To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Mav3rick wrote:I'm interested in the bandwagon potential, but with no set pieces and primarily looking like a creator rather than scorer of goals in this Chelsea setup, isn't 9.5 a bit steep?

You can make an argument that he's 2.0 less than Hazard, but he's also only 0.5 less than Silva and 1.0 more than Ozil.
Pedro's on corners. :wink:

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Crooker wrote: How so? Clueless that I said there was no chance Pedro would remove Willian from the team?
ctibbits wrote:I think the sub of Willian when down to 10 men was very telling. Needing to hold on to the lead, Jose makes that decision. Although I cant understand it and think it was the wrong choice it has convinced me that Pedro is untouchable in the lineup.
[/quote]

So I am clueless because I didn't know Mourinho would sub off Willian 15 minutes before it happened. Im sorry didn't realize we had Nostradomas on the forum :roll: Tell me oh great one, who is the best captain choice next week since you know the future.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

no brainer next week aguero for sure is the correct choice. but he could end up with 1 pt and rooney with 16. thats just the way it goes

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

mayweather wrote:no brainer next week aguero for sure is the correct choice. but he could end up with 1 pt and rooney with 16. thats just the way it goes

But Crooker knows the future, so he can tell us exactly who the best choice is. May not be Aguero. Could be a three penalty save performance from Vorm after Lloris breaks his leg in a car accident Wednesday afternoon. Only Crookedamos knows this stuff.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

24,869 transfers in, probably all in the last hour :)

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

ctibbits wrote:
mayweather wrote:no brainer next week aguero for sure is the correct choice. but he could end up with 1 pt and rooney with 16. thats just the way it goes

But Crooker knows the future, so he can tell us exactly who the best choice is. May not be Aguero. Could be a three penalty save performance from Vorm after Lloris breaks his leg in a car accident Wednesday afternoon. Only Crookedamos knows this stuff.
Hey, hey, come on now guys, you should all know by now there's only one resident psychic here.

Me! :D

And yes, Aguero will be the best captain option next gw. :wink:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Am I corrected in thinking as a new player, Pedro is price protected?

If so, I will just keep Hazard/Sanchez in my wildcard team for now, then make a decision (and possibly re-allocate funds) on Friday. Little point putting him in now and risking not leaving myself the money for the former two, if there is no chance of riding any price increase.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Notned wrote:Am I corrected in thinking as a new player, Pedro is price protected?

If so, I will just keep Hazard/Sanchez in my wildcard team for now, then make a decision (and possibly re-allocate funds) on Friday. Little point putting him in now and risking not leaving myself the money for the former two, if there is no chance of riding any price increase.
Protected until the 28th, but that's before the deadline and so a rise is still possible before the deadline

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:
Notned wrote:Am I corrected in thinking as a new player, Pedro is price protected?

Protected until the 28th, but that's before the deadline and so a rise is still possible before the deadline
Thanks. No rush either way, then.

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

whatever about getting him in, he makes makes hazard less desirable. he will take points off him.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

I can afford Hazard and was planning to bring him in next week.

The question now is is he worth £2m more than Pedro?

My instinct is YES he is, but would be interested in hearing other thoughts.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Archy wrote:I can afford Hazard and was planning to bring him in next week.

The question now is is he worth £2m more than Pedro?

My instinct is YES he is, but would be interested in hearing other thoughts.
My instinct is yes too, but Pedro definitely presents an intriguing alternative if I am struggling to afford everyone I want elsewhere. I'm on my wildcard, so lots of playing around on that front.

I'm sure the double up could well prove very attractive at some point too, especially for the Chelsea run from GW11 on...

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Wouldn't it be better to watch him for a couple of games before bringing him in? 1 game is no indicator of how he'll fare in the PL. With Everton and Arsenal in the next 3, he doesn't have very good fixtures either

jb1000000
Treebeard

Post by jb1000000 »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:

Does the fact that he was yellow flagged then un'yellowed' not take precident?... I may be wrong but wasn't there an example from last year of a player rising before the initial price hold phase was over owing to a removed yellow?...

If anyone can clarify I'd appreciate it as I've already used my 2 frees this week and despite the good fixture this weekend I don't want to take a hit if possible but equally I want him in and don't want to miss one or (potentially) 2 price rises before the weekend.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Blue Fire wrote:Wouldn't it be better to watch him for a couple of games before bringing him in? 1 game is no indicator of how he'll fare in the PL. With Everton and Arsenal in the next 3, he doesn't have very good fixtures either
Words of wisdom.

Not really concerned by Pedro's impact on Hazard point potential, but watching the game i realised Costa was very lively and Pedro could help him rack up more points. Costa+Pedro could be a winning combo, to be monitored.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Notned wrote:
Smurphy's Paw wrote:

Thanks. No rush either way, then.
Anyone planning to get him this week should wait until after his protection period ends to help drive his price up.

Not personally considering him at the moment, although that could change in future.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Very nearly got him last night but i'm determined to play things a bit more sensibly this time round. If he performs well in the next couple of games it should'nt be too difficult to fit him in and given that I wildcarded last week, I will look to head into the international break with 2 FTs.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

He's a wait and see for me. The goal he scored was very lucky and wouldn't have gone in without the deflection, although he did look very dangerous all match and his pedigree is superb.

The fixtures are not too kind for Chelsea so I'm happy to see how he integrates into the team and what impact he has on Hazard, Fabregas etc. If he takes to the Premier League like Sanchez he will be a steal at 9.5m.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

With a little reshuffling of funds, I think Costa at 11.0m is probably a better bet than Pedro or Hazard this season, particularly as a captaincy option. Time will tell.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I agree with MPTree, but I think that it's quite difficult to free up a space for a striker at the moment.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I agree with MPTree, but I think that it's quite difficult to free up a space for a striker at the moment.
I'm probably WC-ing next week, and I think I like the look of ditching Hazard and going with Costa, Aguero, Wilson/budget forward.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I think Gomis is pretty much template. At least if you bought him at 7.0m like I did.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The effect on Costa is an interesting point. I think in my team though it's Costa vs Sanchez rather than Pedro.

I quite like Pedro as a bandwagon, he's the most transferred in player and obviously coming from zero ownership he has a lot of potential for rises. CRY up next is a nice game to potentially do well in and continue the price rises. He's also going to be backed by a stupid amount of casual Chelsea fans. It's pretty similar to the ADM situation last year, and I think he was up something like 0.5 within a couple of weeks.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

There's a fairly decent chance I'll go with him in my wildcard - from the highlights he wasn't quite as impressive as his points haul but I'm oddly unconvinced with anyone below the price of Silva and above the price of Mahrez atm. So, I do like the idea of a cheeky Chelsea attacking player next week and hopefully the rises Mav mentions may happen.

At 9m, Walcott has flopped and Sterling has been overshadowed. Apart from Yaya (and I prefer Silva) the 8.5m lot have pretty much all fallen flat - just a single assist for Mata, the now-injured Eriksen and Ozil from that entire category.

Mane at 8.0 is busy ruining gooberman's mood, and Coutinho despite scoring has been pretty ropey imo. Payet at ~7.5, after a burst of popularity appears to have lost some favour and has certainly lost the fixtures now. Siggy has been overshadowed by the other Swansea mids

The popular 7m lot have all completely bombed apart from Ayew (who I'm still on the fence about), with only really Shaqiri to come. Chadli looks poor despite bagging a customary goal.

Most of the 6.5m guys have failed, with Cabaye playing too deep now and Lens having to play in that Sunderland side. Only Barkley looks good at that price point imo but his fixtures are still irritatingly rough. Some of the 6.0 lot still look promising but appear bad value compared to Mahrez.

Slim pickings imo.

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Post by tamagotchi massacre »

Mata has been very impressive imo and is little more than a bit rusty and touch of bad luck away from picking up decent attacking points. Likewise with Coutinho, who I think has been excellent. But both players are keeping very pedestrian sides ticking over, so perhaps are players to watch for when the team performances improve

Coutinho looks absolutely nailed this year, so i think he might have the slightest edge over Pedro and Mata in that respect. I'll be going Pedro, partly because he'll be my only Chelsea player.

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Finisher1 wrote:I think Gomis is pretty much template. At least if you bought him at 7.0m like I did.
I don't really see the attraction here. The guy rarely gets a bonus point or scores big and for me, I would rather upgrade my 5th mid to a Henderson and play 3-5-2, knowing my player will play 90 and also get corner and free kick duties. It's going to hurt when Gomis hits that run of 4 or 5 games without returns, but that seems unlikely with a MF with much greater responsibility.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

tamagotchi massacre wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:I think Gomis is pretty much template. At least if you bought him at 7.0m like I did.
I don't really see the attraction here. The guy rarely gets a bonus point or scores big and for me, I would rather upgrade my 5th mid to a Henderson and play 3-5-2, knowing my player will play 90 and also get corner and free kick duties. It's going to hurt when Gomis hits that run of 4 or 5 games without returns, but that seems unlikely with a MF with much greater responsibility.
He's nailed on and on penalties, playing as a lone striker in an attacking side with creative mids and quick wingers. He's underpriced imho.

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

gallus wrote:
tamagotchi massacre wrote:
He's nailed on and on penalties, playing as a lone striker in an attacking side with creative mids and quick wingers. He's underpriced imho.
Yeah, I get it. I bought him in the auction game I play for exactly those reasons. But in that game we use the TFF scoring. In FPL his lack of explosive scoring and his not fulfilling whatever criteria it is that leads to bps awards, I think he's very questionable, even if he does come in at £1-1.5 million cheaper than, say, Lukaku and Benteke.

He's got 3 in 3 and has only 18 points. That's remarkable consistency and if you caught him at the start of the run it's useful, but it's awful pointscoring. Also, he rarely assists, and that's not good, not good at all for a striker. He'll bomb 2 pointers when he doesn't score, and the points he'll have accrued when he was scoring just wont be enough to convince.

That's my take on it anyways

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Can see why the lack of bonus might be irritating, but your Hendersons can be just as streaky and go on a drought. One of last year's popular picks, Downing, went 9 games without a goal or assist (or 1 in 14 if you will). Gerrard hit a run of 5 games without returns as well and he was more expensive. This season, Sigurðsson has not been involved at all so far. All on set pieces.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Yes the lack of bonus is a concern. If he keeps getting zero bonus I migght get rid when he stops scoring, but while he's in form he's a no brainer imho. The reason he's not getting bonus is probably -3 for missing a big chance, and he's getting plenty of chances.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”