To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 4 transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Gameweek 4 transfers

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Agüero :arrow: Mitrović -4

Valeron is spot on, 1 goal isn't enough for 13m+ he should never blank.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Agüero :arrow: Mitrović -4

Finally! The voice of reason is heard - surely everyone can see this?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Wanted to use the Bulgarche chip - All Out Defence - but couldn't find it.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

Rolling over this week.

Pedro & Wilson are on the radar for next gameweek, although I'm not sold on Pedro's fixtures.

I'm also keeping tabs on Ritchie and Gradel given their favourable fixtures.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Re: RE: Re: Gameweek 4 transfers

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
Aar0n_28 wrote:Considered Depay :arrow: Pedro and Gomis :arrow: Wilson (-4) but i'm reluctant to a) lose Gomis in current form b) take a -4 for players based on one positive showing and c) head into the international break without 2fts.

On balance i'm leaning towards letting Pedro & Wilson run, then going after them if no other targets emerge. My trio of Man City players and Alexis Sanchez should hopefully offset any Chelsea/Bournemouth damage.

90% set on rolling the transfer over.
Exactly the same position as you except I'm more 60/40 :)

The Depay move is pretty much a no-brainer and the hit doesn't worry me too much, it's losing Gomis that's my main concern.
Depay is firmly in my sights. As daft as it sounds, i'd rather he blanks this week as it would cement his removal. Becomes awkward if he bags a goal & assist for example.

Gomis is definitely a hold for now. He's obviously buzzing from his blinding start so I'd back him to score even in the trickier fixtures.

Are you still edging towards rolling the transfer over too?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Wanted to use the Bulgarche chip - All Out Defence - but couldn't find it.
lol it only available in GW39

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Kompany > Kolarov.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

What would the statisticians amongst us advise of taking a 4 point hit to replace Koscielny with Kolarov? It's a one game move (likely to wildcard next week), with the added complication that I have Wanyama as first sub (easy game (in theory) but defensive player, also he might be ill), or if neither of them play then Huth as 2nd sub.

Would a sensible estimate be that whoever plays will probably get (on average) say 2.5 points, whereas Kolarov (on average) would get say 5.5 points, making it not worth the hit?

(NB. I posted this earlier in the Kolarov, but actually it fits better here)

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

scarletjim wrote:What would the statisticians amongst us advise of taking a 4 point hit to replace Koscielny with Kolarov? It's a one game move (likely to wildcard next week), with the added complication that I have Wanyama as first sub (easy game (in theory) but defensive player, also he might be ill), or if neither of them play then Huth as 2nd sub.

Would a sensible estimate be that whoever plays will probably get (on average) say 2.5 points, whereas Kolarov (on average) would get say 5.5 points, making it not worth the hit?

(NB. I posted this earlier in the Kolarov, but actually it fits better here)
If you are gonna WC next week, it's not worth it

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I have a feeling that's true, but do you (or anyone) have the statistical analysis to back it up? Sometimes people talk about 'predicted points', does anyone know what these are for Kolarov? (I know they will rarely be right, but if I base my decision on probability, I won't mind at all if something else happens, at least I'll know I made the logical call).

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

scarletjim wrote:I have a feeling that's true, but do you (or anyone) have the statistical analysis to back it up? Sometimes people talk about 'predicted points', does anyone know what these are for Kolarov? (I know they will rarely be right, but if I base my decision on probability, I won't mind at all if something else happens, at least I'll know I made the logical call).
FFFix has 5 points for Kolarov. 7 would be my estimation though.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Hmmm, and 7 would be where I'd be interested I guess. Dammit! lol (thanks btw)

timao1
Treebeard

Post by timao1 »

I initially thought that rolling over the transfer so that I have two frees after the International break and transfer window closes would be highly advantageous. But actually thinking in depth about it, any player on the radar who scores well this weekend will probably rise in price even before the transfer window closes or more importantly before an International ball has been kicked, and of course players who don't score well could drop quickly also. That could mean making the two (or three for a -4) transfers almost two weeks in advance of the next round of fixtures in order to save/bank a few 0.1's whether rising or falling, which although could earn some team value (the swing could be a pretty large amount), also carries quite the higher risk.

The thought of making a double transfer 12 days (give or take) in advance scares me :|

Any thoughts?

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

rolling over here. having played my wildcard last week i'm happy with it, anything now would be tinkering. although i am currently without chelsea coverage. still, i like having 2 FT over the international break.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Likely rolling over, but giving serious thought to someone from the Stoke attack, which would also free up some cash.

So...
Nothing :idea:
or
Ayew/Payet :arrow: Shaqiri
or [edit meant to have this 'or' included first time!]
Gomis :arrow: Diouf

Thoughts?
Last edited by HQ Manoeuvre on 28 Aug 2015, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Gameweek 4 transfers

Post by Sammy the Crab »

HQ Manoeuvre wrote:Likely rolling over, but giving serious thought to someone from the Stoke attack, which would also free up some cash.

So...
or

Thoughts?
Both a bit sideways and not worth a transfer imo.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

HQ Manoeuvre wrote:Likely rolling over, but giving serious thought to someone from the Stoke attack, which would also free up some cash.

So...
or

Thoughts?
One or the other, not both

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Gameweek 4 transfers

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Aar0n_28 wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:
Aar0n_28 wrote:Considered Depay :arrow: Pedro and Gomis :arrow: Wilson (-4) but i'm reluctant to a) lose Gomis in current form b) take a -4 for players based on one positive showing and c) head into the international break without 2fts.

On balance i'm leaning towards letting Pedro & Wilson run, then going after them if no other targets emerge. My trio of Man City players and Alexis Sanchez should hopefully offset any Chelsea/Bournemouth damage.

90% set on rolling the transfer over.
Exactly the same position as you except I'm more 60/40 :)

The Depay move is pretty much a no-brainer and the hit doesn't worry me too much, it's losing Gomis that's my main concern.
Depay is firmly in my sights. As daft as it sounds, i'd rather he blanks this week as it would cement his removal. Becomes awkward if he bags a goal & assist for example.

Gomis is definitely a hold for now. He's obviously buzzing from his blinding start so I'd back him to score even in the trickier fixtures.

Are you still edging towards rolling the transfer over too?
I think I'll roll over yeah. The 60/40 is now 95/5 :)

I'm now not so keen on Wilson. He's not risen as much as I expected this week so not going to hop on just to get on 0.1 cheaper. If he blanks this week the bandwagon will soon be derailed.

Pedro is currently my main concern but I see no easy way to raise the 0.8m to get him in. Again, if he blanks I'll probably give him a miss altogether considering Chelsea's fixtures.

Of course if both go mental (which is definitely likely!) then I'll be screwed.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

Did Mert :arrow: Kolarov yesterday

Considering Pelle :arrow: Wilson for -4. Pelle about to fall, Wilson about to rise. Pelle is likely out of the squad after this GW anyway with (wba/MNU/SWA/che) upcoming. Wilson has great fixtures and pretty much guaranteed to be a bandwagon should he score this week.

That would open up the possibility then to go Payet :arrow: Silva for another -4. This is a dangerous exercise....

Looking ahead to GW5. Hazard :arrow: ??? was always the most likely transfer after the first two weeks. He'd need a double digit haul to stay in the squad I think at this point so really the question is whether to take the hit now or later.

Swish41
Kevin and Perry

Post by Swish41 »

Koscielny -> Kolarov

splimsplam
Red & Blue Braces

Post by splimsplam »

I've done my wc. I'm not completely happy with it but I've tried to combined long term players with form, fixtures and band wagons.

Butland McCarthy

Clyne Gomez. Targett. Sagna. Richards

Hazard. Sanchez. Yaya toure. Morrison. Mahrez

Aguero. Vardy. Wilson

My main thought was getting in hazard, Sanchez and Aguero. Ideally I wanted to have Gomis up front and silva in midfield but at the moment I'm struggling and this is best I could come up with. I did also consider courtinho and barkley but eventually I settled on Yaya and Mahrez as I'm hoping/thinking that their fixtures and potential are better. I've got 0.5 in the bank and it's possible I might make a final tinker in defence.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Fabregas :arrow: Toure

We all know what will happen now...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Kompany :arrow: Kolarov

An exceptional situation.

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Took the hit on getting Kolarov and Redmond in........got rid of Payet and Huth

I like both the players I got rid of, Huth is an every present in an in form team, and has a goal threat, but....I can't see many clean sheets from him for now.
Payet started well and will stay on set pieces but West Ham are very hit and miss.

The lure of Kolarov proved too much

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Very close to pressing the button on Depay :arrow: Coutinho.

Coutinho can be a frustrating FPL player but looks to be more involved this season and has three strong home games in the next four.

I absolutely hate the word 'coverage' but I'm very worried that Liverpool will smash West Ham and Benteke's 40% ownership could be a big problem this week.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Four point hit:

Darmian :arrow: Kolarov
Depay :arrow: Coutinho

Cue Depay and United finally clicking and going on an explosive run....

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Hogmeister wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Agüero :arrow: Mitrović -4

Finally! The voice of reason is heard - surely everyone can see this?
8-) :lol:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Fuzz wrote:Four point hit:

Darmian :arrow: Kolarov
Depay :arrow: Coutinho

Cue Depay and United finally clicking and going on an explosive run....
Or............ :P

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”