To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who to bench thread 2015/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: Who to bench thread 2015/16

Post by Hotstepper »

Sutter Kane wrote:Interesting early clean sheet odds. Liverpool EVENS home to Stoke, Arsenal 17/10 at West Ham, Bournemouth 8/5 at Villa, Leicester 8/5 at Sunderland...I'm seriously considering benching Bellerin and Koscielny and playing Moreno, Smith and Simpson!
Similar, I'm currently benching Bellerin & Gabriel, and playing Ward, Simpson & Sakho.

gingafalcao
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL : 121th
FPL : 2018/19 : 1st Belgium

Post by gingafalcao »

I am undecided between Ivanovic Vs Bellerin and Payet Vs Alli?
Ivanovic(most likely clean sheet) and Payet (hoping another free kick)?

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

one from Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, Coutinho, Welbeck

Currently benching Welbeck

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Arsenal4EvERr wrote:one from Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, Coutinho, Welbeck

I think I'd do the same.

I've made a few light references to it, but now we're approaching the sort of time where I actually have to start to make a decision;

Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Lennon, Bolasie
Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Currently benching Payet? :shock:

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

Notned wrote:

I think I'd do the same.

I've made a few light references to it, but now we're approaching the sort of time where I actually have to start to make a decision;

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

I feel your pain. I have a very similar dilemma. Do you mind if I ask what your thinking is?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JVRB48 wrote:
Notned wrote:

I think I'd do the same.

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

I feel your pain. I have a very similar dilemma. Do you mind if I ask what your thinking is?
Well, Lukaku/Lennon/Bolasie obviously all have doubles, so they play. And to my mind Aguero and Kane are unbenchable. Did briefly consider Kane, but after falling a further two points behind in the title race, that is a must win game for the. And he is on fire.

So that leaves Sanchez v Mahrez v Payet. On the face of it, Mahrez is probably the least 'in form', but he typically does better away from home, and if Sunderland go for it (which presumably they have little choice but to do, needing wins now) I could see a potential haul. Plus I've kept him with this three game run in mind; can't help but think if I bench him he may as well be the one to make way for a Liverpool mid now. Sanchez is coming into really good form, is explosive, and Payet typically tends to do better away from Upton Park too, so that's the way I'm currently leaning. Although his set piece proficiency is a big worry.

It's a ridiculously tough call, that's for sure!
Last edited by Notned on 07 Apr 2016, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Notned wrote:Payet typically tends to do better away from Upton Park too, so that's the way I'm currently leaning. Although his set piece profligacy is a big worry.
I think you mean his set piece proficiency. :lol:

The man is anything but profligate with his set pieces. :wink:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Notned wrote:Payet typically tends to do better away from Upton Park too, so that's the way I'm currently leaning. Although his set piece profligacy is a big worry.
I think you mean his set piece proficiency. :lol:

The man is anything but profligate with his set pieces. :wink:
Yeah that's the one! :oops:

And now I'm going to swiftly edit the original post to prevent further embarrassment..

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Notned wrote:And now I'm going to swiftly edit the original post to prevent further embarrassment..
I think that ship has sailed. :lol:

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Feels weird doing a WC team and then automatically benching Monreal and Martial but I guess that's the way of it

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

just looked through my benching decision for the week, and it looks like i might bench Bellerín despite his recent offensive returns. playing Bertrand, Daniels and Fuchs over him. At the other end i guess im benching Allí unless Firmino isn´t ready in time.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Terry Henry wrote:
fred1266 wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:Sanchez
Mahrez
Payet
Alii
Siggy
Aguero
Vardy
Kane

Help ?
Alli
Hmmm, I should have taken Alli and Kane out of the running as they're not being benched. I think it boils down to: Sanchez, Payet and Vardy, currently have Sanchez benched :shock: But can't decide for sure.
Payet

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Kane or Payet to bench?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

swadd1er wrote:Kane or Payet to bench?
Payet, reluctantly. Similar dilemma for me, as above.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I need to bench three from:

Huth(SUN) Bellerin(WH) Daniels(AVL) Alder(MU), Cresswell (ARS)
Ozil(WH) Payet (ARS), Ali(MU)

Obviously only two can be defenders and no AOA available.

My instinct is to bench the Spurs boys & Creswell.

Nailed on I have Lennon, Mahrez, Kane, Aguero & Lukaku

I have £2.1M ITB and have considered spending it but it would be a points hit......Ozil to Sanchez would be nice but why not wait until next week?

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Bench three:

Sakho STK
Mangala WBA
Gabriel whu
Lanzini ARS
Mitrovic sou

Currently going with 4-4-2 and benching Gabriel, Lanzini and Mitrovic. If I was to make a change, I'd probably go with 3-4-3 and bench Sakho instead of Mitrovic. :roll:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Weisenwolf wrote:I need to bench three from:

Huth(SUN) Bellerin(WH) Daniels(AVL) Alder(MU), Cresswell (ARS)
Ozil(WH) Payet (ARS), Ali(MU)

Obviously only two can be defenders and no AOA available.

My instinct is to bench the Spurs boys & Creswell.

Nailed on I have Lennon, Mahrez, Kane, Aguero & Lukaku

I have £2.1M ITB and have considered spending it but it would be a points hit......Ozil to Sanchez would be nice but why not wait until next week?
I'd probably bench Bellerin and Cresswell, along with Alli yes. I think Alderweireld is just a little better than Bellerin this week.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

West Ham have only failed to score at home once this season, whereas Man U have failed away about 4 times. I'm benching Monreal and playing Alder.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

Notned wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:
Notned wrote:

I think I'd do the same.

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Well, Lukaku/Lennon/Bolasie obviously all have doubles, so they play. And to my mind Aguero and Kane are unbenchable. Did briefly consider Kane, but after falling a further two points behind in the title race, that is a must win game for the. And he is on fire.

So that leaves Sanchez v Mahrez v Payet. On the face of it, Mahrez is probably the least 'in form', but he typically does better away from home, and if Sunderland go for it (which presumably they have little choice but to do, needing wins now) I could see a potential haul. Plus I've kept him with this three game run in mind; can't help but think if I bench him he may as well be the one to make way for a Liverpool mid now. Sanchez is coming into really good form, is explosive, and Payet typically tends to do better away from Upton Park too, so that's the way I'm currently leaning. Although his set piece proficiency is a big worry.

It's a ridiculously tough call, that's for sure!
Certainly is tough. I've a similar set. Bolasie,Lennon and Lukaku all double games so givens, Aguero undroppable like you say.

Leaves me Coutinho, Payet, Sanchez & Sturridge to choose from.

Until last week's performance I'd previously set up my squad accepting I'd bench Sanchez this week, but can't do that when he now appears to be in form. Looks like Sturridge, as his gametime uncertain, and more I think about benching more I think I've made a mistake having him in my WC team last week. Surely a 9.9m striker at home to Stoke should be a certain selection??? Either way looks like Sturridge now, but it does make me uncomfortable

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

BobMem wrote:West Ham have only failed to score at home once this season, whereas Man U have failed away about 4 times. I'm benching Monreal and playing Alder.
Good point

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Right guys, I'll be going out and (for want of a better term) 'getting on it' before too long, so need to get myself set in case I miss the deadline tomorrow morning..

Robles
Bellerin, Sakho, Simpson
Sanchez, Mahrez, Bolasie, Lennon
Aguero, Kane, Lukaku (C/TC?)

Darlow, Payet, Gabriel, Rojo.

Correct starting line up and bench order?

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Yeah probably Notned. I'm in a similar boat with the news that Yaya is available, and i'm considering benching Ozil over Payet to accommodate him but that seems mental on paper....but on form its the right call.

Sanchez on the other hand is on form, so its probably the right call.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Ditto

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Notned wrote:
swadd1er wrote:Kane or Payet to bench?
Payet, reluctantly. Similar dilemma for me, as above.
I may bench Coutinho as I feel Klopp will reduce his minutes with Dortmund at Anfield next week. If West Ham get a free kick in 'Payet range' I'd be looking away if I have him benched. Decisions..

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Hey homies, been a while since I've need help within this thread, but can I get some confirmation or opposition in regards to making the right call on benching Martial this gw rather than Payet, Ozil, or Sanchez? (ok, maybe not Sanchez, but I felt like Ozil would be upset if I didn't include him)

Just not sure if I should hedge my bets and maybe play Martial over the recently quiet Ozil considering I would still have Sanchez representing Arsenal, and the inform Payet at home in a match I can see them badly wanting to prove themselves in. I see this as a big test for WH, in the sense that I think they would view a win as confirmation for themselves, and everyone else, that they deserve to be where they are, and seriously contend with the big boys and that top 4 spot.

I know that's a little dramatic, but just being honest as I see it.

So I guess I just went the long way around to asking Martial or Ozil? :lol:

I know Martial seems the obvious choice with MU's away form and the Spurs defence all round good form, but does anyone else think this could be a massive clash that provides more than we may expect? MU would take huge confidence from knocking off one of the best teams in the league this season to edge closer to that 4th spot, whilst also acting as the catalyst to draw confidence from as they embark on a kind run that could potentially all but seal that 4th spot, or even dare I say a higher placed finish? Likewise Spurs would no doubt be viewing the contest much the same in what is still a must win game if they want to stay in touch with Leicester.

I just feel as though whilst we are expecting a tight contest, the nervous or anxious energy that this match could potentially come with could see both teams playing a more attacking style to ensure victory, rather than risk sitting back and putting added pressure on what would have to be a faultless defensive display to keep their opponent out. Doing so could prove a risky strategy imo, as one slip up could be easily punished by in form Kane and Co. for Spurs, and a much improving counter attacking Manchester United.

Do they go for the 1-0 result like top dogs Leicester have been doing so well, or will they press forward confidently from the outset in the hope of dominating their opponents early? I guess form and history points towards the former occurring, but with so much at stake late on in the season I think we may see a more attacking end to end type contest.

Or am I just deluded and saying what I want to see rather than what's more likely to transpire? :lol:

Thoughts, advice, complaints or disapproval's? I'll take them all in equal measure! :P

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

a very interesting post, and far beyond my ability to analyze the motives behind a football game (or to put them in english words at least)

FWIW FFS gives 4.71 points projections to Ozil, and 3.1 to Martial (FFFix 4.58 & 3.2)
another often offered advice here is to check the bookies odds
____

I have another dilemma, also related to the TOT-MUN match:
I have taken a gamble for GW33 (maybe ill-advised, but it's a gamble indeed),
and now I'm in doubt

Bench Alderweireld or Alli :?:
I was benching Alder in first draft, then it looked too weird to me and now I have Alli sitting :?
(other benching options would be indeed Payet / Ozil as NED hinted too, or Fuchs)

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

MoSe wrote:a very interesting post, and far beyond my ability to analyze the motives behind a football game (or to put them in english words at least)

FWIW FFS gives 4.71 points projections to Ozil, and 3.1 to Martial (FFFix 4.58 & 3.2)
another often offered advice here is to check the bookies odds
____

I have another dilemma, also related to the TOT-MUN match:
I have taken a gamble for GW33 (maybe ill-advised, but it's a gamble indeed),
and now I'm in doubt

Bench Alderweireld or Alli :?:
I was benching Alder in first draft, then it looked too weird to me and now I have Alli sitting :?
(other benching options would be indeed Payet / Ozil as NED hinted too, or Fuchs)
Thanks Mose, those projections are a great help and definitely something for me to consider. :wink:

Regarding your dilemma, I definitely wouldn't bench Fuchs or Payet, as I can see both getting something from their respective games.

Considering the projections you provided, maybe Ozil is worth backing this gw, however I do see both teams scoring in the TOT vs. MU game, so if I was in your situation, I would almost certainly bench Alderweireld and play Alli.

If I'm wrong and the Spurs match is a tight affair, I still think at the very least we'll see a 2-3 goal game with the goals split between both sides, so I'd be more inclined to back the attacking prowess of Alli given he's been so involved in most of Spurs attacking displays thus far. This is the type of game Alder could pop up and bag a goal in, however you'd have to think the odds of attacking returns are more in favor of Alli given he plays in the hole, and often drifts into Kane's more advanced position when Kane draws the defenders further out in field to open up that space for Alli.

So my advice is play Alli, Ozil, Payet and Fuchs, and like me just hope for the best! :lol:

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

Coutinho or Martial
Bellerin or Smalling

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Detroit City FC wrote:Coutinho or Martial
Bellerin or Smalling
Easy one DC, Coutinho and Bellerin. :wink:

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

NoEyeDeer wrote:
Detroit City FC wrote:Coutinho or Martial
Bellerin or Smalling
Easy one DC, Coutinho and Bellerin. :wink:
yeah Bellerin seems easy. Thinking Kloop might rest Countinho though with the EL 2nd leg next week...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”