To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by blahblah »

Well the lad can't do everything :shock:

In an attempt to be serious :shock: most teams have an unnoticed solidish player who doesn't get noticed\rated. When he is noticed (obviously except for claims that he is total pants) then the rest are playing pants. This is all that has happened here: as no\few other Chelsea outfield players have been close to their former shadows?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

blahblah wrote:Well the lad can't do everything :shock:

In an attempt to be serious :shock: most teams have an unnoticed solidish player who doesn't get noticed\rated. When he is noticed (obviously except for claims that he is total pants) then the rest are playing pants. This is all that has happened here: as no\few other Chelsea outfield players have been close to their former shadows?
I have been serious this entire discussion.

There's a difference between being noticed and being rated.

Willian has often been rated because he knows how to defend.

Willian often goes unnoticed because he rarely contributes in attack.

I respect your opinion and that of others, however you won't change my mind here.

I'm not saying Willian is pants, but he 100% does not contribute enough at all going forward considering the position he plays.

Had it not been for a few fortunate attacking returns we wouldn't even be seeing his name mentioned in this forum.

Also, if he was that good, Chelsea wouldn't have blown so much money and gone through so many other players in an attempt to fill that same role. Not to mention Pedro's recent arrival.

Fact is he's nothing more than a squad player, and I personally think he's overrated and blurring some people's judgement due to some recent uncharacteristic attacking returns.

I'm sick of talking about the guy now. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I think we are actually agreeing :lol:

Every XI needs a worst player: he is good enough to be the worst and the Club succeed. The trouble is that the rest have fallen below his standard.

I apologise for bringing his name up, but my point was a slight on the rest rather than in praise of him. 8-)

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Pedro yellow flagged (Knock - 75% chance of playing) and probably gonna drop to 9.1 this week.
Glad I got off that train a couple of stops back 8-)

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

People still have pedro ? :lol:

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Currently owned by quite a few - 6.2% which is approximately 218,313 people out of 3,527,196

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

djskope wrote:Currently owned by quite a few - 6.2% which is approximately 218,313 people out of 3,527,196
That would have been all the Chelsea supporters who jumped on him immediately after his first match, then immediately quit the whole game of fpl after his second.

Hence they never returned to transfer him out. :P

I swear my stoner dog and I should get a bunch of friends together, buy a retro combi van, and travel the country solving mysteries.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
djskope wrote:Currently owned by quite a few - 6.2% which is approximately 218,313 people out of 3,527,196
That would have been all the Chelsea supporters who jumped on him immediately after his first match, then immediately quit the whole game of fpl after his second.

Hence they never returned to transfer him out. :P

I swear my stoner dog and I should get a bunch of friends together, buy a retro combi van, and travel the country solving mysteries.
Without the bespectacled girl then I presume? She was the one who came up with all the logical solutions.

I suspect people haven't moved him on waiting for the easy Chelsea fixtures to pan out. I suspect his figures will go on dramatically falling this week.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Out tomorrow injured I see. If some did have him still I suspect they will start the dump

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Well I only got rid of him a few days ago. Complete nightmare of a transfer!

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Mav3rick wrote:Well I only got rid of him a few days ago. Complete nightmare of a transfer!
Even though I abandoned ship on 03/10 at 9.4m I'm still screwing plus I missed Mane's 39 point purple patch :x
The hit in, subsequent lack of points or financial returns, then a hit out after -0.1 to get him out really put a dent in my season start. A ludicrous half a mill transfers in and not even a sniff of a price rise. Disaster. :roll:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

djskope wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Well I only got rid of him a few days ago. Complete nightmare of a transfer!
Even though I abandoned ship on 03/10 at 9.4m I'm still screwing plus I missed Mane's 39 point purple patch :x
The hit in, subsequent lack of points or financial returns, then a hit out after -0.1 to get him out really put a dent in my season start. A ludicrous half a mill transfers in and not even a sniff of a price rise. Disaster. :roll:
Yeah, well I didn't suffer getting him in, but I lost 0.3 value and a points hit to get rid of Pedro, plus I missed all Payet's points and price rises in the meantime. Worst transfer I've made in a long time, although I knew I had to get rid of him all the other injuries kept on taking priority. With hindsight, I should have just taken the -4 weeks ago.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

But at least I am still "clueless" about him and Willian :roll:

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Willian isn't a bad player, it's a shame he plays under Mourinho to be honest (which I also happen to think of Hazard, Oscar, formerly KDB etc.).. Was a good attacking player with a lot of flair and penetrative skill in addition to great workrate

Under a different Manager I think his attacking instincts would have been nurtured a bit better, and he would be a lot more than he is now, which seems to be a more technically proficient version of James MIlner.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

ctibbits wrote:But at least I am still "clueless" about him and Willian :roll:
Are you talking about this comment? :D
ctibbits wrote:I think the sub of Willian when down to 10 men was very telling. Needing to hold on to the lead, Jose makes that decision. Although I cant understand it and think it was the wrong choice it has convinced me that Pedro is untouchable in the lineup.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Looks like he's going to drop again tonight to 9.0.

His price is completely collapsing and at this rate he will actually be a good option as and when Chelsea turn their form around.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

More bitch-slaps please :lol: :shock: :lol:

Nah, if he wins his place back, is almost nailed and Chelsea find form I would consider a re-buy at 8.8. I might have to wait a bit for that :)

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Pedro & Chelsea need to find a free evening sans Mourinho and go seek a voodoo/witch-doctor to remove the evil eye cast on them and restore their mojo...
Maybe just check if Mourinho himself shows a reflection in a mirror...

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Ironfist wrote:Pedro & Chelsea need to find a free evening sans Mourinho and go seek a voodoo/witch-doctor to remove the evil eye cast on them and restore their mojo...
Well, it seemed to work for Ayew :!:

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
ctibbits wrote:But at least I am still "clueless" about him and Willian :roll:
Are you talking about this comment? :D
ctibbits wrote:I think the sub of Willian when down to 10 men was very telling. Needing to hold on to the lead, Jose makes that decision. Although I cant understand it and think it was the wrong choice it has convinced me that Pedro is untouchable in the lineup.

:lol: haha, no I was actually referring to another calling me clueless for saying Willian was better than Pedro and wouldn't lose his spot to him. Unfortunately I was convinced that I was incorrect in that statement when Jose made that substitution. Alas I should've just stuck with my initial thoughts. Point being Pedro is awful and has single handedly turned the title winning side into rubbish :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Half way toward yet another drop, although I guess if he plays tomorrow his flag will be removed and his NTO reset so he might avoid that particular drop for a little while at least.

At what price point (assuming he's guaranteed to start) would you be interested again? 8.5?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I will start to look at Chelsea players when Mourinho gets the sack. Too many people are assuming they'll just pick up form at anytime but it's pretty evident there's something very wrong in the club this season and it's fair to assume Mourinho has a big slice of the fault.
Mourinho and Costa are very similar this season. Both brought their controversial personalities to the pitch but forgot their quality in a drawer.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Pedro due to drop to 8.9 tomorrow? :shock:
I disembarked at 9.4 8-)

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Took a while, but 8.9 it is.. almost ready to re-buy :lol:

Dragon!Mullet
Treebeard

Post by Dragon!Mullet »

Sorry, you spelled Willian wrong :D

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

djskope wrote:More bitch-slaps please :lol: :shock: :lol:

Nah, if he wins his place back, is almost nailed and Chelsea find form I would consider a re-buy at 8.8. I might have to wait a bit for that :)
Well, it's been a while - 9.5 to 8.8!
After watching those clinical finishes this weekend, it might be time to take a risk again. OOP and decent fixes ahead.
Drunken rage Valentines wildcard is now in play so maybe Sanchez :arrow: Pedro this week!

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

The real Pedro showed up. I think he's value at his current price but one must wonder if Willian isn't even better. Also, they're playing the league with no pressure on their shoulders, I think we can expect more flair attacking football for the remainder of the season, making a Chelsea trio a good punt.
I'm waiting to see if they'll play in GW30 before I make a move. If so, I'm getting Costa and one out of Pedro/Willian.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm not sure Pedro is first choice - I doubt he'd have started last game if Oscar wasn't injured tbh.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Stemania wrote:I'm not sure Pedro is first choice - I doubt he'd have started last game if Oscar wasn't injured tbh.
I see no reason to drop him when he's doing what he knows. Specially when Hazard seems to be one foot out off the exit door.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Stemania wrote:I'm not sure Pedro is first choice - I doubt he'd have started last game if Oscar wasn't injured tbh.
Thanks Le Red and Stemania.. I think Pedro will get another start against SOU after bagging a brace?
I compared Pedro with Willian, Eriksen (and Coutinho) and they all have very good underlying stats, slightly distorted by their recent hauls. Coutinho is out of the running because of the blank for this GW. So will wait towards the end of the week, even though Willian is due to rise (7.1) tomorrow night.

Having said all that, Eriksen has been the most consistent recently, scoring highly since mid-Jan (a fortnight after I sold him!)

Something bull-headed about me wants to make this Pedro punt work, perhaps as payback for earlier in the season - and I feel he *may* get on a run and be a great 2.1% differential.

But after this quick research, and the gametime threat if he doesn't score again fairly quickly, I think I might now have to plump for Eriksen (again) - or even stick with Sanchez, who must explode at some point!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”