To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
fredtered
Wideboy

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by fredtered »

Busted flush, Pedro. indeed, the only flush that could even be associated with him is lavatorial Image

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

>>I like Cazorla but he is playing too deep for my taste and Walcott could be dropped for Giroud any time, any place

Agreed.. Still, maybe Ozil will be getting on a good run now after a good GW.. kind of overdue and a nice price after previous droppage..

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I might consider Ozil, you're right he could be a high quality differential to Payet.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

FFSPedro is looking like being due another drop tomorrow.

The timing is terrible with all the other injuries but can a hit be justified to get rid of him?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I didn't buy Pedro, but those who did really got screwed over by the (lack of) price changes. He should simply be back to his SP now, rather than having lost them money.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Mav3rick wrote:FFSPedro is looking like being due another drop tomorrow.

The timing is terrible with all the other injuries but can a hit be justified to get rid of him?
I'd hold onto him for AV Mav.

I'm not 100% certain he'll play as Willian has been in excellent form, but you'd think this is the match Mourinho will want his big names to play and hopefully kick start a run of form.

If he does play, I think there's every chance he'll get some points, and if that happens I think there'll be enough casuals who'll jump on, hopefully sparking a price rise to get some funds back that you lost.

Worse case scenario is you make an immediate transfer after this deadline if he doesn't play, and remain bitter over all Chelsea assets for the rest of the season like me. ;)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

FPLS seem to have revised his numbers down a bit today, but he's still around 94% to a drop. It may be that he survives tonight and then drops tomorrow, but as you have already said NoEyeDeer, I can't really see a good reason (or even a good option) to transfer him out to.

It's looking like saving a 0.1 loss or taking the chance of a good score and then him regaining some value. I'm not that confident, but Pedro :arrow: Mata looks good to me in a weeks time so I can just push it through before his next drop. The option is to take a -4 probably for someone like Payet, which had been my planned (free) transfer before all these Aguero issues. I can't see that a -4 to have a more similar team to everyone else is a great play right now (it's a guaranteed loss really) so I think I'll stick with Pedro, hope and move him on next week with a longer term strategy in mind.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Not impressed by Pedro at all I think the league is too physical for him,he joins a long line of similarly disappointing Chelsea signings in that position .... Salah, Cuadrado and Schurle all failed to impress consistently and Pedro will go the same way for sure.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

reddevil 99 wrote:Not impressed by Pedro at all I think the league is too physical for him,he joins a long line of similarly disappointing Chelsea signings in that position .... Salah, Cuadrado and Schurle all failed to impress consistently and Pedro will go the same way for sure.
Salah and Cuadrado were barely given chances to play. And Schürrle scored a good amount of goals when he was given minutes, but despite of that he was never given a decent run in the first team. I feel that EPL fans often blame the player instead of the manager who keeps them locked in a cage.
In most of these cases, the players are given some cameos and the odd start, and if they don't set the world alight, then they "didn't take their chances".
How many games Pedro played in the Premier League again? Apparently, enough games for people to judge him as "unfit for EPL", and pretty soon "shite" and "laughing stock". Enough games for that dement clown to deem him bench material. Way to treat a technically gifted Barcelona star.
On the other hand, there are players who can be consistently bad for years, but since they are nailed on for so long, people accept it, like that hole in the road everyone has gotten used to dodge, so no one complains about it anymore. Long story short, if the manager trusts a bad player, he's ok, but if the manager despises and makes bad use of a good player, it's the player's fault and not the other way around.
Just to make it clear, I'm not having a go at you, reddevil 99, but I'm kinda of tired to see this kind of "failed to impress" comments about players who were never given a real chance to impress. In Brazil, our football culture is inclined to put the blame on the manager first, whereas in England the manager is seen as an authority figure who deserves the utmost respect, therefore, the players get far more stick than due. Just my two pence.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Didn't they have a misfit called De Bruyne at some point too...

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Le Red wrote:
reddevil 99 wrote:Not impressed by Pedro at all I think the league is too physical for him,he joins a long line of similarly disappointing Chelsea signings in that position .... Salah, Cuadrado and Schurle all failed to impress consistently and Pedro will go the same way for sure.
Salah and Cuadrado were barely given chances to play. And Schürrle scored a good amount of goals when he was given minutes, but despite of that he was never given a decent run in the first team. I feel that EPL fans often blame the player instead of the manager who keeps them locked in a cage.
In most of these cases, the players are given some cameos and the odd start, and if they don't set the world alight, then they "didn't take their chances".
How many games Pedro played in the Premier League again? Apparently, enough games for people to judge him as "unfit for EPL", and pretty soon "shite" and "laughing stock". Enough games for that dement clown to deem him bench material. Way to treat a technically gifted Barcelona star.
On the other hand, there are players who can be consistently bad for years, but since they are nailed on for so long, people accept it, like that hole in the road everyone has gotten used to dodge, so no one complains about it anymore. Long story short, if the manager trusts a bad player, he's ok, but if the manager despises and makes bad use of a good player, it's the player's fault and not the other way around.
Just to make it clear, I'm not having a go at you, reddevil 99, but I'm kinda of tired to see this kind of "failed to impress" comments about players who were never given a real chance to impress. In Brazil, our football culture is inclined to put the blame on the manager first, whereas in England the manager is seen as an authority figure who deserves the utmost respect, therefore, the players get far more stick than due. Just my two pence.
Some good points here ,time will tell if Pedro proves me wrong I suppose.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Going to take him out for Hazard this week for a hit.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Got to say, it was only a matter of minutes ago that Pedro was looking very dangerous against Arsenal. By all means, ship him out of your FPL teams, but the idea that the verdict is in on him as a premiership player is a little wild.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

eastcentral1 wrote:Got to say, it was only a matter of minutes ago that Pedro was looking very dangerous against Arsenal. By all means, ship him out of your FPL teams, but the idea that the verdict is in on him as a premiership player is a little wild.
I don't think he looked dangerous against Arsenal at all. I agree though its too early to be writing him off but he's not a guaranteed starter at the moment which means he can't really be relied upon for FPL purposes.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Le Red wrote:
This.
Bertie64 wrote:Didn't they have a misfit called De Bruyne at some point too...
And this.
eastcentral1 wrote:Got to say, it was only a matter of minutes ago that Pedro was looking very dangerous against Arsenal. By all means, ship him out of your FPL teams, but the idea that the verdict is in on him as a premiership player is a little wild.
And this.

I'm fairly sure I mentioned all these same points regarding Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle and KDB earlier in this thread. Funnily enough it's the one player in Willian who did get an extended run and never really impressed who is now all of a sudden their most potent attacking player.

Way too early to be writing Pedro off in an under performing team, but the big question is has Mourinho written him off already like he did to the many talented players before him.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Funnily enough it's the one player in Willian who did get an extended run and never really impressed who is now all of a sudden their most potent attacking player.

I think that you're being a tad harsh, but he is the only Chelsea midfielder I would consider. It says a lot that his free kicks from the left seems to have been their main threat recently.

But will Jose keep picking him?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

blahblah wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:Funnily enough it's the one player in Willian who did get an extended run and never really impressed who is now all of a sudden their most potent attacking player.

I think that you're being a tad harsh, but he is the only Chelsea midfielder I would consider. It says a lot that his free kicks from the left seems to have been their main threat recently.

Harsh about what? It's common knowledge that he has done very little in attack since joining Chelsea prior to this season. The main reason he was never a nailed on regular.

Had it not been for his defensive work rate, I can almost guarantee he would have followed in the footsteps of Salah, Cuadrado and Schurle.

It may be harsh, but sometimes the truth is. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And KdB? He also booted Joe Cole out for the same reason, but then he was over-rated imho with the odd wild goal like the one for England wallpapering over general ineptitude etc.

I did say tad, and while not an ardent student of Chelsea I thought he was OK for them in the past. They didn't really need the attacking stuff with the likes of Hazard and Oscar firing?

Hey ho back to the present. Maybe Jose will move him to LB and put Dave on the right?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

blahblah wrote:And KdB? He also booted Joe Cole out for the same reason, but then he was over-rated imho with the odd wild goal like the one for England wallpapering over general ineptitude etc.

I did say tad, and while not an ardent student of Chelsea I thought he was OK for them in the past. They didn't really need the attacking stuff with the likes of Hazard and Oscar firing?

Hey ho back to the present. Maybe Jose will move him to LB and put Dave on the right?
No offense buddy, but I think it's fairly obvious you're not an ardent student of Chelsea. :lol: :wink:

I'll leave you with this advice. Don't consider Willian at all for your team. You're being suckered into thinking he's a potential gem due to being the only player in two under performing teams to do anything atm.

His returns won't last with any consistency, and if anything, it will be the Hazard's and Costa's around him that eventually emerge as Willian fades back into obscurity. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Indeed, as above (It says a lot that his free kicks from the left seems to have been their main threat recently.) that is my point. It was a polite way of saying what are Hazard, Oscar, Fab, Pedro playing at, but it isn't football as they knew it.

But then I have brought in Costa for Aquerro, as a risky differential (6.5%) and hopefully cash cow. Just typing the name of Chelsea's main forward as and the words risky differential seems so very wrong, which makes it seem so right.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

blahblah wrote:Indeed, as above (It says a lot that his free kicks from the left seems to have been their main threat recently.) that is my point. It was a polite way of saying what are Hazard, Oscar, Fab, Pedro playing at, but it isn't football as they knew it.

But then I have brought in Costa for Aquerro, as a risky differential (6.5%) and hopefully cash cow. Just typing the name of Chelsea's main forward as and the words risky differential seems so very wrong, which makes it seem so right.
Are you talking about his free kick that accidently sailed into the top corner? :wink:

If there was ever going to be a match they had to win, and use as a catalyst to boost their confidence and form, then you'd think this gw is it!

I think Costa this gw could be a great move with a huge pay off. There's also the danger that AV are that poor that he smashes it for just one match, leading you into a false sense of security, and holding onto him whilst he reverts back to his pre AV form.

I hope the positive outcome comes through for you. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There was more than one such free kick? :lol: :lol:

I'd settle for the one big GW then jack, as it will up his price and I can cut and run* before going back to Aquerro 8-)

Was he that bad before, or was it the pub team behind him not creating chances? :wink:

* :idea: I could use that Forward spot to hop to suitable forwards playing AV, Sun or Newcastle until Aquerro returns 8-) 8-)

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

blahblah wrote:There was more than one such free kick? :lol: :lol:
Two more actually. :mrgreen:

And one he might have intended, as well.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Well Pedro dropped last night but the 0.1 is the least of my worries really. If he does get benched and if Sanchez and Mahrez follow suit, this could be a week of absolute carnage.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Not that they have any information that we don't, but FFS don't have him starting tomorrow.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
blahblah wrote:

Harsh about what? It's common knowledge that he has done very little in attack since joining Chelsea prior to this season. The main reason he was never a nailed on regular.

Had it not been for his defensive work rate, I can almost guarantee he would have followed in the footsteps of Salah, Cuadrado and Schurle.

It may be harsh, but sometimes the truth is. :wink:
True Willian has not done much in attack since joining Chelsea but there is so much more to his game. For FPL purposes that is one thing but don't ever slight the player for what he provides in real terms. Matic does eff all in attack also. Pretty sure if you look through the start of this thread you will see me saying Pedro would be the next Cuadrado and Willian would not lose his place and some effing twit calling me clueless.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

ctibbits wrote: True Willian has not done much in attack since joining Chelsea but there is so much more to his game. For FPL purposes that is one thing but don't ever slight the player for what he provides in real terms. Matic does eff all in attack also. Pretty sure if you look through the start of this thread you will see me saying Pedro would be the next Cuadrado and Willian would not lose his place and some effing twit calling me clueless.
I'm just giving an honest opinion.

I hinted at the other qualities Willian brings to the squad, but the simple truth is he should have been contributing a lot more in attack than he has, playing in the positions he was in.

I don't see how your Matic comparison is even relevant? His position in the team is one of the central defensive mid, relied upon to break up the oppositions play and distribute the ball to his attackers. Admittedly one of the best in the world at doing so. Hence I think his attacking contributions have been very much in line with what could be expected from someone in his role.

Sorry, but I don't think the same can be said for Willian.

I think it's fair to say that his attacking short comings could be overlooked in seasons past because Chelsea had such a solid defence, conceded very few goals, and had players like Hazard, Lampard and Drogba that only needed half a sniff at the other end to get on the score sheet.

This season has been a different story, and when a once reliable defence and attacking reliables go missing, everyone is under scrutiny that little bit more.

Willian has been ok so far this season, but has his new found attacking contribution been at the expense of his defensive duties? Can he become the complete footballer that position asks of him and find that balance between attacking and defensive contribution?

These are legitimate questions that have been asked of him for many seasons now, and not just an unwarranted slight on him as a player. I'm sure these are questions Mourinho himself has asked, hence Willian was never a nailed on starter, and first to lose that spot in the team when Pedro arrived.

My opinion is this purple patch will pass, and the old Willian will return. For your sake and that of other Chelsea supporters, hopefully this coincides with the rest of your team returning to normal.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

thesilkworm wrote:Not that they have any information that we don't, but FFS don't have him starting tomorrow.
They had him starting last week when he was benched. I think they are just guessing and like the rest of us are assuming that Willian will hold his place.

Luckily they play today so I can sell my worst decision of the season today if necessary to avoid further falls.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

NoEyeDeer wrote: Willian has been ok so far this season, but has his new found attacking contribution been at the expense of his defensive duties?
I'm not sure how a handful of free kicks effects general play :wink:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

blahblah wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote: Willian has been ok so far this season, but has his new found attacking contribution been at the expense of his defensive duties?
I'm not sure how a handful of free kicks effects general play :wink:
Well in that case his general play must be much worse this season, as he was known for his contributions to the teams defensive resolve, and we all know how well that's been going this season. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”