To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who to bench thread 2015/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by PokerGod1900 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
PokerGod1900 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
PokerGod1900 wrote:Bench one:

Moreno (nor)
Bellerin (CHE)
Huth (STO)
Alderweireld (cry)

Thanks!
A really tough one, but with Chelsea scoring eight in their last three I would be tempted to go with the cs odds and play Huth, Alderweireld and Moreno benching Bellerin - it's so close though you could really use a pin to pick one with possibly a better result.

No real standout cs teams this week, Man Utd and WBA among the better ones.
I also have the option of playing Bellerin ahead of Payet... Yay or nay
No West Ham at home, even against City (without Kompany).
Yup stupid idea. Have had Bellerin benched all week but just feel uneasy about it. Are a lot of others benching Arsenal defenders?

dean1980
Treebeard

Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by dean1980 »

Hi which one defender to play from these ?

Sagna (whu)
Smith (sun)
Targett (man)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

scarletjim wrote:Play Alli or Alderweirald?

I hate choosing between two from the same side. Palace have struggled to score recently, but on a good attacking day Alli can easily get into double figures... :?:
Ended up playing Alli, but Im not confident in that decision at all. They've both been getting in great positions recently. Meh, maybe they'll both get 10 points. :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I hate choosing between two from the same side. Palace have struggled to score recently, but on a good attacking day Alli can easily get into double figures... :?:
Sorry I know it's a bit late now, but I'd certainly favour the attacker in that case. I'm playing Alli and have Walker benched though, so I guess I would say that.

EDIT; I've just seen that's the way you went too.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I benched Alli but I should have benched Mahrez :roll:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Notned wrote:

Sorry I know it's a bit late now, but I'd certainly favour the attacker in that case. I'm playing Alli and have Walker benched though, so I guess I would say that.

Given what's taken place so far, pity I didn't bench Moreno and play both Alli and Alderwierald... :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

scarletjim wrote:
Notned wrote:

Given what's taken place so far, pity I didn't bench Moreno and play both Alli and Alderwierald... :lol:
:lol: Indeed! Moreno is becoming a real pain!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Joccki_10 wrote:I benched Alli but I should have benched Mahrez :roll:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

If there's been one thing I've been good at so far this season (and it's probably about the only thing...) it's being calling when to play and when to bench Alli. :D

Bound to get stung by it sooner or later, though.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Post by Les_Gomiserables »

Notned wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote: Cheers mate. Much appreciated. You're right on AOA....needed that bit of logic.

Interesting you think Stoke more likely to keep CS than Watford.

More I think about it the more I'm considering Butland/Wollscheid and hoping for Leicesters lack of goals to continue.

Think Willian is probably my weakest mid this week. The fact I've got 8 strong mids/fwds causes this problem tho so can only blame myself.

Defence is what's killing me the most. CS been hard to come by lately, and getting Betrands last two was a great boost.

Hmmmmm
No problem. Truth be told, I'm actually not that sure Stoke will keep a clean sheet. Or at least I hope not, as I'm playing Mahrez. I just think objectively they may be slightly more likely to do so than Southampton are, given the current form of Rooney. Wollscheid vs Bertrand is probably the part of your benching dilemma I would be most torn by.

I also own Butland as it happens, but could never bring myself to bench him. He's been an absolute star for me this season, and even when conceding he's usually good for a save point or two. Not to mention a bonus magnet if he does keep a CS. That said, my back up is Rudd so it's more clear cut for me. Gomes probably has a decent chance of a CS himself.

Well that didn't work out.

Started Butland over Gomez (-1))

And Wollschied over Bertrand (-5).

Ah well can't nail them all.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Les_Gomiserables wrote:
Notned wrote:
Les_Gomiserables wrote: Cheers mate. Much appreciated. You're right on AOA....needed that bit of logic.

Interesting you think Stoke more likely to keep CS than Watford.

More I think about it the more I'm considering Butland/Wollscheid and hoping for Leicesters lack of goals to continue.

Think Willian is probably my weakest mid this week. The fact I've got 8 strong mids/fwds causes this problem tho so can only blame myself.

Defence is what's killing me the most. CS been hard to come by lately, and getting Betrands last two was a great boost.

Hmmmmm
No problem. Truth be told, I'm actually not that sure Stoke will keep a clean sheet. Or at least I hope not, as I'm playing Mahrez. I just think objectively they may be slightly more likely to do so than Southampton are, given the current form of Rooney. Wollscheid vs Bertrand is probably the part of your benching dilemma I would be most torn by.

I also own Butland as it happens, but could never bring myself to bench him. He's been an absolute star for me this season, and even when conceding he's usually good for a save point or two. Not to mention a bonus magnet if he does keep a CS. That said, my back up is Rudd so it's more clear cut for me. Gomes probably has a decent chance of a CS himself.

Well that didn't work out.

Started Butland over Gomez (-1))

And Wollschied over Bertrand (-5).

Ah well can't nail them all.
Sorry mate, that's my bad for the dodgy advice! At least it's only a 6 point swing for you though, and even looking at it in hindsight they are both decisions that could have gone either way I guess.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Notned wrote:If there's been one thing I've been good at so far this season (and it's probably about the only thing...) it's being calling when to play and when to bench Alli. :D

Bound to get stung by it sooner or later, though.
I can help with that. I have the opposite experience so I'll let you know what I'm doing and you should do the opposite

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Early thoughts on next week... Ighalo(CHE) vs Mahrez(LIV) vs Alli(nor). Omg...

Paul_Football
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Paul_Football »

DanCaek wrote:Early thoughts on next week... Ighalo(CHE) vs Mahrez(LIV) vs Alli(nor). Omg...
Id bench ighalo from that kust even though typing that feels wrong. Really depends which liverpool side and mahrez turn up though.

Alli vs nor could score big

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks a really tough week in terms of deciding who to bench. Really good fixtures all round it seems. Depending what happens in the week, I'm half tempted to just make a defensive change and hold off on any dgw influenced changes further forward, purely to solve my benching dilemma!

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

I know its too early but I am having a quick look and even after downgrading the problem is always in my defence.

Butland(mun)/Hennessey(BOU)
Toby(SOU)/Bellerin(nor)/Moreno(lei)/Williams(WBA)/ Ward(BOU)

Normally I was sure I would play Hennesey over Butland but if I play Ward I wouldn't want a CP block.
Except Bellerin no one else stands out.

Any opinion?
Last edited by Geri on 25 Jan 2016, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I think you bench Moreno, Ward and Butland.
Moreno had little attacking threat and unlikely to keep a CS, then you bench one CP and play the other. Despite recent experience MU away is still tricky, so it's Butland on the bench and Ward because you play Hennessey.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

I have to bench one out of:

Sanchez (Sou H) / Firmino (Lei A) / Payet (Villa H) / Alli (Nor A) / Mahrez (Liv H)
Augero (Sun A) / Giroud (Sou H) / Lukaku (New H)

The only 3 I'd consider dropping are Alli Mahrez & Giroud, it's currently on Giroud.

Sounds mental but the team I'm chasing in my league has got rid of Mahrez, and I can see him having a great week so need to keep him in to catch up. Alli can be explosive and I benched him last week. Giroud may well score but can't see him getting the 10+ points that Mahrez & Alli have the potential to get.

Thoughts? Seriously considering getting a bench striker for Giroud now I have Sanchez, and playing 3-5-2. Save a lot of benching hassle.

KarlPilkington
Kevin and Perry

Post by KarlPilkington »

I would personally be benching Firmino out of that lot ICF, i think he has the toughest fixture of the lot of them.

Leicester been tight at the back lately and look at liverpool going forward against any kind of stubborn defence recently = not many goals.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

KarlPilkington wrote:I would personally be benching Firmino out of that lot ICF, i think he has the toughest fixture of the lot of them.

Leicester been tight at the back lately and look at liverpool going forward against any kind of stubborn defence recently = not many goals.
I bought in Firmino for KDB this week, so wary about benching him first week as it'd seem like a wasted transfer. It wasn't for a hit though, so you're probably right.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

IceCreamFirm wrote:
KarlPilkington wrote:I would personally be benching Firmino out of that lot ICF, i think he has the toughest fixture of the lot of them.

I bought in Firmino for KDB this week, so wary about benching him first week as it'd seem like a wasted transfer. It wasn't for a hit though, so you're probably right.
I'd bench Alli.

KarlPilkington
Kevin and Perry

Post by KarlPilkington »

Obviously it comes down to gut instinct at the end of the day if you just fancy a player to do well but looking at the stats you have to think firmino is better to bench than alli.

Last 6 games:
Leicester conceded 2 liverpool scored 10
Norwich conceded 14 spurs scored 14

The fact that liverpool scored only 5/5 before playing Norwich and then knocked 5 past them just highlights how bad Norwich were that day, I'd be playing Alli every day of the week against Norwich.

I'm also tempted to bring in firmino with my free transfer this week if there is a DGW announced and have no quarms about benching him this week and having him sat waiting for the double. Leicester have proved they need to be treated like a big side this season, need to think of it as like being against Arsenal, man city, spurs away game.

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

I have a dilemma and seriously leaning towards benching Ozil. This is my front 8:

Lukaku
Costa
Aguero
Ozil
Mahrez
Silva
Payet
Alli

I think it comes down to Ozil v Mahrez and Southampton are looking a bit more solid at the back whilst Liverpool are pants as well as no attacking returns in the last 4gws for Mesut

Edit: AOA used up

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Curwinkle wrote:I have a dilemma and seriously leaning towards benching Ozil. This is my front 8:

Lukaku
Costa
Aguero
Ozil
Mahrez
Silva
Payet
Alli

I think it comes down to Ozil v Mahrez and Southampton are looking a bit more solid at the back whilst Liverpool are pants as well as no attacking returns in the last 4gws for Mesut

Edit: AOA used up
I benched Ozil last week and would probably do the same if I had your front 8.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I haven't made any changes yet, but when I do it's very unlikely that I'll make a defensive one, so;

Jagielka (NEW), Dawson (SWA), Moreno (lei), Walker (nor), Ward (BOU)

Play the three home players?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Notned wrote:I haven't made any changes yet, but when I do it's very unlikely that I'll make a defensive one, so;

jags and Dawson yes - toss up between Ward and Walker for me (assuming Walker plays).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:I haven't made any changes yet, but when I do it's very unlikely that I'll make a defensive one, so;

jags and Dawson yes - toss up between Ward and Walker for me (assuming Walker plays).
Yeah that's essentially the dilemma, Ward vs Walker. Probably could have cut the post down a bit, in fairness :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Notned wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Yeah that's essentially the dilemma, Ward vs Walker. Probably could have cut the post down a bit, in fairness :lol:
I'd probably go Walker because he offers more consistent attacking threat. Ward gets the odd goal but Walker more likely to get assists - both stand a decent chance of clean sheets.

Jukebox
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 195.

Post by Jukebox »

Need to bench one of these. Currently leaning against Ighalo, but thinking about benching Mahrez, although Liverpool is horrible defensively.

Payet - AVL
Mahrez - LIV
Alli - nor
Özil - SOU
Firmino - lei

Ighalo - CHE
Aguero - sun
Kane - nor

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Jukebox wrote:Need to bench one of these. Currently leaning against Ighalo, but thinking about benching Mahrez, although Liverpool is horrible defensively.

Payet - AVL
Mahrez - LIV
Alli - nor
Özil - SOU
Firmino - lei

Ighalo - CHE
Aguero - sun
Kane - nor
Apart from the likelihood that you have only just bought him this week... Based on fixture and scoring potential, I'd be benching Firmino out of that eight.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”