To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Apps to follow FPL?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Apps to follow FPL?

Post by Richt »

Good evening gentlemen.

Just want to know which mobile phone app you are all using for FPL? I used to use fantasy football buddy, but can not get it on my new phone as it doesn't appear to be in the play store.

I am on an android, what do other Android users use?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Apps to follow FPL?

Post by Stemania »

Differential fpl for me, though it's not fully functioning yet. Match scores inc bonus live update though.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Thanks Stemania.
I've downloaded it, but it's not letting me log in yet. Will persevere.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

It's improved following last night's update - problems with new prem players images - promoted teams players anyway and chips but getting there.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 09 Aug 2015, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

It's saying that it can't find my squad, but I can imagine that's because I am trying to sign in mid gameweek.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

I like Fantasy Football Manager. Also Differential Fpl.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

FFM is basically a mobile friendly version of the official site. Works fine.
Differential FPL is excellent, but not working for me yet. The points page is blank and all the minileagues appear empty.
FF Buddy was great but isn't supported now. I found an APK for it which does work, but lots of the kits are incorrect. Looks funny seeing Rooney in sky blue. FFB had the best 'manage team' screen, with transfers and team selection handled in one place. Never understood why they don't all do this.

Edit: got Differential FPL working after a log out log in.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Sorry to revive such an old thread but on the right subject

FFM app been down for hours for me - anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Looks like they've completely cocked up an update

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Sorry to revive such an old thread but on the right subject

FFM app been down for hours for me - anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Yep can't connect either

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Sorry to revive such an old thread but on the right subject

I've just downloaded their latest update and it works fine now

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Apps to follow FPL?

asm_fanz wrote:

I've just downloaded their latest update and it works fine now
Yes asm appears to be fixed now - wouldn't work (new version) yesterday for me, and had a few replies from others saying broken for them too.

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

Any word on Differential FPL?

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Only one I bother with is Fantasy football fix

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Triggy wrote:Any word on Differential FPL?
Will be gutted to see it disappear next year (as expected). Fantastic app.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Steve Penna tweeted some months ago that the Differential fpl app has been taken off Google play after they adjudicated that it fell foul of their rules on gambling.

This had briefly been the same for the fff app which the authors subsequently successfully appealed.

Ludicrous that differential has still not been reinstated as it's the best app on the market by a country mile.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Stemania wrote:
I've never tried it, how is it better than say, FFM?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

asm_fanz wrote:
Stemania wrote:
I've never tried it, how is it better than say, FFM?
Differential was(/is) by far the best FPL ever, and I've tried quite a few (both free and paid for ones).
Terrible decision twas to eliminate it.
:cry:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I sited the successful appeal to get the fantasy football fix app reinstated on Google play and asked differential fpl's Steve Penna whether he'll appeal against being thrown off Google play for similarly bogus reasons.

Steve has tweeted today that he's not ruling it out (or in!) - so maybe a slight hope it'll be back on Google play for next season.

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

Cheers Liquid - I appreciate you keeping Steve informed so at least he makes a decision for his own reasons rather than seeing it as pointless.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Differential FPL is my go-to app, it's fantastic as long as you understand its limitations (i.e. it's only useful for tracking specific rivals, not entire leagues).
The live scores, bonus point predictions and notifications are excellent.

Would be great if the author could get it back on Google Play, I may need a new phone before next season!

I also have an old copy of Fantasy Football Buddy on my phone. Quite a nice quick way to view minileagues. It references last season's teams when looking at kits though, so half the players are in the wrong shirts.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Disappointing news from Differential FPL app creator Steve Penna he's not updating it this year but is prepared to outsource it if someone else wants to try

Steve tweeted

"I won't be updating it this year. I'm probably going to open-source it to see if anyone else wants to try"

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd expect a lot of the apps will die off if the official app is free. A shame because the extra features like rivals was a nice way to follow people without being in actual leagues with them.

Open source can often be better, at least initially, so we might see a surge of updates and new features this year at least.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Stemania wrote:Differential fpl for me, though it's not fully functioning yet. Match scores inc bonus live update though.

If you mean the one by Steve penna.its dead. Google play banned it for being a gambling app. He said it on his twitter profile that it's finished

Gutted by far the best app

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Disappointing news from Differential FPL app creator Steve Penna he's not updating it this year but is prepared to outsource it if someone else wants to try

Steve tweeted

"I won't be updating it this year. I'm probably going to open-source it to see if anyone else wants to try"
Oh missed this..great news if someone takes over and gets it on play again

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

DAREEL wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Disappointing news from Differential FPL app creator Steve Penna he's not updating it this year but is prepared to outsource it if someone else wants to try

Steve tweeted

It fell foul of Google play's rules on betting apps after they ludicrously adjudicated it to be such an app. Fantasy football fix successfully appealed after their app was similarly banned and as such have set up a precedent for anyone taking it on.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
DAREEL wrote:

Steve tweeted

It fell foul of Google play's rules on betting apps after they ludicrously adjudicated it to be such an app. Fantasy football fix successfully appealed after their app was similarly banned and as such have set up a precedent for anyone taking it on.
I heard that mate. If I find anyone who has taken it over I'll let everyone know. Really is a great app..

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Fantasy Football Manager updated

A few faults with kits in that Swansea players may have Sunderland kit and Spurs have Swansea - but sure it will be corrected shortly.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Fantasy Football Manager updated

A few faults with kits in that Swansea players may have Sunderland kit and Spurs have Swansea - but sure it will be corrected shortly.

This is the one I use currently. Better than the fpl app last season

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

I've decided to just add the bookmark to fpl on my phone. Seems just as easy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

I know Differential FPL did it and so did Fantasy Football Buddy, are there any current apps (official app aside as we haven't seen it yet) that project your score assuming BPS values don't change and even better, are there any that project scores for people in your mini leagues (or even just a followed list like in Differential FPL) based upon their picks and BPS scores?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”