To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 4 transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Gameweek 4 transfers

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:
Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:Mane+Benteke :arrow: Sanchez+Diouf (-4)

or

Mane :arrow: Pedro for free
Not sure I would want to get rid of Benteke given his upcoming trio of home fixtures, not least with the first of them being against a West Ham side that just conceded four to Bournemouth.

So the latter for me, by elimination.
yeah I'm not sure I want to lose Benteke, but it's necessary to fund Sanchez. The other option is Azpi :arrow: 4.5, but that leaves my defence a bit weak.

edit: actually I really want to do this:

I know it's madness but that's my ideal team with the current budget. Talk me out of it!
Looks decent to me, barring a couple of minor personnel tweaks here and there. Not sure I could ever justify a 16 point hit though, not least so soon after wildcarding..

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Absolutely set on Darmian -> Kolarov as stated yesterday.

However, I am unsure as to whether I should Gomis -> Wilson for -4. Now this is not intended as a short term transfer but an allowance to free funds within my squad.

So what of the idea?

Bournemouth fixtures (LEI, nor, Sun, sto, WAT) IMO are slightly more favourable, than that of Swansea's (MAN U, wat, EVE, sou, TOT) but I am wary that one performance does not define a season nor should I forget the form, though lack of BP's, for Gomis.

The availability of extra funds allow an upgrade for a premium defender, a mid ranged midfielder (£8.5 m area), if needed. I watched Spurs yesterday and they were poor IMO, missing the creativity of Eriksen and if I be honest, Chadli was bloody awful, for the vast majority of the game. It allows me to hop 'on and off' players/teams with form.

Any feedback....

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Notned wrote: Looks decent to me, barring a couple of minor personnel tweaks here and there. Not sure I could ever justify a 16 point hit though, not least so soon after wildcarding..
Oh I know the hit is not justified, I just want to keep the momentum going by fielding the ideal starting 11 every week for the next few weeks. Playing it safe and rolling over is boring. :P

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote:If Deeney doesn't score then more likely than not I'll be bringing Wilson in as his replacement.

That said, Hazard seems to be getting horribly close to a price drop so may need rethink things after tomorrow's games...
Deeney :arrow: Wilson done.

Now contemplating taking a hit for Hazard :arrow: Pedro...

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

For what it's worth, i've also considered cashing in on Gomis :arrow: Wilson to enable Payet :arrow: Pedro (-4). I'd have to do that tonight as it's looking like Wilson will rise and i'm right on the money.

My reservation is that for a few weeks i'll be stuck with two budget strikers in Grabban & Wilson alongside Aguero but have a killer midfield of Sanchez, Silva, Pedro, Depay, Mahrez. It would only be for Bournemouth's decent run and i'd look to downgrade the least effective premium mid at some stage.

hartvix
Treebeard

Post by hartvix »

Well, after three weeks of torture it's wildcard time for me. Activated it yesterday to get rid of Rooney, Kane, Hazard, Depay and Bellerin before any price drops. So far I've drafted in the top NTI players: Mahrez, Pedro, Wilson, Kompany, Agüero, Yaya, Gomis, plus Darmian and Sanchez. Let's see where this ends.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Razorback wrote:Now contemplating taking a hit for Hazard :arrow: Pedro...
A sideways move.

Unless you've decided that Pedro is the better long-term option and you need the funds for other moves.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Razorback wrote:Now contemplating taking a hit for Hazard :arrow: Pedro...
A sideways move.

Unless you've decided that Pedro is the better long-term option and you need the funds for other moves.
It's Hazard's impending price drop that's making me consider this more than anything else, Silva would be my first choice replacement but as I'm maxed out on City players Pedro represents an interesting alternative.

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

I guess Mane has to feature now. I might wildcard after this.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Gomis -> Wilson.

I've got Ayew for some Swansea coverage and feel Bournemouth could do really well over the next six.

Also frees up funds to upgrade Depay to Pedro.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Just wildcarded so quite settled with the squad I have unless Benteke/Sanchez gets injured/suspended tomorrow night (touch wood). Had a little thought of Kompany :arrow: Kolarov to release some funds but I'm not so sure yet.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

hartvix wrote:So far I've drafted in the top NTI players: Mahrez, Pedro, Wilson, Kompany, Agüero, Yaya, Gomis
Pedro is price-protected until Friday, so a single price rise is unlikely, and a double rise is impossible. If you're chasing a double rise, Redmond would be a better option.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Done Depay :arrow: Redmond

Is it worth a hit for:

Payet :arrow: Pedro

or

Kone :arrow: Wilson

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Is Wilson likely to rise? Some websites suggest that he is protected

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Very, very tempted by Gomis :arrow: Wilson tonight.

Can't see why he'd be protected?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd hope Wilson won't rise tonight. Sadly FPLS seems a bit overwhelmed at the moment! He had a massive surge of transfers on Saturday night, but I'm hoping a large portion of them were wildcards.

navoie
Wideboy

Post by navoie »

Is it worth to sell Sakho -> Wilson for a -4 points hit?

EDIT:
INow I think that waiting next 2 GWs and then buy Diouf is probably better idea.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

flare2 wrote:Is Wilson likely to rise? Some websites suggest that he is protected
FF fix have him as rising tonight.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

I like Wilson (actually had him before the WC last week), so would like to board that particular bandwagon - but don't really want to drop Gomis.

So considering...

Grabban :arrow: Wilson
Depay :arrow: Westwood

Moves to 3-4-3, plus leaves £3.3m in the bank for next week. All good... but taking a 4-point hit in the first week after a WC seems pretty knee-jerk :?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
hartvix wrote:So far I've drafted in the top NTI players: Mahrez, Pedro, Wilson, Kompany, Agüero, Yaya, Gomis
Pedro is price-protected until Friday, so a single price rise is unlikely, and a double rise is impossible. If you're chasing a double rise, Redmond would be a better option.

Sorry to ask, what does that mean Pedro is price protected?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
why is his price protected

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Because he is new. There are certain circumstances where players are 'price protected' for a period - being new is one of them. ;)

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Pedro was yellow flagged before he started today.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

JVRB48 wrote:Sorry to ask, what does that mean Pedro is price protected?
It means his price is locked until Friday. When a new player is added to the game, their price is locked for a period of, I think it's 8 days or something? Someone else can correct me on that if I'm wrong. But yeah, generally new players are price-protected for a week or so, which means their price can't change in that period, even if the player is transferred in by hundreds of thousands of people.

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Is this worth a 4 point transfer hit?

Huth - Kolorov
Barkley - Redmond

It is bang on the money so would have to do it asap. I've already got Ageuro and Yaya but city look so good I feel I need 3. Plus their fixtures are excellent.

My only worry is previously whenever I've bought in Kolorov or Clichy the random rotation of the two kills me. Kolorov is playing so well and it's only the start of the season that he shouldn't be rotated but you never know. The alternative option is Sagna as Zabaletta has been ruled out for a month.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

No, Huth and Barkley both have reasonable fixtures next week and their's a good likelihood with 2FT that you'll have another cunning plan next week that you can execute for free.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:Sorry to ask, what does that mean Pedro is price protected?
It means his price is locked until Friday. When a new player is added to the game, their price is locked for a period of, I think it's 8 days or something? Someone else can correct me on that if I'm wrong. But yeah, generally new players are price-protected for a week or so, which means their price can't change in that period, even if the player is transferred in by hundreds of thousands of people.
Thanks, Good

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Depay :roll: :arrow: pedro

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Ki :arrow: Mahrez
Berahino :arrow: Wilson

Two differential picks from my original team that I stuck with for three weeks, longer than many would have especially with Ki having been yellow flagged for two weeks... but time for them to move on.
Also have Gomis but I'd rather have him next week (vs Man U) than Berahino (seemingly in limbo until the window closes).
On the plus side their total absence this weekend meant I will get my 12 bench points this week!

Probably only 1 or 2 weeks from a wildcard so a -4 may seem silly but I feel I'd rather have these players at their current prices and not watch the outgoing players miss out or blank again.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

Already done Ward :arrow: Kolarov
Depay :arrow: Sanchez for -4 set up if he looks good tomorrow.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”