To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mahrez - all aboard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Re: Mahrez - all aboard

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Terry Henry wrote:Already got him :-)
+1

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

If Lens hadn't notched an assist today and didn't have the Norwich fixture next week then i'd probably get him in. Hope to hold off on the transfers this week.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

At the moment the issue for me is that I already have Aguero in my team with Sakho as my enabler. I've opted for a relatively strong midfield of Hazard/Ramsey/Mane/Henderson with a 4.5 bench warmer, so I don't see where Mahrez would fit into my team. I only have 0.5 in the bank so can't upgrade my 4.5 midfielder without a hit. I could possibly downgrade Henderson to Mahrez then upgrade Sakho to Benteke later, but I don't necessarily think that's a better combination without seeing Liverpool first :?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Bringing Mahrez in for anybody you are not sure of selling is knee jerk to the extreme. I'm going to hold off if I can.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Brought him in yesterday to fund Aguero. Ironically even if Ageuro bombs, I'll probably make points overall.

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

Mahrez reminds me of Johnson and Amalfitano 2 seasons ago. 1 good game and people will throw all tactics overboard to get him in. But, when Ulloa returns, Mahrez won't be on penalties any longer. It's 1 game. People should count to 10 and look at the long-term point scorers rather than hopping on the bandwagon at the earliest possibility.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

There's going to be a lot of Ritchie to Mahrez transfers this week.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Yeah maybe but that 0.5m gained isn't going to give you enough to do Rooney to Aguero, unless you have money in the bank, so maybe not :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ezequiel wrote:Mahrez reminds me of Johnson and Amalfitano 2 seasons ago. 1 good game and people will throw all tactics overboard to get him in. But, when Ulloa returns, Mahrez won't be on penalties any longer. It's 1 game. People should count to 10 and look at the long-term point scorers rather than hopping on the bandwagon at the earliest possibility.
So it doesn't remind you of Ramsey, Michu or Downing?

I was very late from those bandwagons. I think there is not much to lose for early bandwagons, at least you can make some money if nothing else.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Finisher1 wrote:

I was very late from those bandwagons. I think there is not much to lose for early bandwagons, at least you can make some money if nothing else.
So who would you sell from your team to get Mahrez?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

RidleyMTB wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

So who would you sell from your team to get Mahrez?
Any non-performing mid that isn't going to rise. It also depends on what Aguero is doing on Monday, so whether or not I want (or have to) bring him in for GW2. Even though Mahrez may well rise before I have that information.

I'm planning for GW5 wildcard so it really isn't a long term decision.

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

If you didn't have him already then surely retaining faith in your selection is the way to go. Getting him in now is purely point chasing if you've prepared thoroughly and that tactic will cost you long term.

Luckily I have him and he's saved my week

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Curwinkle wrote:If you didn't have him already then surely retaining faith in your selection is the way to go. Getting him in now is purely point chasing if you've prepared thoroughly and that tactic will cost you long term.

Luckily I have him and he's saved my week
That is just an incredibly simple view.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

It's people getting over excited about the player that had the best game week score so far and worrying about the price rises, even though we don't know the formula yet.

There is also probably the element of having weeks to tinker with our teams that causes people to do early transfers due to withdrawal symptoms!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

You know what, I could have sworn it was 3412 when I watched the first half live, but rewatching the highlights it was clearly a bloomin 442 with Albrighton LM and Mahrez RM wasn't it? :shock:

Hole my bum, sorry for misreporting that earlier. :oops:

Edit: Ha, they're even discussing the 442 formation on MOTD now. Interestingly The Guardian have got that right, and Palace's keeper right. They also surprisingly predicted no Walcott...

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Yes, was wondering why some believed to have seen him in the hole. If anything, it was Okazaki that played slightly off Vardy, with Mahrez cutting in from the right.

Back four of Schlupp, Morgan, Huth and De Laet.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I watched the game, and Mahrez spent most his time in the middle of the park, hence I just assumed he was playing in the hole. Obviously had free range to drift around.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

not for me, I don't see him as a player like Michu who will go on to have a storming season, scored very well this week but not going to do that every week and looks like a case of chasing the last gw points.

will wait and see, could haunt me if he does really well again this week, but think it will be somebody else next week who shines.

was hugely impressed with Swansea against Chelsea and wouldn't be surprised to see somebody like Shelvey or Montero (if fit) be the bandwagon for next week

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I haven't caught up with MOTD yet. To what extent was Sunderland's defence culpable?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Leicester played very well but sunderland started very poorly, they were all over the place could have easily been 6 or 7

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:I haven't caught up with MOTD yet. To what extent was Sunderland's defence culpable?
Very.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm interested in Albrighton too, for the extra 0.5, although if Mahrez really is on pens then that could be worth the extra.

It's good that Albrighton, Cabaye and Mahrez are splitting the transfers a bit as it might make it safe to wait until we see City play tomorrow before deciding what to do. There's also one less day for price rises to the deadline this week.

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

I will wait until he performs against a team that actually has a proper defence

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ezequiel wrote:I will wait until he performs against a team that actually has a proper defence
Agreed. As brilliant as he was, and as good an option as he looks to be, Mahrez has West Ham next week, who on the basis of today will prove to be a much tougher nut to crack than Sunderland and their non-existent defence. I can see the temptation in making the move now for any Walcott owners though. He was always a bit too much of a risk for me, so glad I played it safe.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Finisher1 wrote:at least you can make some money if nothing else.
Depends. If price rises are like last year you will be lucky to get 2 in the GW. if he fails to score next GW he will stop being transferred in. Even if he does, you are probably looking at most a 0.2 gain, presuming you sell (remember, you only get half the price rise).

With that said, I liked Mahrez last year and was planning on bringing him in for my DGW WC until he started losing his place. His underlying numbers were very good. If Ulloa isn't going to be a regular and he gets penalties he could be a great buy.

I certainly am not all that interested at the moment considering the next two GWs and a need to bring Aguero in soon. If he is still running strong at GW 4 I will reconsider.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Notned wrote:
Ezequiel wrote:I will wait until he performs against a team that actually has a proper defence
Agreed. As brilliant as he was, and as good an option as he looks to be, Mahrez has West Ham next week, who on the basis of today will prove to be a much tougher nut to crack than Sunderland and their non-existent defence. I can see the temptation in making the move now for any Walcott owners though. He was always a bit too much of a risk for me, so glad I played it safe.
He looked absolute class and I believe he has a great season ahead of him. But one gameweek is far from enough sample to assume he's a must have.

sponduly
Treebeard

Post by sponduly »

Surely it's too soon for the Mahrez bandwagon.

IMO, Leicester have two hard games coming up:

GW 2- West Ham away - not too much room on that pitch, especially if West Ham sit deep and look to counter attack.
GW 3 - Spurs at home - United struggled to create chances at home, because Spurs pressed all game.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

sponduly wrote:Surely it's too soon for the Mahrez bandwagon.

IMO, Leicester have two hard games coming up:

GW 2- West Ham away - not too much room on that pitch, especially if West Ham sit deep and look to counter attack.
GW 3 - Spurs at home - United struggled to create chances at home, because Spurs pressed all game.
Yep. Too early to judge for me. They, and him in particular, did look really good, but they won't come up against a defence that shambolic again for a while.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I just noticed Mahrez had amazing 6 goal attempts inside the box in GW1?! That is the best of all players.

I wasn't going to bring him in but this stat might change my mind. Really delicious stat and with possibly penalty kick duties, maybe he is going to be fantasy gold?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Finisher1 wrote:I just noticed Mahrez had amazing 6 goal attempts inside the box in GW1?! That is the best of all players.

I wasn't going to bring him in but this stat might change my mind. Really delicious stat and with possibly penalty kick duties, maybe he is going to be fantasy gold?
Now you're getting it. :wink:

Yeah he really was 'that' good, and as a few have already stated, he was unlucky not to have 3 or 4 goals to his name.

I guess you don't really buy a 5.5mil player and expect much against the stronger sides, however I personally don't consider WH or TOT to necessarily be stronger teams.

I think he has a lot of up sides playing in a very attacking side at 5.5mil.

Not a must have, but a definite cheapie enabler that can also start and score well.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”