To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pedro - Chelsea

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Pedro - Chelsea

Post by Mav3rick »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pedro dropped, but that's because he's in my team!

The last couple of games I've seen he's not played well so he could be given a rest. I'd not get rid of him (if you have him) or buy him (if you don't) right now, pretty much an as you were situation for now. If he does get dropped then at least there are options now with Mata and even Walcott on my radar as premium options to bring in.

FFS seem to think he's pretty safe though.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

ctibbits wrote:I can absolutely see him being dropped.
Argh.. put doubt in my mind :? Maybe I should cancel my All Out Attack chip??? But I think he's due to score and has looked quite skillful and dynamic in some spots I've seen..

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

Mav3rick wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Pedro dropped, but that's because he's in my team!

The last couple of games I've seen he's not played well so he could be given a rest. I'd not get rid of him (if you have him) or buy him (if you don't) right now, pretty much an as you were situation for now. If he does get dropped then at least there are options now with Mata and even Walcott on my radar as premium options to bring in.

FFS seem to think he's pretty safe though.
Yes I have him and have Ayew as replacement on my bench now. I was planning on bringing in Mata for him down the road but not now for a -4. At this point its anyones guess what Jose would do. I do think Hazard will start though.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

djskope wrote:
ctibbits wrote:I can absolutely see him being dropped.
Argh.. put doubt in my mind :? Maybe I should cancel my All Out Attack chip??? But I think he's due to score and has looked quite skillful and dynamic in some spots I've seen..
I wish I could agree and say I've seen something skillful or dynamic from him but I haven't. Seen him fail to hit the target from about 10 yards out though!

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

All speculation. Who knows?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

And... He dropped in price last night, which was a big surprise to me as I didn't think he was anywhere near.

It's just irritating rather than too costly as you can still replace him with pretty much anyone, but after all those days without a rise....

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Pedro?? 9.4?? Arr.. that's wormwood! I smell the fetid forces of witchery at work!

Cancelling AoA and benching as, (even more) insult to injury, he probably won't start as well!
Please stop the bitch-slaps LoL.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I wouldn't bench him, play him but be ready to get rid if he starts dropping like a stone.

He does probably need a goal to stop the rot.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

<Shhhh! - I'm not really benching him or stopping my AoA - just trying to bluff fate into giving him a nice fat haul > :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I don't own him, so it's probably easy to say as a neutral, but it seems a bit risky to me to be selling him ahead of two home games? Don't get me wrong, I haven't been particularly impressed, but there's a decent chance it comes back to bite you in the ass.

I wouldn't be looking to bring him in, but if I already had him I don't think I'd be looking to sell either.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

djskope wrote:<Shhhh! - I'm not really benching him or stopping my AoA - just trying to bluff fate into giving him a nice fat haul > :)

I'd play Whittaker. LEI have a terrible defence, and he could pop up with a goal. More chance of attacking returns then Souare, and same chance of a CS imo.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

He's got 2 weeks for me, then he makes way for Sanchez.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

NoEyeDeer wrote:I'd play Whittaker. LEI have a terrible defence, and he could pop up with a goal. More chance of attacking returns then Souare, and same chance of a CS imo.
Thanks for the feedback NoEyeDeer.. just had a quick look at the clean sheet odds thread

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=117191&p=2777704&h ... s#p2777704

and worked out the probabilities of clean sheets for the contenders..

WBA - Evans = 32%
CRY - Souare = 31%
NOR - Whittaker = 25%

Along with these figures, Norwich have not kept a clean sheet all season(?). Plus I think Souare offers a slightly better attacking threat out of all of them (3 crosses per game Av.) so I'm gonna stick with him. Cheers anyway!

*Sorry for going slightly OT!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Before the game today clouds everyone's thoughts, what is the position on Pedro right now?

At 9.4 he could easily come out for Mata, although with a longer term view on upgrading Vardy, a switch to Payet or Mane would allow a lot of options. The next game is AVL so really you'd probably want to hold for that anyway wouldn't you, although price rises might come into thinking with what I would assume could be perhaps a 0.3 swing if Pedro fails again and you could jump on some other bandwagon.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

I have a front 8 which is too strong so looking to downgrade a mid and if Pedro doesn't get anything week I will get rid before his next inevitable drop.

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

Mav3rick wrote:Before the game today clouds everyone's thoughts, what is the position on Pedro right now?

At 9.4 he could easily come out for Mata, although with a longer term view on upgrading Vardy, a switch to Payet or Mane would allow a lot of options. The next game is AVL so really you'd probably want to hold for that anyway wouldn't you, although price rises might come into thinking with what I would assume could be perhaps a 0.3 swing if Pedro fails again and you could jump on some other bandwagon.
With the unexpected price drop I have only 0.1 left to bring Mata and Mane in the team. And now that he is benched it will depend on a productive sub from Pedro to hold off further drops. In the end my gut feeling was right but I didnt feel like taking a -4.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

djskope wrote:<Shhhh! - I'm not really benching him or stopping my AoA - just trying to bluff fate into giving him a nice fat haul > :)
..seems that Fate reads these forums as well - ended up double-bluffing me :lol:

I still think he's a handy player who will eventually get more goals, but with the new game-time risk it's Adios Pedro, Hello Mane :wink:

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

djskope wrote:
..seems that Fate reads these forums as well - ended up double-bluffing me :lol:

I still think he's a handy player who will eventually get more goals, but with the new game-time risk it's Adios Pedro, Hello Mane :wink:
I don't think there's any real game-time risk, I think he was rotated out just like Hazard was in the previous game. If he has a good game against Villa I think he's as nailed on as anybody.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Monsignor wrote:
djskope wrote:

I don't think there's any real game-time risk, I think he was rotated out just like Hazard was in the previous game. If he has a good game against Villa I think he's as nailed on as anybody.
But he wont have a good game. He looked absolutely terrible again today! Everyone is blinded by what he did elsewhere and his two very fortunate deflections in his first game. Very much proving to be another flop that could handle life elsewhere but not the EPL. Besides it seems to be madness to have any Chelsea assets at this point. Worth a 4pt hit just to get them off your team!

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

ctibbits wrote:Everyone is blinded by what he did elsewhere and his two very fortunate deflections in his first game. !
Err no people were impressed by the buildup play, particularly the double team with Hazard.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

At some point, Chelsea will do what Aguero has done today. They are certainly capable. They will decimate some unfortunate team or two and Pedro plus Costa will become "football gods" once more. Just like with Aguero, it's the daunting price tag and the problems it will cause getting Pedro back in, when the funds have been spread evenly on Manes, Cabayes and Redmonds.

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

I feel sorry for the people hanging on to Hazard but (as a Chelseafan) there is some thing wrong with this team this year. Just note that the strikers are getting no service at all and note how the last few goals have been scored. This aint the same scenario as Arsenal and Man City but than again to each his own.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Monsignor wrote:I don't think there's any real game-time risk, I think he was rotated out just like Hazard was in the previous game. If he has a good game against Villa I think he's as nailed on as anybody.
I've taken more than my fair share of bitch-slaps for Pedro thanks :)

Here's another eight good reasons..

1. Mane is nailed
2. Pedro is nowhere near nailed
3. I rate Mane and he is on fire
4. I rate Pedro but he's blowing hot and cold
5. Mane's gonna rise +0.1 in the next 24 hours - maybe more over the next 2 weeks
6. Pedro's gonna fall -0.1 (again) in the next 24 hours - maybe more over the next 2 weeks
7. I'm an immediate 0.2 mil better off in terms of team value
8. I just freed up 1.6 million smackers to strengthen the rest of my team
Last edited by djskope on 04 Oct 2015, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Someone's banging someone's missus.

That's always the underlying problem. :P

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Someone's banging someone's missus.

Maybe that's what's up with Pedro, maybe JT has prima nocte rights written into all new singings contracts?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Mav3rick wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:Someone's banging someone's missus.
Maybe that's what's up with Pedro, maybe JT has prima nocte rights written into all new singings contracts?
:lol:
JT Prima Nocte.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Mav3rick wrote:Maybe that's what's up with Pedro, maybe JT has prima nocte rights written into all new singings contracts?
I thought that was what Simon Cowell arranged for the more attractive X-Factor contestants. :P

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

djskope wrote:
Monsignor wrote:I don't think there's any real game-time risk, I think he was rotated out just like Hazard was in the previous game. If he has a good game against Villa I think he's as nailed on as anybody.
I've taken more than my fair share of bitch-slaps for Pedro thanks :)

Here's another eight good reasons..

1. Mane is nailed
2. Pedro is nowhere near nailed
3. I rate Mane and he is on fire
4. I rate Pedro but he's blowing hot and cold
5. Mane's gonna rise +0.1 in the next 24 hours - maybe more over the next 2 weeks
6. Pedro's gonna fall -0.1 (again) in the next 24 hours - maybe more over the next 2 weeks
7. I'm an immediate 0.2 mil better off in terms of team value
8. I just freed up 1.6 million smackers to strengthen the rest of my team
You've convinced me, I'm doing Pedro :arrow: Mane :shock:

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Monsignor wrote:You've convinced me, I'm doing Pedro :arrow: Mane :shock:
Hope it works out for us! :wink:

I personally had to jump last night and do another crazy double transfer mainly not to miss out on the imminent +0.1s and avoid the Pedro drop..

Pedro :arrow: Mane
Silva :arrow: KDB (stronger, assister plus shooter, + rising faster)

N.B. I was also tempted by the now bargain-priced Cazorla or Walcott and Ozil as Arsenal's fixtures look pretty good coming up, (Cazorla's underlying stats are very good - explosion? Walcott - goals but rotation risk?) so they might also be worth considering before you click 'Submit'. Although I think Mane is just as good and have now accumulated enough dosh ITB to chop and change between them from week to week with a FT if I like - at least that's the plan 8-)

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

djskope wrote:
Monsignor wrote:You've convinced me, I'm doing Pedro :arrow: Mane :shock:
Hope it works out for us! :wink:

I personally had to jump last night and do another crazy double transfer mainly not to miss out on the imminent +0.1s and avoid the Pedro drop..

Pedro :arrow: Mane
Silva :arrow: KDB (stronger, assister plus shooter, + rising faster)

N.B. I was also tempted by the now bargain-priced Cazorla or Walcott and Ozil as Arsenal's fixtures look pretty good coming up, (Cazorla's underlying stats are very good - explosion? Walcott - goals but rotation risk?) so they might also be worth considering before you click 'Submit'. Although I think Mane is just as good and have now accumulated enough dosh ITB to chop and change between them from week to week with a FT if I like - at least that's the plan 8-)
Already the 0.2 price change in that Pedro :arrow: Mane transfer, hopefully the trend continues.

I haven't been forced into a double this week, I think will hold off barring any injuries on international duty.

I like Cazorla but he is playing too deep for my taste and Walcott could be dropped for Giroud any time, any place. I am staying away for the time being.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”