To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW4 captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your GW4 captain?

Aguero
87%
Wilson
1%
Rooney
1%
Diouf
1%
Gomis
No votes
Hazard
No votes
Silva
3%
Yaya Toure
1%
Sanchez
1%
Ozil
No votes
Depay
No votes
Mahrez
1%
Benteke
No votes
Giroud
1%
Costa
No votes
Pedro
2%
Coutinho
1%
Oscar
No votes
Lukaku
No votes
Redmond
1%
Barkley
No votes
Kone
No votes
Sakho
No votes
Pelle
1%
Other
1%

Total votes: 179

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW4 captain

Post by Mav3rick »

Got to be Aguero. I won't be going against the polls, or maybe this is the idea time for a Silva captain.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Aguero for me.

elvushi
Treebeard

Post by elvushi »

I have a wee voice in my head whispering "Kolarov", but after my first decent week in 3 (65 points), and finally having made up some ground, it might seem like an unnecessary gamble too early in the season.

Thoughts?

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

elvushi wrote:I have a wee voice in my head whispering "Kolarov", but after my first decent week in 3 (65 points), and finally having made up some ground, it might seem like an unnecessary gamble too early in the season.

Thoughts?
Of course it is a big risk but if it works you'll be laughing.
Everyone sees Aguero at home to Watford and automatically pick him, sure there is a high possibility he will score a goal or two, but with Man City looking good attacking it is not only Aguero with a chance of scoring. With the likes of Silva, YaYa, Navas and Sterling all having the possibility of getting on the scoresheet Aguero COULD (unlikely) draw a blank. With Man City very likely keeping a clean sheet Kolarov is likely to get points from that and the odd chance of a goal or an assist.
I will personally be going with the safer, more obvious Ageuro but Kolarov could pay off.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

RedDevilRyan wrote:
elvushi wrote:I have a wee voice in my head whispering "Kolarov", but after my first decent week in 3 (65 points), and finally having made up some ground, it might seem like an unnecessary gamble too early in the season.

Thoughts?
Of course it is a big risk but if it works you'll be laughing.
Everyone sees Aguero at home to Watford and automatically pick him, sure there is a high possibility he will score a goal or two, but with Man City looking good attacking it is not only Aguero with a chance of scoring. With the likes of Silva, YaYa, Navas and Sterling all having the possibility of getting on the scoresheet Aguero COULD (unlikely) draw a blank. With Man City very likely keeping a clean sheet Kolarov is likely to get points from that and the odd chance of a goal or an assist.
I will personally be going with the safer, more obvious Ageuro but Kolarov could pay off.
I think throwing the armband Kolarov's way would be way to risky. Don't forget that theres still a good chance he gets rotated with Clichy at some point.

Aguero is probably the best captain, I could see why you might go for Silva or Toure but Kolarov is a step too far for me.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

No gambling for me, Aguero (c) Silva (vc)

EDIT: If I was to overlook City players, I'd certainly go with Benteke at home vs West Ham. Very good chance he'll score one or two against that defence.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Monsignor wrote:No gambling for me, Aguero (c) Silva (vc)
Technically this is a bit of a gamble - picking two players from the same fixture could come back to bite you if the game is postponed for some freak reason :)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

thesilkworm wrote:
Technically this is a bit of a gamble - picking two players from the same fixture could come back to bite you if the game is postponed for some freak reason :)
I never do that either. :D

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

My (v) is on Diouf fwiw.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

thesilkworm wrote:
Haha that never crossed my mind, thanks. But really, what are the odds of a postponement in August :D

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Agüero (c)
Costa (vc)

Too risky for me to go against the preferred choice.

zaqattaq
Kevin and Perry

Post by zaqattaq »

What about those that don't have Agüero? He only has 30% ownership anyway.

I have Silva for now but would be curious if anyone does Mahrez.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Kolarov keeps whispering in my ear "captain me, captain me"... Probably still going to go with Agüero.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Monsignor wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:
Haha that never crossed my mind, thanks. But really, what are the odds of a postponement in August :D
Reading-Sunderland had GW2 or 3 postponed 3 seasons ago. It actually hurt a ton of teams as Reading had a DGW 1 and most had at least 1 player from their squad.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

matmutte wrote:it was a schrewd move to go Depay (C) instead ofAguero last week but this time i'll go with the latter.
shrewd
adjective,
1. astute or sharp in practical matters:

Not sure if picking a guy who gets 1 more point qualifies as a shrewd move!

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I'll probably captain Aguero myself, but are Watford really that bad? Are we all going crazy just because they're a promoted team? 2 clean sheets in 3 games is the stat that jumps out. That and Aguero's blank last week. There could be some sob stories come 5 on Saturday when some people are staring a 4th straight captain 2 in the face!

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

BobMem wrote:I'll probably captain Aguero myself, but are Watford really that bad? Are we all going crazy just because they're a promoted team? 2 clean sheets in 3 games is the stat that jumps out. That and Aguero's blank last week. There could be some sob stories come 5 on Saturday when some people are staring a 4th straight captain 2 in the face!
It's not really about Watford being bad. Agüero at home to anyone is a viable captaincy option, but against a newly promoted team he's impossible to ignore.

He could blank for sure, but so could the alternatives.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Interesting, no votes for the in form Costa at home to Palace.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gooberman wrote:Interesting, no votes for the in form Costa at home to Palace.
Could be a shrewd move. I also have a really good feeling about Hazard this week. Aguero at home to a newly promoted side (albeit one who has looked decent enough defensively), coupled with City's blistering form, makes him pretty hard to ignore, though.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'd absolutely love to own Costa this week, but even on a wildcard I can't quite find a place for him. :(

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

90% at time of writing going for Aguero; does that mean at least 90% of us have Aguero, or just that it's only Aguero owners who want to respond this week?

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

How can I drop Mahrez after the last 3 weeks he's given me?

Mahrez (c); Toure (v).

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Mister Talons wrote:How can I drop Mahrez after the last 3 weeks he's given me?

Mahrez (c); Toure (v).
You mean to tell me Mahrez was your captain from round 1? Are you a prophet :shock:

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

Monsignor wrote:

Mahrez (c); Toure (v).
You mean to tell me Mahrez was your captain from round 1? Are you a prophet :shock:
No, just bonkers!
Mister Talons wrote:Mahrez (c) - Sigurdsson (v).

I just don't fancy Chelsea in GW1. I think Ranieri's Leicester might bolt out of the traps. Call me bonkers if you like. :-)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=117390&start=30

*still lying down in shock*

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Mister Talons wrote:
Monsignor wrote:

Mahrez (c); Toure (v).
No, just bonkers!
Mister Talons wrote:Mahrez (c) - Sigurdsson (v).

I just don't fancy Chelsea in GW1. I think Ranieri's Leicester might bolt out of the traps. Call me bonkers if you like. :-)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=117390&start=30

*still lying down in shock*
Haha very nice. Are you sky-high in the rankings?

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

Monsignor wrote:Haha very nice. Are you sky-high in the rankings?
I wish! On 148 at the moment. Mahrez has been great - it's the other 'usual suspects' that have let me down. Still, not complaining. :)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

If I had him I'd captain him, but since I don't I have to go Kun.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Amazing - Aguero reaches 100 votes before any other player exceeds 2. Not sure we've ever had such a one-sided poll on FISO before. :shock:

As a contrast, Aguero has around 60% on FFS, with Sanchez/Pedro 2nd on about 5%. Here Aguero has about 90% of the vote, next best is a group on 2%.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

gallus wrote:
If I had him I'd captain him, but since I don't I have to go Kun.
Ive brought him in with the wildcard. Im mildly tempted to go with him over Aguero but probably won't.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:Amazing - Aguero reaches 100 votes before any other player exceeds 2. Not sure we've ever had such a one-sided poll on FISO before. :shock:

As a contrast, Aguero has around 60% on FFS, with Sanchez/Pedro 2nd on about 5%. Here Aguero has about 90% of the vote, next best is a group on 2%.
Safe to say that Aguero (C) is a nothing decision then, apart from overtaking some of the amateurs, it looks as though it will make little difference in the real overall rankings. Wish I had the required appendages to captain Silva, but don't think I could watch the game if I did that!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”