To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mahrez - all aboard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
froog
FISOhead

Mahrez - all aboard

Post by froog »

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: Mahrez - all aboard

Post by The Catman »

Has to be,,,

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is Mahrez the usual pen taker or do we think he took it because he was the one fouled? FFS have Ulloa ahead of him.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Mav3rick wrote:Is Mahrez the usual pen taker or do we think he took it because he was the one fouled? FFS have Ulloa ahead of him.
Ulloa on bench today so maybe that's why Mahrez took it.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

thesilkworm wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Is Mahrez the usual pen taker or do we think he took it because he was the one fouled? FFS have Ulloa ahead of him.
That might well be it. So who is jumping on, purely from the bandwagon perspecive? whm TOT bou in the next 3.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Is he likely to rise tonight? Would be nice to have some idea as to how West Ham are playing before committing, but might not be possible if looking to avoid the first price rise.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Already got him :-)

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

sunderland are just awful though, i wouldn't be getting too excited just yet. i have at least two non starters to sort out before i start thinking of bandwagons.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

thesilkworm wrote:Is he likely to rise tonight?
I don't remember if anyone rose on the first Sunday morning last season, but considering that most of the premium mids won't have played yet, I'd hope he won't rise.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Is he likely to rise tonight?
I don't remember if anyone rose on the first Sunday morning last season, but considering that most of the premium mids won't have played yet, I'd hope he won't rise.
Yep, I really hope not either - we could do with some other cheapie to hit it big just to split the transfers. Mahrez was already looking the best of the 5.5m mids before today, but if he has pens too then it's an absolute no-brainer for me in terms of getting the best VFM team down quickly - they've still got very decent fixtures too. :shock:

I don't think I can justify transferring him in without seeing any of the guys I'd transfer him in for so will just have to take the rise tonight if it happens I guess - it doesn't help that City don't play till Monday. Ideally I'd like to wait till GW3 and use him as the Aguero funder, but he'll likely be 0.4/0.5/0.6 more by then. :(

Those that started with Lens will probably have one of the easiest transfers they'll ever make...

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

My post from the Ruddy/Rudd-topic
nufctoon wrote:Since the very first draft, I've had Leicester gk pairing. Now I'm thinking about switching to Ruddy/Rudd. The first one would be a no-brainer but now I'm starting to think that I would prefer having the option to take two players from Leicester's def/mid/for than from Norwich's... There are couple of Leicester players in my watchlist e.g. Huth, Fuchs, Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy, Ulloa... Leicester offers quite many cheap options and if they play anywhere near the level they played last spring, they could offer some value. Of course, there could appear some Norwich players that offered the same value e.g. Jerome, Redmond, Bassong...

Tough choice.
I'm suspecting there are a lot of players who have already Leicester gk pairing + Huth. It'll be tough time to those teams to transfer Mahrez in. Thankfully, I went with Pantilimon/McCarthy so Mahrez is an easy option to transfer in.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

thesilkworm wrote:
Ulloa is still number 1, however Leicester have some real competition now for the strikers role, so Ulloa is far from nailed on.

Vardy would be the only one out of the lot that's nailed on for me. I'm guessing Ulloa will be used more against the bigger bodied defenses as a target man to hold play up and feed the likes of Mahrez and Vardy playing off him.

Mahrez is still the best bet imo, and half a mil cheaper than the other options.

I thought Mahrez was very good last season when he played, so now that the competition up front possibly means he'll get regular pens just adds to his appeal.

He may struggle against the top 4 sides, but that's only 4 sides from many. ;)

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

nufctoon wrote:My post from the Ruddy/Rudd-topic
nufctoon wrote:Since the very first draft, I've had Leicester gk pairing. Now I'm thinking about switching to Ruddy/Rudd. The first one would be a no-brainer but now I'm starting to think that I would prefer having the option to take two players from Leicester's def/mid/for than from Norwich's... There are couple of Leicester players in my watchlist e.g. Huth, Fuchs, Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy, Ulloa... Leicester offers quite many cheap options and if they play anywhere near the level they played last spring, they could offer some value. Of course, there could appear some Norwich players that offered the same value e.g. Jerome, Redmond, Bassong...

Tough choice.
I'm suspecting there are a lot of players who have already Leicester gk pairing + Huth. It'll be tough time to those teams to transfer Mahrez in. Thankfully, I went with Pantilimon/McCarthy so Mahrez is an easy option to transfer in.
I did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. :lol:

Had the Leicester GK pairing from day one of tinkering with my team, however I continually found myself bringing Mahrez in as my 5th mid, so had to make the change.

Even though I didn't end up starting with him, he was always going to be part of the grand Aguero plan, as he really is the best option at that price point, hence I opted for the Ruddy/Rudd pairing even though I would have preferred the Leicester pairing.

I'd be very surprised if many 'Aguero teams' didn't have Mahrez to be honest, with the Leicester GK+CB threesome being the only possible restriction for some.

Stocker16
Treebeard

Post by Stocker16 »

Seems he could be a decent enabler for getting Aguero in, unimpressed with Rooney today so he may go

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Yeah absolutely.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Hopefully Albrighton will now steal transfers. :D

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Do we have anywhere some information about NTI? I see that CTC is not working.

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

already had him......:0

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Terry Henry wrote:Already got him :-)
Great minds and all that :wink: 8-) :D

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So should we assume he is going to be a good pick in terms of FPL points, or is he just a tool for making money and enable Aguero?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

He was a good pick in terms of FPL points in Leicester's run in as well last season, potentially at least if you had seen him play that is, but for some reason he never set his feet in stone in their starting 11. That is why I ignored him last season as it was always a gamble if he would start or not. This season that might be different, although Ranieri loves to tinker and change his personnel from game to game.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I already have my full compliment of Leicester players so he would take a couple of transfers for me. Shame, as he'd be the perfect enabler for Sergio in a couple of weeks.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Finisher1 wrote:So should we assume he is going to be a good pick in terms of FPL points, or is he just a tool for making money and enable Aguero?
Both.

I think he can be the perfect 4th mid keeper, or a money maker, depending on what you want to achieve with the rest of your team.

He is probably the main creative force for Leicester along with Albrighton, but he can become a little slack defensively, so when the fixtures stiffen, it will be interesting to see if Ranieri continues to nail him to that number 10 role.

This is the only reason he wasn't nailed on last season, however he proved last season that when given the opportunity to play in the hole, he could create and have the potential for explosive returns.

Regardless, you can consider him nailed on for now at least due to the fixtures, so he can score you points and make money, and if his security of starts changes later on, you can cash him in and upgrade with the profits.

Right now he is essentially a 6.5-7.5mil player in terms of comparative points predictions, but at a fraction of the price.

A more than capable alternative to the likes of Cabaye, Payet, Milner etc.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

He was today in the hole? If that is true then I'm really tempted.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:He was today in the hole? If that is true then I'm really tempted.
Yep, in the hole for an attacking team with the two strikers in front of him often drifting slightly wide, on pens (and the odd other set piece when Albrighton lets him). No exaggeration that he really should have scored 4 today - hit the post in addition to his brace. Nothing not to like at 5.5m really, except that it is Ranieri so they could implode at any moment.

Really hoping he holds his price for now.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:Hopefully Albrighton will now steal transfers. :D
I might help you out here myself. I don't have the cash for Mahrez without dropping one of my four expensive midfielders, and I don't think I want to lose any of them just yet. Sinclair :arrow: Albrighton seems to make more sense for me though, so I might do that.

Perhaps with Mahrez scoring his brace today people are forgetting how involved Albrighton continues to be in a lot of Leicester's goals. I had him at the tail end of last season where he scored really well, and he seems to have carried his form through into this season. He takes most of their set-pieces and gets a lot of assists, plus the odd goal. £0.5m cheaper than Mahrez too - perhaps he could turn out to be the better value of the two?

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I could do Sinclair :arrow: Mahrez with one transfer but he wouldn't have space in my starting XI.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:He was today in the hole? If that is true then I'm really tempted.
Really hoping he holds his price for now.
Is there any site where we can see NTI at the moment?

Or possibly even price change projections based on last season's formula?

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

I used totalfpl.com last season

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

None of the price change prediction have an update yet that I know of, including CTC. There seem to be a few issues pulling data from he site with other apps, maybe it's related.

I'm sure w'll know something this evening.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”