To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
pompey1898
Wideboy

Pedro - Chelsea

Post by pompey1898 »

Looks like this is going to be finalised today..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33989090

What do we reckon he will come in at? 8.5m, the same as Depay? If so could be a great alternative to Hazard for those of us on wildcard this week.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by Stemania »

Where does he fit into that team? Does Willian (who is key to them imo and is the main reason Ivan can get forward so freely) get dropped with Pedro on the right? Hazard moved to the hole with Pedro on the left? Can't see Pedro in the hole tbh. Willian would be a big miss from that team and he's the most likely I guess.

Doesn't really make perfect sense to me tbh - maybe it's just to gazzump Mun United (like the Willian one with Spurs) - I think they need a CM much more, at which point Fabregas can be the extra attacking mid. :?

It'll be 9m imo, assuming he's classed as a midfielder (that's far from certain though - he's the type of player FPL like to put down as a striker).

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Been over reliant on Hazard for far too long and looks like we'll finally have someone on the opposite wing to carve teams open

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Looks great for Oscar in the #10 role - Party time.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I think Oscar is similar to Walcott, explosive but not nailed. Those who pick Oscar are asking for trouble.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

I'd imagine he'll be 9.5

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I wonder if this means Remy will be allowed to move to another team in the prem? 7.3m and dropping.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Stemania wrote:I wonder if this means Remy will be allowed to move to another team in the prem? 7.3m and dropping.
We'd have had him a heartbeat but French 'wingers' are always priority :roll:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I wonder if Newcastle signed Rémy, would Armstrong be able to extend his loan.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Crooker wrote:Been over reliant on Hazard for far too long and looks like we'll finally have someone on the opposite wing to carve teams open
Erm, but what about ↓

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Have you seen him play? x)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Stemania wrote:Doesn't really make perfect sense to me tbh - maybe it's just to gazzump Mun United (like the Willian one with Spurs) - I think they need a CM much more, at which point Fabregas can be the extra attacking mid. :?
I've been saying this for a while. When we were linked with Koke who would have played alongside Matic with Fab in the hole, I thought for sure we would have the best midfield by far. That being said Fabregas seems to be better when he plays a bit deeper than the number 10 position so a return to 4-3-3 of the first Mourinho era with Matic (being a more dynamic Makelele) and a raiding box to box midfielder behind him would suit him best.

Pedro would be best on the left wing but Hazard is already there. I can imagine him and Eden switching positions along with Oscar often like the Three Amigos have done when Mata was there. He should come in as a midfielder priced at 9.0.

EDIT: Coincidentally it was 10 years ago today when Essien signed.
Last edited by math! on 19 Aug 2015, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I wonder if Newcastle signed Rémy, would Armstrong be able to extend his loan.
Not a chance Newcastle would move for him - he's 28! Armstrong should be safe either way tbh, there's Perez/Riviere still at the club as backup to our 'stella' strikeforce. :|

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

MIDFIELDER PLEASE!!!!
If he is added to FPL as striker, I'll cancel my team :x

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Crooker wrote:Have you seen him play? x)
Many times for Fiorentina and Colombia, you? I guess not, seeing you might have only followed him at Chelsea ;)

P00man
Cheetah
FS Record: 2006/07 1682 286032
2007/08 1717 723208
2008/09 1893 107506
2009/10 2159 119260
2010/11 1754 812164
2011/12 1936 316552
2012/13 1926 450051
2013/14 2291 93026
2014/15 2126 35442

Post by P00man »

From4corners wrote:
Many times for Fiorentina and Colombia, you? I guess not, seeing you might have only followed him at Chelsea ;)
I don't recall too many fantasy points going for International performances :wink:

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

From4corners wrote:
Saw him at the WC of course. I've also seen Mo Salah look very good for Fiorentina and Egypt....

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Does seem that Chelsea is the graveyard of midfeild talent.

Players perform at their previous club, look average at Chelsea, move on and then show their talents again.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Would expect him to partner Costa upfront. Mourinho might want to change his tactics after a dire start to the league. Costa is not able to lead the line on his own in his current form.

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

He'll be put in on the right as part of the attacking three behind Costa.

Willian, while puts in a shift, just doesn't have the attacking threat needed. Too much getting to the edge of the box, stopping and waiting for someone to pass it to. We need that directness that Pedro will bring and hopefully takes some of the pressure off of Hazard.

In terms of Ivanovic, I hope Azpilicueta finally gets his chance there and along with Baba on the left, we finally get some natural width from both full backs.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Why do I feel like this is just a repeat of the thread about Cuadrado last season. I told everyone that there was no way he would get the position from Willian and was scoffed at. This is no different. Bit part player when Mourinho needs to try something else. Willian is as nailed on as Hazard at the moment. He isn't a fantasy asset but he is a very important cog in the wheel. If this actually does happen and isn't the typical rumor mill, stay away no matter what the price until he starts 3-4 matches in a row. Don't do it to yourselves.

Sugnid
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sugnid »

ctibbits wrote:Why do I feel like this is just a repeat of the thread about Cuadrado last season. I told everyone that there was no way he would get the position from Willian and was scoffed at. This is no different. Bit part player when Mourinho needs to try something else. Willian is as nailed on as Hazard at the moment. He isn't a fantasy asset but he is a very important cog in the wheel. If this actually does happen and isn't the typical rumor mill, stay away no matter what the price until he starts 3-4 matches in a row. Don't do it to yourselves.
No way will Pedro be a bit part player.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Sugnid wrote:
ctibbits wrote:Why do I feel like this is just a repeat of the thread about Cuadrado last season. I told everyone that there was no way he would get the position from Willian and was scoffed at. This is no different. Bit part player when Mourinho needs to try something else. Willian is as nailed on as Hazard at the moment. He isn't a fantasy asset but he is a very important cog in the wheel. If this actually does happen and isn't the typical rumor mill, stay away no matter what the price until he starts 3-4 matches in a row. Don't do it to yourselves.
Yeah, he's light years ahead of Willian as a footballer.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Le Red wrote:
Sugnid wrote:
As I said, go find the Cuadrado thread again and read how he was going to go straight in to the team, how Willian was the weakest part of the Mf etc. I am not saying Pedro is not a better and more threatening "attacking" footballer. But so is Cuadrado. Mourinho demands certain things from his players and if they don't give it they don't play. Mata anyone? If Chelsea were to sign Pogba would you lot try to say he is going to take Matic's spot because he is light years ahead of him as a footballer too?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Willian is ridiculously underrated

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

The Toon Man wrote:Willian is ridiculously underrated
I don't know, I thought that my humps song was pretty awful, and he often just lazily samples quite famous songs.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

With Otamendi and Pedro, Utd's biggest targets for weeks going to 2 of their biggest rivals, the race must be on to see which club can snatch Mané away too.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

:lol:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Willian is ridiculously underrated
I don't know, I thought that my humps song was pretty awful, and he often just lazily samples quite famous songs.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

liquidfootball2 wrote:With Otamendi and Pedro, Utd's biggest targets for weeks going to 2 of their biggest rivals, the race must be on to see which club can snatch Mané away too.
Liverpool anyone?

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

ctibbits wrote:
Le Red wrote:
Sugnid wrote:
As I said, go find the Cuadrado thread again and read how he was going to go straight in to the team, how Willian was the weakest part of the Mf etc. I am not saying Pedro is not a better and more threatening "attacking" footballer. But so is Cuadrado. Mourinho demands certain things from his players and if they don't give it they don't play. Mata anyone? If Chelsea were to sign Pogba would you lot try to say he is going to take Matic's spot because he is light years ahead of him as a footballer too?
I'm with you.

Plus, Pedro has never been a regular starter anywhere. His scoring record in the last 4 years, even for an impact sub, has been mediocre. A goal every 230 min, playing for Barca. Not convinced. Anything above 8.5 would be ludicrous.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”