To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which WBA defender?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Which WBA defender?

Post by Mav3rick »

Similar to CK's thread about Stoke, which are the best WBA defenders to go with?

Chester, McAuley, Lescott and Olsson have all played one game each. Dawson has played both.

Before the season, I would have said Lescott, but does anyone know why he was dropped (going to Villa?)?

Apparently Jonny Evans is being backed to sign too.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: Which WBA defender?

Post by bspittles »

Lescott is rumoured in the local press to be leaving for Villa.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Yes, I've been reading that in a WBA forum. Seems Fazio and Evans are both being persued, with talk of the entire backline being too old :)

McAuley (despite being the oldest) might be the safest bet at the moment, although Chester long term might be the better pick (or indeed Evans if he were to sign).

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/s ... ?tid=44297

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

You could have, Lovren, Alderweireld, Cedric, Jenkinson/Ogbona, Gomez/Moreno for your 5.0m - Why a West Brom?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Because Tony Pulis

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Purely because it's a set and forget Pulis defence. I may take one other from the list you mention too.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Good topic, I was actually thinking the same thing as I will likely be interested in investing soon.

I think I would quite fancy McAuley too Mav, but if Lescott stays he could become the best choice. It should be clearer by the time WBA's fixtures are nicer.

It might be worth while having a topic that is just a list of supposedly nailed defenders, with it being updated with new information when dug up.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Good topic, I was actually thinking the same thing as I will likely be interested in investing soon.

I think I would quite fancy McAuley too Mav, but if Lescott stays he could become the best choice.
Lescott might be a bit of a liability now apparently. WBA fans saying his pace is going (now he's 33) and that he's being left exposed. Olsson filled in last game, but again that was apparently his first good game in 18 months (no hyperbole from football fans surely :P ).

If Evans signed I guess I'd be fairly confident that he gets the start eventually and he is only 4.9 now. I really can't even see who is first choice given the lineups in the last two games. I'd assume that long term Chester and [New Signing] take over as the centre back pairing :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote: I think I would quite fancy McAuley too Mav, but if Lescott stays he could become the best choice. It should be clearer by the time WBA's fixtures are nicer.
What's wrong with their current fixtures? After Chelsea game they have quite delicious GW4-11.

MurfDawg
Kevin and Perry

Post by MurfDawg »

I'd hold off of any WBA defender myself, Fazio looks like he is signing for them and probably would start CB.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

The correct answer is Myhill.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

gallus wrote:The correct answer is Myhill.
I think you have him as well :D

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mav3rick wrote:
gallus wrote:The correct answer is Myhill.
I think you have him as well :D
Indeed, and he's averaging 10ppg for me at the moment :D

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

asm_fanz wrote:Because Tony Pulis
Go Myhill

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I did :)

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Is Myhill only an option for the next 4-5 weeks before Foster returns?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Which WBA defender?

Post by Sammy the Crab »

BobMem wrote:Is Myhill only an option for the next 4-5 weeks before Foster returns?
Probably yes. I still think it's worth the gamble though. His ppg stats from last season were pretty high iirc. Certainly high enough to make him worth a shot over the pretty crappy 4.5 keepers on offer.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I hope he stays first choice, he's probably the most underrated keeper in the league.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks to be a lot of uncertainty around them at the minute, Mav, with lots of rumoured ins and outs.

How about Sagna as a stop-gap? Jumps onto City's nice run of fixtures, and gives chance for any transfer movements at West Brom to unfold and a clear first choice defence to present itself. By the time the transfer window has shut and the dust has settled as it were, Zabaletta will probably be back anyway, so it's a relatively straight forward hop on and off.

I'm guessing though, given that you are on a wildcard, you don't have a free City slot available?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

MurfDawg wrote:I'd hold off of any WBA defender myself, Fazio looks like he is signing for them and probably would start CB.
It seems that the Fazio deal is off:

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/s ... ?tid=44311

Perhaps Johnny Evans is incoming, perhaps Lescott stays.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:Looks to be a lot of uncertainty around them at the minute, Mav, with lots of rumoured ins and outs.

How about Sagna as a stop-gap? Jumps onto City's nice run of fixtures, and gives chance for any transfer movements at West Brom to unfold and a clear first choice defence to present itself. By the time the transfer window has shut and the dust has settled as it were, Zabaletta will probably be back anyway, so it's a relatively straight forward hop on and off.

I'm guessing though, given that you are on a wildcard, you don't have a free City slot available?
Yes, well I think McAuley would be the safest pick, but seeing as I would bench him against Chelsea anyway and would probably fancy Targett in GW4, I think I'm ok even if I do back the wrong one. It would be annoying to have to spend a transfer out but not the end of the world.

Maybe if Evans somehow gets confirmed as a signing before tomorrow then I'd just put him in and hope :?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:Looks to be a lot of uncertainty around them at the minute, Mav, with lots of rumoured ins and outs.

Yes, well I think McAuley would be the safest pick, but seeing as I would bench him against Chelsea anyway and would probably fancy Targett in GW4, I think I'm ok even if I do back the wrong one. It would be annoying to have to spend a transfer out but not the end of the world.

Maybe if Evans somehow gets confirmed as a signing before tomorrow then I'd just put him in and hope :?
As a Lincoln fan, I would love McAuley to be assured of a first team berth so I could have him in my side at some point, if only for nostalgia's sake. Very rarely do we see our former players get anywhere near a top level career :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I wanted to dig this up, as I am really not sure now! If Lescott is back in Pulis's good books who's nailed on. Dawson at fullback? Wait and see? :/

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

If Evans becomes first choice, which presumably he will do, he will be hard to ignore at 4.8m.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Apparently Lescott came in for Brunt who had a dodgy hammy, so I don't necessarily think he's back for good. I think Dawson and Mcauley appear to be the most nailed on and I imagine Evans will replace Olsson now that the deal is done. Unless they make another signing Brunt will probably resume LB duties when he recovers. That said, the only one that appears nailed as of this moment in time is Dawson, the rest will come out in the wash over the next few GW's!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It is quite hard to pick. I personally think McAuley is the most nailed on currently, with Evans presumably nailed on if that transfer goes through.

Dawson looks good for now, but I'd not be overly surprised if Chester got some game time in his or ocassionally mcauley's place as I would expect him and Evans to be the number one pairing next season, if not later this.

I think it's wait and see for now, but if you have to pick one, I'd go Evans.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Dawson - Chester - Evans - Brunt?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

With McAuley, Evans & Brunt as a potential 3 in the back 4 - that's a pretty Northern Irish defence 8-)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Jose Enrique's move is looking pretty likely. Assuming he nabs the LB spot from Brunt that's a 4.4m Pulis defender. Evans was the CRD for about 3 days...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Enrique could prove to be a snip if he's nailed. Their fixtures look pretty good now, so if he starts either next week or the week after he could be a straightforward and easily attainable swap for Targett.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”