To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who to bench thread 2015/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

I cannot find a thread for this yet, so I will start the ball rolling...

Aguero WBA A (yellow flagged) or Scott Sinclair BOU A

Going with Kun from the off, saves a transfer, but now do I play him? He may come on just for a run late run out, whereas Mr Sinclair is in form, and playing a promoted side.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by Vsz »

I think if you have Scott Sinclair in your team you should play him in GW1 in order to justify going for him rather than a 4.5mil benchwarmer.

I'm currently deciding between Sinclair and Sakho so similar situation.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Change of plan, Kun looks like being fit, see the pressers thread.

New decision point... :)

Lens LEI A vs Sinclair BOU A

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I wouldn't start with Kun personally.

I'm also having troubles with the Sinclair/Lens/Ritchie debate...!

Neville Wears Prada
Wideboy
FS Record: 4513 (2017/2018)

Post by Neville Wears Prada »

Targett. Is he a sure thing for the first game?

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Vsz wrote:I think if you have Scott Sinclair in your team you should play him in GW1 in order to justify going for him rather than a 4.5mil benchwarmer.

I'm benching Sakho :D

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

JoonaR16 wrote:
Vsz wrote:I think if you have Scott Sinclair in your team you should play him in GW1 in order to justify going for him rather than a 4.5mil benchwarmer.

I'm benching Sakho :D
Yup me too, along with Cedric and Gomez which seems expensive/silly...?!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Azpilcueta or Targett?

Benching Targett myself currently but lots of chatter on other FPL sites about benching Chelsea defenders this week.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

MC vs CHE will be 1-1 Aguero (6th min pen), Hazard (81st min pen).

The resident psychic has spoken.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:Azpilcueta or Targett?

Benching Targett myself currently but lots of chatter on other FPL sites about benching Chelsea defenders this week.
It is quite conceivable that Targett could outscore him this week. But then again, it is also quite conceivable that Chelsea could park the bus and Azpi get maximum bonus.

I think for me, rightly or wrongly, I always start my premium defenders. Probably as much due to stubbornness rather than any particular logical ploy, but I question the merits in paying the premium price for them otherwise.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

NoEyeDeer wrote:MC vs CHE will be 1-1 Aguero (6th min pen), Hazard (81st min pen).

The resident psychic has spoken.
Umm hello? Cough, cough, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Notned wrote:

It is quite conceivable that Targett could outscore him this week. But then again, it is also quite conceivable that Chelsea could park the bus and Azpi get maximum bonus.

I think for me, rightly or wrongly, I always start my premium defenders. Probably as much due to stubbornness rather than any particular logical ploy, but I question the merits in paying the premium price for them otherwise.
For a defender with minimal chance of attacking returns (although I'm aware he got an 'assist' last week), this surely has to be all about clean sheet odds.

If you're confident that Targett starts, he's a better pick than Azpilicueta this week.

I'll be playing Coates/Cedric/Kosc ahead of him.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thesilkworm wrote:
Notned wrote:

For a defender with minimal chance of attacking returns (although I'm aware he got an 'assist' last week), this surely has to be all about clean sheet odds.

If you're confident that Targett starts, he's a better pick than Azpilicueta this week.

I'll be playing Coates/Cedric/Kosc ahead of him.
Fair points. For what it's worth, I don't own either... was just butting in! :lol:

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Crazy to me. Does anyone really think Chelsea will not play for the nil-nil Sunday :shock: Or is it that they just think they wont be successful at it. Same defence as last season that was shutting down anyone at will when they needed to. Remember the Arsenal game (boring boring Chelsea etc) where Terry was man of the match. Expect Ramires to take Oscars place and play next to Matic or even Mikel. Don't get too caught up in the results for Week 1. Its the same City team and the same Chelsea team as last season.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

You mean the same Chelsea team that failed to keep a clean sheet in any of the three fixtures last season vs the very same Manchester City team?

I hope Kolarov & Sterling eff those chaps up! #teameva

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Man City proved in gw1 that they're a stickler for history repeating type scorelines.

#Isaiditwillbe1-1!

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:You mean the same Chelsea team that failed to keep a clean sheet in any of the three fixtures last season vs the very same Manchester City team?

I hope Kolarov & Sterling eff those chaps up! #teameva
Well you can rule out the FA Cup. In the first match Chelsea did indeed play for the nil-nil and got a counter to go into the lead. They gave up an 86 minute equalizer to Lampard if you remember and it was one of 2 shots in the game. In the second Chelsea did not set up for the nil-nil and went for it. After getting the lead late in the first half they gave up a goal to Silva on the last kick of the half. Otherwise I have no doubt they would've come out in a park the bus situation and shut it down. Point being is that if you want to go off of history of last season, the first time they played which was early in the season was also at the Etihad and Jose set up for the nil-nil. He will do it again and I think holding a team like city to 2 shots is a success and you would consider them conceding in those conditions unfortunate.

Playing both Kolorov and Azpilicueta, expecting a minimum of 12 points from the two

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Bench Coates(NOR) or Targett(EVE)? I'm playing Cedric already.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

arv wrote:Bench Coates(NOR) or Targett(EVE)? I'm playing Cedric already.
Targett IMO. Otherwise might as well drop Coates for a non-playing defender if you won't start him at home v NOR.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

SuperGrover wrote:
Targett IMO. Otherwise might as well drop Coates for a non-playing defender if you won't start him at home v NOR.
+1

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

ctibbits wrote:Playing both Kolorov and Azpilicueta, expecting a minimum of 12 points from the two
Yeah it might be 0-0 but the odds are against it. SkyBet is offering 10-1 on such a wager. If you are so confident i would definitely wager on it at that price.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

ctibbits wrote:Expect Ramires to take Oscars place and play next to Matic or even Mikel. Don't get too caught up in the results for Week 1. Its the same City team and the same Chelsea team as last season.
If Mikel is playing, City is scoring. He has no capability of shutting down Silva in the midfield. None.

Keep in mind that City have been shut out at home 3 times the past 3 seasons. Again, it could happen but odds are against it. Certainly more likely Southampton shut out Everton (Sky bet has it exactly twice as likely that Everton get shut out than City).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

nufctoon wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:
+2

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

I can't decide between Jerome (vs SUN) or Chadli (vs STO) - Jerome looked quite good when he came on in last match and did scored a goal which should've been allowed, plus if Sunderland defends like they did in first GW, then there should be goals from Norwich. Meanwhile Chadli has a good home fixture too and should be involved plenty too.
Last edited by Ralfbergs on 13 Aug 2015, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

PittsburghBG
Kevin and Perry

Post by PittsburghBG »

Coates or sinclair? Coates is muforth defender this week

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ralfbergs wrote:I can't decide between Jerome (vs SUN) or Chadli (vs STO) - Jerome looked quite good when he came on in last match and did scored a goal which should've been allowed, plus if Sunderland defends like they did in first GW, then there should be goals from Norwich. Meanwhile Chadli has a good home fixture too and should be involved plenty too.
I would play Chadli myself. Playing at home, for a better team, albeit against tough opposition.

Norwich will probably fancy their chances, but Sunderland away isn't an easy fixture, and I can't envisage Advocaat letting them be that porous defensively again. I'm starting my Sunderland defender, if that adds any weight to the argument.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Chamberlain still going to start?

Tossing up between him and Anya (home to WBA)

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

For me it's bench one of Azpi or Oxford. Leaning towards Azpi but i've seen today that Obiang is back in full training. Wouldn't be ideal for Oxford to come on for the last few mins.

Obiang article here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/spo ... 47696.html

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Aar0n_28 wrote:For me it's bench one of Azpi or Oxford. Leaning towards Azpi but i've seen today that Obiang is back in full training. Wouldn't be ideal for Oxford to come on for the last few mins.

Obiang article here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/spo ... 47696.html
After the match Oxford had, I dont think he'll lose his spot. More than likely the opposite will happen and Obiang will get eased back in and come on for last 10-15min or so...

He's only just returned to training - no matches or anything - so Bilic starting him seems highly unlikely.

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Struggling to decide between Kaboul and Targett - obviously Southampton's fixture is tougher (Everton home as opposed to Norwich home) but my regret for even bringing in Kaboul is pretty immense :oops:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”