To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by SuperGrover »

matmutte wrote:Let's not get carried away. Pedro may have had more impact at Barcelona than Sanchez but that has little to do with being a better allround player. He was just more adapted to the Barca style, coming through La Masia.
Pedro is a great player and underrated probably but imho nowhere near Sanchez' level.
Agree with that. Sanchez thrives when he has freedom and is the focal point of attack (Chile and Arsenal). At Barca he was best a third option.

But Pedro is very good and he is going to push someone out of the starting lineup (Oscar, Willian, or the random Ramires start).

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

SFC_Fan wrote:
ctibbits wrote:I wouldn't at 5.0
Did Pedro sleep with your girlfriend or something?

He's won more trophies than anyone else in the League.
:lol: Nice one! No I just believe very strongly that there isn't a chance in hell he will take Willians position. For me he is a bench player at best until proven otherwise and thus I wouldn't spend 5.0 on him or any other bench player. There are three scenarios I see as possible. The first I have stated, second he rotates with Willian depending on opposition and third he somehow takes the left from Hazard who moves into the hole. Only one of those three makes him of any value and even then I can't imagine him possibly getting the points to justify 9.5.

Believe me I hope I'm wrong as a Chelsea supporter but I just don't see it. I'll admit I was wrong if it happens but I am confident I will be right just like I was in January regarding Cuadrado.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I agree to an extent ctibbits but I'm not sure why Pedro would leave his hometown club where he sat on the bench but won everything going, to go sit on the bench at a new club? Surely he is guaranteed starts?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote:I agree to an extent ctibbits but I'm not sure why Pedro would leave his hometown club where he sat on the bench but won everything going, to go sit on the bench at a new club? Surely he is guaranteed starts?
Not sure that means a great deal tbh - he'll play if Mourinho thinks he's the best pick, he won't if he doesn't. It was suggested a few times there's no way Walcott would be benched after signing a 140k a week deal or that he'd never have signed without assurances...

We're just going to have to wait and see. There's signs that we might see a shakeup of the Chelsea team in the next few weeks, so this weekend he has a decent change of playing you'd have thought.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

I just can't see why he would leave Barca if it wasn't for first team football.

I won't be going near him at 9.5m anyway, too many doubts and you can have Silva for 0.5 more

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

I often wonder about these "guarantees". Surely no manager would agree to that. Could you imagine if there was some sort of clause saying that one of the many flops (Boselli comes to mind) had to play? Or for last season is Di Maria had that clause? A manager can't be handcuffed to play someone that is performing terribly right?

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

ctibbits wrote:I often wonder about these "guarantees". Surely no manager would agree to that. Could you imagine if there was some sort of clause saying that one of the many flops (Boselli comes to mind) had to play? Or for last season is Di Maria had that clause? A manager can't be handcuffed to play someone that is performing terribly right?
I just imagined Mourinho's face after someone tells him that he's contractually obligated to start a player regardless of performance.

FatBobby
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FatBobby »

Shevchenko?

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

FatBobby wrote:Shevchenko?
I was refraining from listing the Chelsea flops :(

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

spiderm4tt wrote:9.5m midfielder. Interesting to see how he does. Potentially he could be the Chelsea cheaper attacking alternative to the expensive Hazard as Caz/Ozil/Ramsey at times were last season (and could also be this season too) to the expensive Sanchez.

Top quality differential springs to mind.
I agree with this from spiderm4tt.

Whether we think he is or isn't a top talent or debate the legitimacy of his achievements at a dominant Barca, I'm more interested to see if he can produce the goods as a regular starter in what is another solid team all round.

I currently don't have Hazard, nor any CHE player, and I'm not overly comfortable about it right now, so if Pedro can prove to be an able alternative to Hazard (whom I'm not sure how to possibly fit in my team), then I will be all over Pedro like a chubby kid on fresh pie.

I'm yet to form a solid opinion on whether he'll be a success or not, main reason being it's even harder to guess how players will do when they've been a comfortable part of the one team for so long throughout their career, however there's enough quality around him in Hazard, Fab, Matic and Costa etc to help him be a success if he can hit the ground running and strike up an early understanding. As we know Fab and Hazard create plenty chances on their own, so someone of Pedro's quality will have ample opportunities to score, and likewise ample opportunities to feed Hazard and Costa in return.

He may not set the league alight, but you can't argue with quality and experience, and despite some saying they don't rate him, the facts are he has been a fairly consistent and valued player of what was a dominant team for a long period of time, regardless of his role or lack of starts. Remembering that this is no ordinary team either, but one filled with extra-extraordinary players that generations to come may not witness the likes of again. You can hardly judge the guy solely based on the fact he couldn't nail down a starting role in 'that' team. :D

I can only judge him based on the many games I have seen him play, and what I do know is he'll bring a tireless work rate both in attack and in defence, and he has the quality to finish and find a pass when the opportunity arises. May seem fairly straight forward, but sometimes it's better to keep it simple and not over analyse.

Many quality players make it to the EPL, and for me the question is never 'do they have the skill and quality to make it?'. Rather I think it's more about 'do they have the physical strength and endurance to handle the EPL?'

They don't reach the highest level without the skill and quality, so that should be a given.

Anyway, Pedro, I'll be watching you closely my friend. :P

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

SuperGrover wrote:
matmutte wrote:Let's not get carried away. Pedro may have had more impact at Barcelona than Sanchez but that has little to do with being a better allround player. He was just more adapted to the Barca style, coming through La Masia.
Pedro is a great player and underrated probably but imho nowhere near Sanchez' level.
Agree with that. Sanchez thrives when he has freedom and is the focal point of attack (Chile and Arsenal). At Barca he was best a third option.

But Pedro is very good and he is going to push someone out of the starting lineup (Oscar, Willian, or the random Ramires start).
I think it will be Willian.

Excellent at tracking back, but never really hit any great heights or consistency going forward. I don't think Ramires is a factor, and Oscar will continue to get minutes to develop. :D

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

ctibbits wrote:
:lol: Nice one! No I just believe very strongly that there isn't a chance in hell he will take Willians position. For me he is a bench player at best until proven otherwise and thus I wouldn't spend 5.0 on him or any other bench player. There are three scenarios I see as possible. The first I have stated, second he rotates with Willian depending on opposition and third he somehow takes the left from Hazard who moves into the hole. Only one of those three makes him of any value and even then I can't imagine him possibly getting the points to justify 9.5.
:shock: And a fourth scenario I hadn't considered. Willian moves to the middle :oops:

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

ctibbits wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
:shock: And a fourth scenario I hadn't considered. Willian moves to the middle :oops:
You really are beyond clueless

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead
FS Record: 2,263 points

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

Lol @ the guy who completely overrated Willian and said no way Pedro wouldn't be taking his spot, wouldn't be anyone else. He works hard but his finishing product out wide is dire.

Anyway, to say he's anywhere near Sanchez is a joke. But he's efficient, and if he scores 10-15 (as he well could) then i'll grab him as a nice differential as (nicely) so many are turning him down here.

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

^ in before goal scored #pointproven

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Might put him in my wildcard team for now, before deciding between him and Hazard on Friday. Ride any potential price rises.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

is that not willian out on the pitch?

assist for pedro..ill happy take costa points and will welcome pedro in tonight f he gets through unscathed! CHOO-CHOO :)

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Unless the little shit has a stormer in the late kick off, that's Sterling out for Pedro tonight.
Last edited by thekitkatshuffler on 23 Aug 2015, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

He actually is, but Pedro with the end product already day and night :)

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

ya it was a scuffed assist he meant a shot but not even a half played and hes already made a goal and set one up. im sure the masses will have him in. i wonder does the old price thingee still exist where new players added transfers in dont count til 7 days after they are included?

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Crooker wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
How so? Clueless that I said there was no chance Pedro would remove Willian from the team?

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

jaypurs. pedro had another assist there put it on a plate they somehow missed it. if he doesnt get taken off early he could run up a cricket score here

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

He looks brilliant, took his goal superbly, his assist was a goal Costa got on the end of and Willian should have buried another set up by Pedro.

And Azpi just scored, boss.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

The Username wrote:He looks brilliant, took his goal superbly, his assist was a goal Costa got on the end of and Willian should have buried another set up by Pedro.

And Azpi just scored, boss.
Not sure what you saw but his first goal was clearly a fortunate deflection although the run and movement was very nice. His assist was a terribly scuffed shot, WAAAAYYYYY off target. The only thing he should have so far is the assist that Willian never should've missed. He is looking good but the points total is very flattering at the moment.

tsubasa_sama
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tsubasa_sama »

Hmm, Pedro vs Sanchez for next week

idk how I can get Pedro, Sanchez and Silva in my midfield without taking an 8pt hit :/

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

lot of hits this week i presume. shaqiri,pedro will be in demand

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

I think the sub of Willian when down to 10 men was very telling. Needing to hold on to the lead, Jose makes that decision. Although I cant understand it and think it was the wrong choice it has convinced me that Pedro is untouchable in the lineup.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm interested in the bandwagon potential, but with no set pieces and primarily looking like a creator rather than scorer of goals in this Chelsea setup, isn't 9.5 a bit steep?

You can make an argument that he's 2.0 less than Hazard, but he's also only 0.5 less than Silva and 1.0 more than Ozil.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

ctibbits wrote:
Crooker wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
How so? Clueless that I said there was no chance Pedro would remove Willian from the team?
ctibbits wrote:I think the sub of Willian when down to 10 men was very telling. Needing to hold on to the lead, Jose makes that decision. Although I cant understand it and think it was the wrong choice it has convinced me that Pedro is untouchable in the lineup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

non chelsea owners very lucky with that terry red card. killed any chance of chelsea scoring as freely as they were.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”