To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price Changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Price Changes

Post by snakzz »

Are we sure Pedro is price locked?

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

I wouldn't be sure about Pedro being protected. Didn't someone come in later last season and rise when we thought they were protected?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Can't get onto FPL statistics... Need to make a quick pre-bed decision... Is Wilson going to go up tonight? And is Rooney going to go down?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

JVRB48 wrote:Can't get onto FPL statistics... Need to make a quick pre-bed decision... Is Wilson going to go up tonight? And is Rooney going to go down?
I don't know if it affected you, but Wilson did rise and Rooney dropped.

Wilson rising before we see the last game this GW was a bit annoying but to be expected with the knee jerkers at this point of the season.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Mav3rick wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:Can't get onto FPL statistics... Need to make a quick pre-bed decision... Is Wilson going to go up tonight? And is Rooney going to go down?
I don't know if it affected you, but Wilson did rise and Rooney dropped.

Wilson rising before we see the last game this GW was a bit annoying but to be expected with the knee jerkers at this point of the season.
Thanks, I thought they would. I traded them just before I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

timao1
Treebeard

Post by timao1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:Wilson rising before we see the last game this GW was a bit annoying but to be expected with the knee jerkers at this point of the season.
Yes that was annoying.

What would people think of a weekly transfer window, where transfers cannot be made whilst a gameweek is in progress.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

i want to bring in pedro and shaqiri. does anyone know if they will rise tonight or are they protected for a few more days? cant wait as i have exactly enough to bring both in

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

timao1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:Wilson rising before we see the last game this GW was a bit annoying but to be expected with the knee jerkers at this point of the season.
Yes that was annoying.

What would people think of a weekly transfer window, where transfers cannot be made whilst a gameweek is in progress.
Personally I would love a change like that, although I suppose when there are DGWs etc it would mean people can't do anything until Tuesday/Wednesday night which is probably not good for the advertising revenues.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Hazard -0.1m. :roll: Huge amount of price drops comparing to rises. Crystal Palace's McCarthy has been target over 100% at least a week. Still yet to rise. :D

Drops that affected my team are:

Jerome -0.1m, Pantilimon -0.1m, Sinclair -0.1m, Hazard -0.1m. And more to come... Huth -93%, Pelle -75%, Sinclair -62%, Sterling -58%.

At least I have about the same amount of risers: Agüero, Mahrez, Kolarov, McCarthy... Hopefully not too many drops till the start of the next GW. WILDCARD TIME!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Mahrez becomes the first half million man

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

While I'm not doing particularly well score wise I've managed to play the team value game well. Haven't spent and points on transfers and haven't had any drops yet.

Depay is slowly on his way to a drop but he's my transfer for next week anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to bank a few rises in 4-5 weeks and profit from it all.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I'm finally in the black with a team value of 100.1 :)

Although Mané and Kosc might have something to say about that by the end of the week.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

So what is a good team value at this stage?

I'm only in year 2 of FPL so not sure. At a guess if you've not wildcarded having combined team value/bank of £101 is good, and if you have wildcarded £102 is good going. About right?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I used my WC and got Gomis, Payet, Silva and Kolarov in before they rose so to me that is good value although Payet needs to repay my faith sooner rather than later.

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hornet »

nufctoon wrote:Hazard -0.1m. :roll:
Checked last night and thought this wouldn't happen till tonight ! :evil: Probably have to keep him now and hope for a rise.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

muldoon wrote:So what is a good team value at this stage?

I'm only in year 2 of FPL so not sure. At a guess if you've not wildcarded having combined team value/bank of £101 is good, and if you have wildcarded £102 is good going. About right?
Team value is a bit of a mis-used and sometimes overstated metric. It's the sale value that counts (there's no point having 11 players that have risen 0.1 for example since you get no benefit from that apart from protection from one price fall) but even then it can be misinterpreted - one player who has risen 1.0 but that you'll not sell is also of no tangible use in obtaining more expensive players later in the season.

I'd not worry about your team value, the leaders rarely have the highest value anyway and it's much more about having the right players than having the rising players (one follows the other in most cases anyway). There are sometimes exceptions to this, Wilson for example looks like free money right now and has some decent fixtures so is probably worth a go.

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

When you look at the crack the code thread how do you know if someone is going to rise or fall in rwkation to the nti today v %. And when do they rise/fall, that day or end of the week?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

pdhmobile wrote:When you look at the crack the code thread how do you know if someone is going to rise or fall in rwkation to the nti today v %. And when do they rise/fall, that day or end of the week?
I'd use FPL Statistics as they seem to be most accurate, athough CtC is good for seing actual NTI and NTO. Once a player reaches 100% (or -100% in the case of a drop) then they are eligible for a price change which will occur in the early hours of the morning (UK time).
Last edited by Mav3rick on 26 Aug 2015, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

muldoon
FISOhead

Post by muldoon »

Thanks Mav. I totally hear you that its easy to read too much into it but personally I'm reading more into it this year. Last year I did'nt pay it much attention and struggled to make inroads into my mahoosive deficit after Chrimbo. This year so many people seem to have wildcarded just to protect team value (me included) so it seems pretty important, even though of course money in the bank does not equal points on the board. You've still got to use it wisely.

I totally agree with the Triggerlips post you linked the other day though about the aggressive chasing of team value early on this year, so I'm currently in full Barry Fry mode wheeling and dealing. I'm currently on combined +1.6, which if I can stretch it to about 2.2 in the next few weeks will allow me to go with a front line of Aguero, Costa and Benteke, so thats what I'm aiming for.

I got Wilson on Sunday when he was 5.4 so hoping to make 0.2 at least on him before his fixtures turn, and I'm nearly on selling on profit for Gomis, Mahraz (already 0.4 up but with fixtures can keep going), Shaw, Macarthy, Payet, all of which can go and not return, and already on Shaquiri the next big bandwagon :D so I think I'm nicely poised.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Hazard dropping mainly due to the top 10k players who dont know what they're doing by seeling him ;-)

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

Muldoon, is that 1.6 profit

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: Team value is a bit of a mis-used and sometimes overstated metric. It's the sale value that counts (there's no point having 11 players that have risen 0.1 for example since you get no benefit from that apart from protection from one price fall) but even then it can be misinterpreted - one player who has risen 1.0 but that you'll not sell is also of no tangible use in obtaining more expensive players later in the season.
I agree that team value is not 100% accurate metric, so team value of 102.0m is not in every case better than team value of 101.8m, it depends on team structure and selling prices.

But generally speaking, in the early season it is important to gain team value or make money or whatever words you want to use for getting rising player and ditching dropping players. It will reward you later when you have more options and can bring in one more premium player than those with poor team value.

I also think that 0.1m rise is very important, because it protects you from drop. I think that one of the most common reasons for taking a hit in early season is the fear of drop, so you shouldn't underestimate the significance of 0.1m rise.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 26 Aug 2015, 13:07, edited 2 times in total.

muldoon
FISOhead

Post by muldoon »

Not banked profit as such, so sorry for any confusion as Mav says it can be misleading. Currently TV=99.9 with 1.7 ITB

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

My TV is 26 inches.

And I second what Mav said about team value being misleading.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Finisher1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: Team value is a bit of a mis-used and sometimes overstated metric. It's the sale value that counts (there's no point having 11 players that have risen 0.1 for example since you get no benefit from that apart from protection from one price fall) but even then it can be misinterpreted - one player who has risen 1.0 but that you'll not sell is also of no tangible use in obtaining more expensive players later in the season.
I agree that team value is not 100% accurate metric, so team value of 102.0m is not in every case better than team value of 101.8m, it depends on team structure and selling prices.

But generally speaking, in the early season it is important to gain team value or make money or whatever words you want to use for getting rising player and ditching dropping players. It will reward you later when you have more options and can bring in one more premium player than those with poor team value.
I think avoiding drops is important (due to the double rise required to earn it back), but gaining team value is not something I would actively pursue unless it was also an advantageous transfer. Wilson is a good example where team value can be chased, but for example I would not jump on Lukaku or Redmond despite their rises.

Being able to afford one more premium is probably a bit over ambitious, because good teams who we are competing with are going to be close enough in value that you are pretty unlikely to have one extra premium player on them. If you really chase then you might have an extra 1.0-1.5 in selling value, but that's only likely to be fully usable once you deploy the second wildcard, or partially usable from some time after half way.

Even if you had 2.0 extra for 15GWs that might only be around 20 points (1 ppg for each 1.5m) so it's not worth taking too many hits for example to achieve a high team value or in taking unnecessary transfers that distract you from managing your team. Team value is also not guaranteed to be useful. If Aguero gets a long term injury for example then there may not be that much pressure on affording the right team.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Team value is overrated, last year I had 3m ITB at the end of the season and no one to spend it on with cheap players doing so well. The only thing that matters is having the players you want.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

I think being able to spot a potential premium, is important and think it may be possible to fit a few in as a result.

For example, i think a team containg Yaya, Silva, Pedro and Aguero can be put together with good balance and each has been or has the potential to be top game points scorer. This changes if you throw Sanchez or hazard into the mix.

Your also accumalting + NTI's over a broader range of players increasing transfer value, Yaya is looking a snip at 8.5 starting price heading into some nice fixtures.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Gallus: the players I want would cost more than 120.0m in total so I think team value is important.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

gallus wrote:Team value is overrated, last year I had 3m ITB at the end of the season and no one to spend it on with cheap players doing so well. The only thing that matters is having the players you want.
Different every season. Last season we had people like Kane and Austin who where essentials.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Finisher1 wrote:Gallus: the players I want would cost more than 120.0m in total so I think team value is important.
It seems (and probably is) important at the start, but later when the big names turn out to be poor picks (RVP, Rooney, Sturridge and Yaya last year) and 6.0- players are scoring for fun you can build a great team with TV around 102-103. I had around 108 last season and I regretted the value increasing transfers because by the end of the year I had only 2 super premiums in my team.
SFC_Fan wrote:
gallus wrote:Team value is overrated, last year I had 3m ITB at the end of the season and no one to spend it on with cheap players doing so well. The only thing that matters is having the players you want.
Different every season. Last season we had people like Kane and Austin who where essentials.
It was my first season so maybe I'm drawing too many conclusions. :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”