To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by Ironfist »

Chelsea will win all these four games (next 4 GWs) and will score at least 6 against TLV @Home. After winning 7 of the next 8 they'll be neck to neck with ManC if not ahead.
Pedro will be in the top 5 scoring FPL players and priced at a minimum of 10.5m.
You read it here first!
:D

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

Ironfist wrote:Chelsea will win all these four games (next 4 GWs) and will score at least 6 against TLV @Home. After winning 7 of the next 8 they'll be neck to neck with ManC if not ahead.
Pedro will be in the top 5 scoring FPL players and priced at a minimum of 10.5m.
You read it here first!
What odds would you like, sir?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

umistboy wrote:
Ironfist wrote:Chelsea will win all these four games (next 4 GWs) and will score at least 6 against TLV @Home. After winning 7 of the next 8 they'll be neck to neck with ManC if not ahead.
You read it here first!
What odds would you like, sir?
Just to clarify; this doesn't make me happy, though I truly believe this will happen.

Sometimes single players can energise a whole team and be the agent of change. Pedro is the right man at the right place & time.

teknohed
Treebeard

Post by teknohed »

Ezequiel wrote:
SFC_Fan wrote:
ctibbits wrote:I wouldn't at 5.0
Did Pedro sleep with your girlfriend or something?

He's won more trophies than anyone else in the League.
Coming off the bench in a teamsport.
That's complete b******s.

Messi, Pedro and Villa were the spearhead of attack under Guardiola, and they won a f***kload of trophies under his tenure.

It was only Neymar that pushed Pedro to the bench.

Sanchez was even further down the pecking order than Pedro. I suppose he should be a £4.5 enabler?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

teknohed wrote:Sanchez was even further down the pecking order than Pedro. I suppose he should be a £4.5 enabler?
He already is. At Aston Villa. :wink:

I agree that Pedro seems to be massively underrated by some on here. I personally think he'll tear it up this season, and prove to be a viable alternative to Hazard in our FPL teams.

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

I wildcarded last week and yep I'm considering a hit to ditch Depay for Pedro. I use this forum for positive info on new players as I don't follow anywhere other than UK and if you think he will tear up this league I'm busy pondering. Only hesitant as that phrase was used often when discussing Depay, but it is early days I know and I'm sure Chelsea will rocket, but are you confident he is nailed or will he rotate with Willian depending on opposition.. I just don't know.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

jonhoggy wrote:I wildcarded last week and yep I'm considering a hit to ditch Depay for Pedro. I use this forum for positive info on new players as I don't follow anywhere other than UK and if you think he will tear up this league I'm busy pondering. Only hesitant as that phrase was used often when discussing Depay, but it is early days I know and I'm sure Chelsea will rocket, but are you confident he is nailed or will he rotate with Willian depending on opposition.. I just don't know.
Pedro is nailed, almost certainly. Willian and Oscar will be the ones to rotate according to opposition I imagine.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Post by Les_Gomiserables »

I'm really really keen on Pedro and i think at 9.5 he's value.

Showed his class last week and is a natural goal scorer.

Played my WC this week and along with Kun, Silva, Costa he was locked in very early on.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Notned wrote:
jonhoggy wrote:I wildcarded last week and yep I'm considering a hit to ditch Depay for Pedro. I use this forum for positive info on new players as I don't follow anywhere other than UK and if you think he will tear up this league I'm busy pondering. Only hesitant as that phrase was used often when discussing Depay, but it is early days I know and I'm sure Chelsea will rocket, but are you confident he is nailed or will he rotate with Willian depending on opposition.. I just don't know.
Pedro is nailed, almost certainly. Willian and Oscar will be the ones to rotate according to opposition I imagine.
Actually Mourinho really like Willian, since he can support offensively but makes a great job defensively and can be played in different roles. I don't see him being benched (of course i can be wrong as always :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) But i think the decision will be between Oscar and Pedro. I don't think Pedro is nailed on and will be a certain starter. I think he made the move cause he has no competition against the Barca trio at all. Neymar, Suarez and Messi were starters for sure and Pedro already noticed he has no place on that team. So he decided to move to Chelsea but i don't think he will be a starter since the beginning (despite the good debut he had). Oscar is another key of Mourinhos game and the coach really like the two brazilian boys. I guess Pedro can be even benched next game (since Palace is not considered a such great squad and Mourinho can try Oscar instead of him and then start the comparisons to see who will be bench and who will be starter).

So i don't know why everyone think that Pedro is already a starter when Chelsea has so many options on the mid. I would say it's risky to bring him just yet. But common it's just me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

For what it's worth, I don't own Pedro myself, so my view is purely objective. But I would be very, very surprised he isn't nailed on when fit.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Pedro is nailed on, Oscar and Willian never have been, and Depay has a very long way to go before any comparisons with Pedro can even start to be made.

Mods this thread can now be closed. :D

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I think with Hazard at LM the RM side has never looked stong. Mourinho has tried several players recently who have not cut it. Salah Schurrle Ramires Cuadrado and Willian have not been world beaters. Pedro is World class and could be just like Hazard on the other side 2.0 cheaper then the Belgium who could get exactly the same points wise is a bargain

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

LAMPS27 wrote:
That just leaves Pedro, a very direct player who was also on corners I noticed at the weekend. I think he's a decent price so long as he holds down his place. We know Hazard is on the left which means out of Oscar/Willian/Pedro someone needs to drop out. Pedro is only a candidate for the right hand so Willian looks the odd one out.
Pedro took 4 of Chelsea's 8 corners at WBA ... assuming he stays on them he should pick up a few assists courtesy of headers from Terry, Cahill or Ivanovic who always offer an aerial threat.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

Fabregas out, Pedro in.

Was looking forward to a season of fabregas ripping it up in the number 10.

Now looks like Pedro and hazard have the wings so Willian Oscar now both looking at number 10 so fabregas more likely to stay back with matic.

Thinking a costa injury could change things though. Pedro moves up front. Wing opens up for willian and fab back to just fighting Oscar for 10. Presumably Pedro has partly been bought because Remy and falcao suck and Costa is guaranteed to bust his hamstring at some point

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

sparx14 wrote:Thinking a costa injury could change things though. Pedro moves up front. Wing opens up for willian and fab back to just fighting Oscar for 10. Presumably Pedro has partly been bought because Remy and falcao suck and Costa is guaranteed to bust his hamstring at some point
That's an interesting idea. Obviously we'll have to wait and see if that happens.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 29 Aug 2015, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Good point, sparx! Could be exceptional value at some point this season if/when Costa is injured or suspended. I imagine as well as being first choice right winger, there is also a decent chance he might be second choice striker...

I'm on Hazard instead for now, but were the above to transpire I would be very tempted by the double up.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

And Chelsea still sniffing around Pogba too are'nt they so thats maybe another body to squeeze in somewhere.
Its still a bit early to persuade me to go for Pedro, I'll but will be watching him like a hawk for the next few weeks.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Thanks to Kolarov the Pedro move is on hold. Hoping for a blank this week so I have more time to weigh a swap from Depday :arrow: Pedro either next game week or ideally in game week 8/9 when I really want Pedro as opposed for the next few weeks Palace at home aside.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

You read it here first!
Well that forecast went rather well I thought. :D

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Has anyone still not got Pedro? :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I own him, but didn't actually think Pedro was that good yesterday - I didn't think he was in the game that much, just that when he was in the game he did pretty well.

He did a bit of an Ayew and had all (4) of his attempts in the box, and the stats say he created 5 chances - the most of anyone else from either team in the game (Hazard next on 3) - even though whilst watching the game it didn't seem that many to me. However, none of his shots were on target - in fact, his only shot on target so far for Chelsea was his flukey deflected goal. :s

I'm not totally convinced yet, but will happily ride his price rises for now and decide if there's a worthwhile downgrade later - at the moment there isn't really anyone in the 8-8.5m range shining (cue Depay/Mata/Mane today) so the competition is low.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

cesc408 wrote:I think with Hazard at LM the RM side has never looked stong. Mourinho has tried several players recently who have not cut it. Salah Schurrle Ramires Cuadrado and Willian have not been world beaters. Pedro is World class and could be just like Hazard on the other side 2.0 cheaper then the Belgium who could get exactly the same points wise is a bargain
I find this general opinion quietly baffling to be honest, and I'd like to quickly address it here, as it's something that's always niggled at me every time I hear or read it. Reason being, I think many people that form this opinion neglect to consider that all the rules and laws of normality do not apply when speaking of Mourinho, and as such I think people's views of reality become distorted by the thick dark smoke that is Mourinho's psyche.

Meaning, the statement above would not even be a fair consideration or evaluation of those mentioned players abilities or potential, if it wasn't being said in the context of Mourinho's management. To say those players didn't 'cut it' isn't entirely fair imo, and whilst I agree none of them are as good as Pedro, the ultimate signing for that role, I think their perceived failures were more a case of Mourinho's impatience rather than their lack of merits.

I'm not trying to derail the conversation, as it's still relevant to Pedro's inclusion, but consider this more an opinion piece, as I just had to address this perceived notion I see so often that the players that came before Pedro were obvious failures that couldn't nail down that position. Allow me to explain...... :D

Besides Willian and Ramires, the other players you mentioned never really got the opportunity to have a prolonged stint in the side, and thus settle in and show their true worth. We can really only assume they were all terrible in training, but given they are all quality players, it's hard to buy into that reasoning.

I agree Willian never reached any heights from an attacking perspective, and failed to really impress greatly given he was rewarded with the most game time of that lot, so perhaps it's fair to say he never really 'cut it' as you say, although he still played a key role in providing regular defensive cover down that wing in what was a very successful side. This however isn't enough, and to be considered a true asset, he of course had to improve greatly when it came to his attacking contribution. Something he never achieved, and was often forgiven for given the talent around him to compensate.

Ramires could be considered in another category all together from the others, as he was always more a central defensive mid type, and furthermore I think he performed quite well during his time, of course more so in his earlier career at Chelsea. Good player that worked hard defensively and chipped in with a few goals, but never a 'great' player imo.

These next two players are the main two that I feel are unjustly criticized for not making 'the cut' as many say. Both Salah and Schurrle showed glimpses of their worth on numerous occasions (more so Schurrle who was afforded the most minutes), and given their game time was quite often minimal, with very rare starts and more frequent appearances from the bench, I think it's a tad unfair and even maybe unfounded to state that both players never really cut it. Had either received the opportunity to string a fair few games together in the form of multiple 90 minute outings in a row, I think both could have been more than capable of nailing down that role on the opposite wing, and contribute regularly with more goals and assists than Willian ever managed. That's not to say they were flawless players and didn't both have their weaknesses or poor performances, but given they are in that category that sits between good squad player and elite great player, I think it would be unfair to expect a flawless performance every time.

The fact is they were both better quality players than just your standard good squad player, and they are afforded that loose classification because unlike many standard players, they both showed they could produce an end product, especially Schurrle who popped up with some important goals, and was much improved defensively during his twilight period at Chelsea. I think he deserved a bigger opportunity, and could have been a real force and asset for Chelsea with regular starts, and you can't undermine the negative effect that frequent bench roles and uncertainty of standing within the team will have on a players confidence, especially when it would seem they have performed admirably when given the opportunity.

As for Cuadrado, he is the great enigma that never was nor it would seem, ever will be. A fantastic talent that showed his worth in patches at Fiorentina, including a great 2013/2014 season, however it will never be known what he could have achieved at Chelsea, as it seems Mourinho was never convinced on the training track. Again, his very limited minutes and more regular bit roles from the bench, aren't really a fair or large enough barometer to measure him by. More so given the fact his short time with the squad and very few opportunities to settle and gel with his new surroundings.

Mourinho has always been about the here and now, and winning titles instantly. He operates at a pace that doesn't allow for 'breaking in' periods, and signings like Costa, Fab and Pedro are all evidence that proves Mourinho is all about ready made elite players, fitting into a ready made elite team, built to win instant titles and successes.

Pedro is the perfect fit for Mourinho, Chelsea, and the role Mourinho expects him to play. No one can or will rival Pedro for that position, as the simple truth is, Pedro is made for that role, and no other player in that squad can compete with what Pedro brings talent wise, and experience wise.

Mourinho got his perfect man, and imo the best option in the world currently for what Mourinho expects and wants from the player in that position. In Pedro he has a ready made custom built jigsaw piece that fits perfectly, and will blend in seamlessly with little fuss or added directive. This is why I predict big things from both Pedro and Chelsea this season once they get going, as imo they just nailed that final piece needed to defend their title and be more competitive in the CL.

However, and the main point that led me to this rant, that doesn't mean all those that came before him were failures or couldn't possibly have succeeded in that role given ample opportunity.

I have no doubt that some of them could have nailed down that role for Chelsea and made it their own with great success, however 'Mourinho's Chelsea is a different beast, and one in which only one man will ever know or understand the KPI's by which all personnel below him are measured.

Sorry for the long post, but you hit a nerve. :lol: :P

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Would like to get on his rise but currently no one in my midfield I want to get rid of.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

i dropped depay for him so the -4 i took was made up by his performance at least.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Yup I used 4 points to get him in as well. Got an assist last week and bonus so not all bad

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Either way, it actually works great for me because I can't make up my bloody mind on which Chelsea player to get and which player(s) to replace, I really want to watch one more gameweek before making that decision.

I'm not too worried about them scoring very high against Everton.

Pedro has surprised me with how he hit the ground running, I had my doubts about him in the EPL. I still do to an extent, but next Saturday's game should be pretty telling in that regard.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Hey chaps

Pedro's price still hasn't risen. I brought him in using my WC. Any thoughts on whether he'll rise over the coming days?!

GreekGeekFromGweek
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Superb

Post by GreekGeekFromGweek »

So after reading through 8 pages, the conclusion is get Pedro in before his price skyrockets?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've moved the long conversation about the price change system to the Price Changes thread, just to keep this one readable for those talking specifically about Pedro. :D

(Apologies to Monsignor whose post 3 above has lost a little context as a consequence)

Vsz wrote:Hey chaps

Pedro's price still hasn't risen. I brought him in using my WC. Any thoughts on whether he'll rise over the coming days?!
I think the current situation is that we don't really know. He could rise any evening really, it depends if/when the protection has been removed.
GreekGeekFromGweek wrote:So after reading through 8 pages, the conclusion is get Pedro in before his price skyrockets?
Actually, the danger of a price rocket has probably passed now due to the vast majority of expected transfers not counting towards rises (during the prolonged protection period). Most that wanted him immediately will likely now own him, so we can probably expect him to behave just like any other player from now on in terms of price rises/falls. Once the first 0.1m rise eventually happens so we know protection has stopped that is. :D

Welcome to the forum! :mrgreen:

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

I like Pedro, just giving him a few more gameweeks to see if Hazard might wake up. Last year this time, another Chelsea midfielder threatened Hazard for points and quickly attracted high ownership because he was cheaper than him. We all know how that ended. Although the price differential is higher this year (2m between Pedo & Hazard) and Pedro is a forward player so it could really work out to own him rather than Hazard.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”