edited by Archy on 24 Aug 2015, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Notned wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:
Thanks for the heads up mate. I thought I read he looked safe, but it's definitely better to be on the safe side. A little drop would be quite handy, actually.
I think he's probably ok after his assist at the weekend and nice immediate fixture (should stop the masses transferring him out), but at -95.3 on FPLS definitely not worth the risk!

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Hazard was frustratingly close to a drop yesterday, he was on 99% before the WBA game. The fact he's risen up to 'only' 95% suggests he's safe, which is a shame as I was hoping to pick him up cheaper.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Archy wrote:Hazard was frustratingly close to a drop yesterday, he was on 99% before the WBA game. The fact he's risen up to 'only' 95% suggests he's safe, which is a shame as I was hoping to pick him up cheaper.
I think the only danger might be if Sánchez runs riot tonight, as it's an easy straight swap.

Edit: I guess 'danger' is the wrong word since you're actually hoping for the drop!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Archy wrote: Goobers, you're the first person I've heard echo my plan to have the 4 big guns. I'm pleased to hear someone else thinks it's a good idea (ie the compromises elsewhere are worth it). Only difference for me is I'm on Sakho instead of Defoe.

The enthusiasm for Hazard on here is probably enough to convince me to choose him ahead of Pedro. If Benteke does well tonight though it could change things...Pedro + Benteke is the same cost as Hazard + Sakho. It''s a close call for me between these two combos.
Yeah, this is pretty much the consideration for me. I think in the Hazard setup I'd be going Diouf looking at Stoke's fixtures:

Hazard & Diouf/6.5m striker;
Costa & Ayew/7m mid; or,
Benteke & Pedro (or cheaper non-Chelsea mid plus cash).

I do think a Chelsea player is only desirable, not essential, at he moment though. A Benteke goalfest or an injury to either him or Sanchez would decide everything nicely. :P

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Archy wrote:Hazard was frustratingly close to a drop yesterday, he was on 99% before the WBA game. The fact he's risen up to 'only' 95% suggests he's safe, which is a shame as I was hoping to pick him up cheaper.
I'm pretty sure the jump in drop percentage was just down to an adjustment of the calculation used actually. Hazard is still the second most transferred out player today so far (after Rooney) and looks pretty certain to drop this week to me. :D

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Yeah, I was aware on Saturday that he was close to dropping to 11.4 so I took him out with the hope of slotting him back in and pocketing 0.1m, however he didn't drop on Saturday or last night and it now looks like he may not drop. I would imagine a fair few will be transferring him in now with him playing Palace at home next week. Slightly annoying. I've lost 0.3m on my team value so could have done with that 0.1 profit.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Even on a desperate WC, he's still expensive for a player you won't be captaining, same with Costa. Pedro on the other hand is comparatively reasonably priced in comparison despite doubts over his potential output. He is an easy switch to all mid-priced mids though, of which there are a plethora.

Not sure Gomis has that nice fixtures really, though he's already scored at Chelsea, whatever that means. I prefer the cheaper Diouf who has nice fixtures up until around GW11.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Archy and goober;

I'm going with Pedro, Sanchez, Silva and Aguero and funds are incredibly tight. Where is the 2m for Hazard coming from for you two?!

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

The Toon Man wrote:Archy and goober;

I'm going with Pedro, Sanchez, Silva and Aguero and funds are incredibly tight. Where is the 2m for Hazard coming from for you two?!
For me, cheap strikers - Wilson and Defoe who will also rotate with Hoolahan. So 2 out of the 3 of them will be in my first 11 depending on who has the better fixture/form.
Last edited by gooberman on 24 Aug 2015, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I've moved the Benteke/money in bank conv. to the 'Best Striker Combo' thread as it was derailing this one a bit. :D

hartvix
Treebeard

Post by hartvix »

gooberman wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Archy and goober;

For me, cheap strikers - Wilson and Defoe who will also rotate with Hoolahan. So 2 out of the 3 of them will be in my first 11 depending on who has the better fixture/form.
I find that rotating those kinds of players is a dangerous strategy, though. If that was you plan in GW3 for instance, surely you would have played Hoolahan and benched Wilson, thus missing out on 15 points?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I did briefly consider the four big hitter strategy last week (albeit without Wilson which might have made a difference) but I just couldn't see enough flexibility. One of the premium mids (if not Pedro then an Arsenal one) or a striker like Benteke is bound to suddenly pop into form soon and even if they don't Hazard just doesn't look right at the moment.

Costa looks better to me in terms of a squad, but then as Gooberman pointed out the better enablers suddenly don't fit. Aguero, Costa, Wilson doesn't seem terrible to me over the next few games but it is ignoring the value in players like Diouf & Gomis.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:I did briefly consider the four big hitter strategy last week (albeit without Wilson which might have made a difference) but I just couldn't see enough flexibility. One of the premium mids (if not Pedro then an Arsenal one) or a striker like Benteke is bound to suddenly pop into form soon and even if they don't Hazard just doesn't look right at the moment.

Costa looks better to me in terms of a squad, but then as Gooberman pointed out the better enablers suddenly don't fit. Aguero, Costa, Wilson doesn't seem terrible to me over the next few games but it is ignoring the value in players like Diouf & Gomis.
This is pretty much where I'm at too. I'd really like that front three (Aguero/Costa/Wilson) but then your probably looking at needing a midfielder for 6-7m to be starting every week alongside Mahrez to fund it, but the value in the 6-7m striker range looks better to me. If Everton's fixtures were better then Barkley might have been the one, and maybe you could trust Ayew but it's doesn't seem quite right to me.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I did briefly consider the four big hitter strategy last week (albeit without Wilson which might have made a difference) but I just couldn't see enough flexibility. One of the premium mids (if not Pedro then an Arsenal one) or a striker like Benteke is bound to suddenly pop into form soon and even if they don't Hazard just doesn't look right at the moment.

This is pretty much where I'm at too. I'd really like that front three (Aguero/Costa/Wilson) but then your probably looking at needing a midfielder for 6-7m to be starting every week alongside Mahrez to fund it, but the value in the 6-7m striker range looks better to me. If Everton's fixtures were better then Barkley might have been the one, and maybe you could trust Ayew but it's doesn't seem quite right to me.
In my current wildcard draft, I have Shaqiri in that slot. At the moment a lot of my attention is focussed on trying to stretch to someone like Ramsey (dependent on tonight) instead, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm better off saving myself the headaches and just sticking with him for now? I have missed every single bandwagon so far, so quite like the idea of hopping on early, and Stoke certainly have the upcoming fixtures for him to produce and start garnering me a bit of value..

I must admit that going without Arsenal attacking coverage just doesn't sit quite right with me though..

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Notned wrote: I must admit that going without Arsenal attacking coverage just doesn't sit quite right with me though..
So for you is the consideration something like:

Costa & Shaqiri;
Benteke & Ramsey + 1m (or Pedro); or
Diouf & Sanchez + 0.5m?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:
Notned wrote: I must admit that going without Arsenal attacking coverage just doesn't sit quite right with me though..
So for you is the consideration something like:

Costa & Shaqiri;
Benteke & Ramsey + 1m (or Pedro); or
Diouf & Sanchez + 0.5m?
Well my strikeforce is pretty much locked in on Aguero-Benteke-Wilson (obviously subject to tonight), so any fund-freeing will come from the rest of midfield or defence.

One of the main points of contention I keep coming back to (assuming I stick with Hazard over Pedro, and go without Sanchez) is Silva+Shaqiri vs Yaya+Ramsey...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Ah, I see. You're not happy with/can't afford Hazard-Silva-Ramsey-Mahrez-(4.5m) in midfield with Kolarov-5.5-4.5-4.5-4.0 in defence (and 4.5/4.0 in goal) alongside that attack?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”