To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who to bench thread 2015/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by MoSe »

Bench one:

Kosc (SOU)
Alder (nor)
Ward (BOU)

basic feeling woud say bench Ward (besides, I'm already playing Hennessey and Dann)

but GW24 CS projections for the 3 teams say Palace have the best, and Gunners the worst, both on FFS and FFFix :?
true, the first two promise some better offensive and bonus returns to balance that....

FFFix Assistant Mamager says play all 3 in a 433, and bench Firmino... :|

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I'd bench Alder I think.

Tripled up on Palaca def/gk eh?!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Despite some excellent advice to the contrary, I'm playing Ward over Walker. Call it gut instinct.

Also benching Arnautovic in favour of Payet/Ramsey/Mahrez/Alli, which is probably more logical.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Vsz wrote:I'd bench Alder I think.

Tripled up on Palaca def/gk eh?!
oops

I was tinkering FPL and postinf in the Sidegames, League Cup topic at the same time,
and the deadline caught me by surprise

i'm not sure, i'm afraid I had Koscileny on bench at the time... yes, updated now :(
well, let's hope "random chance" has helped me with the right choice! :mrgreen:

ianthegirth
FISOhead

Post by ianthegirth »

ianthegirth wrote:need to bench one of my front 8. currently benching Alli so I have Arsenal coverage.
seem to get it wrong most weeks :evil:

Silva, Ozil, Payet, Mahrez, Alli
Aguero, Kane, Lukaku
typical... alli on my bench :evil: :evil:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Notned wrote:Despite some excellent advice to the contrary, I'm playing Ward over Walker. Call it gut instinct.
Bad call.

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

:evil: Ward

Sagna and van dyke on bench.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Notned wrote:...
Finally listened to you and didn't bench Alli. And never will again. :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Notned wrote:...
Finally listened to you and didn't bench Alli. And never will again. :lol:
Haha! I think he's slightly more benchable at home than away, but I don't intend to bench him any time soon either. Not until post GW27 at least, anyway.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Payet could be the new bench option.

Looking ahead to the next gameweek many will be thinking Alli payet Mahrez Ozil - need to bench one

Alli can obviously be discounted

So Mahrez v Payet v Ozil

Using oddschecker anytime scorer odds as a crude differentiator as all are good at assists, With 9 bookmarking firms Payet is worse than the other two in eight

only Corals make him better

Sky, Paddy, BV, Will Hill, Boyle, Stan J, betfair and BB make him the worst option with the longest odds

Southampton away on a roll of cleansheets is as tough for West Ham as City is for Leicester or Bournemouth for Arsenal.

Payet benched with far lower ownership than Mahrez or Özil has to be an option

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Vsz wrote:
IceCreamFirm wrote:
IceCreamFirm wrote:I have to bench one out of:

Sanchez (Sou H) / Firmino (Lei A) / Payet (Villa H) / Alli (Nor A) / Mahrez (Liv H)
Augero (Sun A) / Giroud (Sou H) / Lukaku (New H)
I'm settled on Giroud. Sanchez cover & I can see the Leicester Liverpool game being 3-3 or similar.
NO WAY I'd bench Giroud out of that lot!
Happy with the decision in the end. It was always between Giroud, Alli and Mahrez. All 4 subs played and collected a total of 4 points (Giroud/Wollscheid/Targett/Butland)

The two most benchable this week are Payet and Mahrez, but I'm West Ham so it's Mahrez on the bench for me.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I agree IceCreamFirm Payet or Mahrez, my gut said Mahrez probably as its v City but there is a case for either I think.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:I agree IceCreamFirm Payet or Mahrez, my gut said Mahrez probably as its v City but there is a case for either I think.

Something I was mulling over myself actually. Always had Mahrez down as the bench option for the next two, but Payet's unexpected blank last night and Southampton's new found resilience have me second guessing. I think I have to start Alli (form+fixture) and Arnautovic (fixture) regardless.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

IceCreamFirm wrote:
Vsz wrote:
IceCreamFirm wrote:
IceCreamFirm wrote:I have to bench one out of:

Sanchez (Sou H) / Firmino (Lei A) / Payet (Villa H) / Alli (Nor A) / Mahrez (Liv H)
Augero (Sun A) / Giroud (Sou H) / Lukaku (New H)
I'm settled on Giroud. Sanchez cover & I can see the Leicester Liverpool game being 3-3 or similar.
NO WAY I'd bench Giroud out of that lot!
Happy with the decision in the end. It was always between Giroud, Alli and Mahrez. All 4 subs played and collected a total of 4 points (Giroud/Wollscheid/Targett/Butland)

The two most benchable this week are Payet and Mahrez, but I'm West Ham so it's Mahrez on the bench for me.
Good job with Alli buddy :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Happy with my squad in general with this and upcoming weeks in mind, but it's a ridiculously tough week for me in terms of a benching dilemma...

Butland, Rudd
Walker, Moreno, Jagielka, Dawson, Ward
Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Arnautovic, Alli
Aguero, Kane, Vardy

Players in bold are definite starters, but I'm open to suggestions for the rest...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Notned wrote:Happy with my squad in general with this and upcoming weeks in mind, but it's a ridiculously tough week for me in terms of a benching dilemma...

Butland, Rudd
Walker, Moreno, Jagielka, Dawson, Ward
Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Arnautovic, Alli
Aguero, Kane, Vardy

Players in bold are definite starters, but I'm open to suggestions for the rest...
I think I'd play Vardy and Payet as the former is now on pens, and to avoid two Leicester i'd bench Mahrez plus any two from those three defenders.

Will Walker play is the question? It's Trippiers turn unless it's back to Walker as first choice except for fixture congestion meaning rotation.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
I think I'd play Vardy and Payet as the former is now on pens, and to avoid two Leicester i'd bench Mahrez plus any two from those three defenders.

Will Walker play is the question? It's Trippiers turn unless it's back to Walker as first choice except for fixture congestion meaning rotation.
Thanks mate, that's the way I am leaning now too. In some ways tomorrow's press conferences revealing Alli needs another day or two to recover from illness would help, albeit obviously I don't want that to be the case. Agree that Mahrez looks just about the most benchable from the front 8 if not.

Gut instinct is that Walker is now back to being regular first choice and the birth of his child coincided with a bit of a rest period for him. Remains to be seen, but I'm not too worried this week if he doesn't with my other three all having reasonable fixtures and me struggling to decide which I prefer anyway.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

Do you believe that Rose can be rotated this week (meaning not playing 60 mins)..?

Also, it might sound strange but what do you think about benching Payet to Hoolahan - Payet is playing away against the greatly defending SOU, he might be a bit tired as well as he played 90' just a few days ago.
On the other hand, Hoolahan was benched last match and will be fresh to play against the weakest team in the league..

However, Payet is Payet while Hoolahan is .. meh :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:

Thanks mate, that's the way I am leaning now too. In some ways tomorrow's press conferences revealing Alli needs another day or two to recover from illness would help, albeit obviously I don't want that to be the case. Agree that Mahrez looks just about the most benchable from the front 8 if not.

Gut instinct is that Walker is now back to being regular first choice and the birth of his child coincided with a bit of a rest period for him. Remains to be seen, but I'm not too worried this week if he doesn't with my other three all having reasonable fixtures and me struggling to decide which I prefer anyway.
Spurs had their presser today, people posting on the transfer hub seem to have info that Alli came through today's training session ok. I'm not so sure about Walker and think Davies and Trippier could get a go but it's desperately hard to call and no real clues. The Europa restarting means rotation inevitable I would think.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote: Spurs had their presser today, people posting on the transfer hub seem to have info that Alli came through today's training session ok. I'm not so sure about Walker and think Davies and Trippier could get a go but it's desperately hard to call and no real clues. The Europa restarting means rotation inevitable I would think.
Agreed, although that could benefit Walker/Rose potentially maybe? Pochettino tends to favour one pair for Europe and the other for the league, so hopefully he is still first choice and falls into the latter pairing. Time will tell I guess. Several good options both within Spurs and elsewhere if not.

What/where is transfer hub, by the way? I've seen you reference it a few times recently?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote: Spurs had their presser today, people posting on the transfer hub seem to have info that Alli came through today's training session ok. I'm not so sure about Walker and think Davies and Trippier could get a go but it's desperately hard to call and no real clues. The Europa restarting means rotation inevitable I would think.
Agreed, although that could benefit Walker/Rose potentially maybe? Pochettino tends to favour one pair for Europe and the other for the league, so hopefully he is still first choice and falls into the latter pairing. Time will tell I guess. Several good options both within Spurs and elsewhere if not.

What/where is transfer hub, by the way? I've seen you reference it a few times recently?
It's Triggerlips' Facebook group, now a closed group unfortunately but plenty on fiso are members so any relevant info should be posted on here.

mattandbenny
Kevin and Perry

Post by mattandbenny »

Anyone know if Mertesacker is likely to come back into the arsenal team?

My defenders are Zouma & Dier (Starters), Shawcross (Injured), Mertesacker (Dropped) & Cathcart (Away to Spurs).

Looking like i'm gonna have to use Cathcart with Watford away to Spurs which i don't wanna do! (Used my transfer!).

Or would it be worth paying 4pts to swap one of the defenders?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

The usual - Butland (EVE) v Hennessey (swa)?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by jacksosi »

Benching Ighalo currently- thoughts?
I know Myhill is unlikely to play, but left him there just in case.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

De gea or Hennessy .....just can't call it

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Baines or Bellerin?

Bellerin, right?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

JVRB48 wrote:Baines or Bellerin?

Bellerin, right?
If you mean play Bellerin, bench Baines, that's what I'm going to do

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Who to bench out of

Bellerín BOU (A) 2.6
Moreno SUN (H) 1.95
Zouma MUN (H) 2.37
Walker WAT (H) 1.91

Might be an academic question given Walker's likely absence, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the highest clean sheet odds, if he does end up starting after all.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Bench one:

Alderwiereld (WAT)
Rangel (CRY)
Bellerin (bou)
Moreno (SUN)

Thanks!

t88
Treebeard