To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

Post by BobMem »

I'm also a non-twitterer and not on FFS either, so this thread is invaluable. Cheers.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:@ Finisher

I'm not sure it's worth it but I'll make one more attempt...

1. This is FISO
2. Thanks to liquidfootball we have a thread of press conference news which he keeps updated
3. That's a good thing for FISO
4. The fact that you or I can get the same information elsewhere is irrelevant
5. The fact that you or I can get it from the same source liquidfootball does is also irrelevant
6. What is relevant is that he makes FISO more comprehensive by putting it here
7. And for that he deserves some thanks (which is why I thanked him).

I think your comments are ungracious to be honest. Like the sick man whose only response when his kindly neighbour brought him a plate of stew for his dinner was to say "no dessert?".
It's good to copypaste those tweets here with an attempt to prompt some discussion, but sadly, most generally they just stay here copypasted with no additional value offered by anyone. It's not liquids's fault since he just copypastes those tweets here and that's a decent job, but this thread is basically "read here copypasted FFS tweets" -thread.

I am too thorough and too careful regarding FPL, so no way I could ever 100% trust that someone remembers to copypaste those tweets here. Therefore I just make it easy for myself and just follow FFS twitter feed where those tweets are originally published, and I guess I haven't missed a single tweet the whole season :lol: FFS twitter feed, it is just gold.

I also read regularly this thread, but disappointingly too often I just find copypasted tweets here and nothing else. I don't blame anyone, since liquid does a decent work and it's not anyone's responsibility to offer any additional information. I'm just saying this thread offers very little value to anyone who is capable to type " www.twitter.com/ffscout ".

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:@ liquidfootball

Thanks for this thread and posting the snippets of info. Really good stuff. I usually watch the Chelsea presser but I sometimes miss things from other ones.
You can also follow Twitter page by Fantasy Football Scout. Nearly all of those tweets liquid posts here are word by word the tweets from FFS Twitter page.

Here it is: http://www.twitter.com/ffscout
I see all those tweets. :| But liquidfootball takes the trouble to post them here and I appreciate that.
Entirely agree. I think Finishers comments are a bit unfair to the effort Liquid goes to to convey the information across to be honest, and reading the subsequent posts suggest the majority feel the same.

I do read those tweets from time to time, but not everyone has access to twitter or the inclination to do so, so having them all nicely summarised here in what is presumably the first port of call for many is very helpful imo.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

I use tapatalk on the tram to quickly jib in and out of fiso. I don't have time to trawl through twitter and ffs as well so appreciate liquids efforts here and subscribe to the thread for new notifications. Keep it up liquid!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Notned wrote:I do read those tweets from time to time, but not everyone has access to twitter or the inclination to do so, so having them all nicely summarised here in what is presumably the first port of call for many is very helpful imo.
You don't need twitter account or anything else, you just need an internet browser where you can type http://www.twitter.com/ffscout

Not sure why you wouldn't have that access if you have access to FISO. I though FISO is on internet, right? :lol:
thebillfella wrote:I use tapatalk on the tram to quickly jib in and out of fiso. I don't have time to trawl through twitter and ffs as well so appreciate liquids efforts here and subscribe to the thread for new notifications. Keep it up liquid!
You couldn't have more neat and clear website than www.twitter.com/ffscout . I'm not sure why people think reading twitter page is so complicated, hey folks, it's a basic website, you don't need any additional accounts or anything. If you can read news online you can read twitter online.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 12 Jan 2016, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Ruth_NZ wrote:@ Finisher

I'm not sure it's worth it but I'll make one more attempt...

1. This is FISO
2. Thanks to liquidfootball we have a thread of press conference news which he keeps updated
3. That's a good thing for FISO
4. The fact that you or I can get the same information elsewhere is irrelevant
5. The fact that you or I can get it from the same source liquidfootball does is also irrelevant
6. What is relevant is that he makes FISO more comprehensive by putting it here
7. And for that he deserves some thanks (which is why I thanked him).

I think your comments are ungracious to be honest. Like the sick man whose only response when his kindly neighbour brought him a plate of stew for his dinner was to say "no dessert?".
+1

I use twitter and all source of social media, but its also good to have an thread like this here where some people actually do the work to help others :)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Re: RE: Re: The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

Post by thebillfella »

Finisher1 wrote:
Notned wrote:I do read those tweets from time to time, but not everyone has access to twitter or the inclination to do so, so having them all nicely summarised here in what is presumably the first port of call for many is very helpful imo.
You don't need twitter account or anything else, you just need an internet browser where you can type http://www.twitter.com/ffscout

Not sure why you wouldn't have that access if you have access to FISO. I though FISO is on internet, right? Image
thebillfella wrote:I use tapatalk on the tram to quickly jib in and out of fiso. I don't have time to trawl through twitter and ffs as well so appreciate liquids efforts here and subscribe to the thread for new notifications. Keep it up liquid!
You couldn't have more neat and clear website than http://www.twitter.com/ffscout . I'm not sure why people think reading twitter page is so complicated, hey folks, it's a basic website, you don't need any additional accounts or anything. If you can read news online you can read twitter online.
It's another few presses - I'm a busy man!

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Finisher1 wrote:

Not sure why you wouldn't have that access if you have access to FISO. I though FISO is on internet, right? :lol:

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Same sentiments here, this is one of my regular "goto threads" - a big thanks to Liquid for helping keep it going.

Ardrageen
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Retired from FPL. Used to be ok at it. 120th FPL. 1st FFS HOF.

Post by Ardrageen »

Finisher1 wrote:I'm not sure why people think reading twitter page is so complicated, hey folks, it's a basic website, you don't need any additional accounts or anything. If you can read news online you can read twitter online
Twitter is blocked at work, FISO is not so therefore I find Liquidfootball's updates very useful.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Gowanyalanger wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:I'm not sure why people think reading twitter page is so complicated, hey folks, it's a basic website, you don't need any additional accounts or anything. If you can read news online you can read twitter online
Twitter is blocked at work, FISO is not so therefore I find Liquidfootball's updates very useful.
People are different. I assume if I were in your position I would read twitter by my mobile phone or after work, because I want to be 100% sure I can read 100% of FFS tweets. I wouldn't foolishly trust that of course someone copypastes them here, because then I might miss some information.

To conclude, I'm overwhelmed how complicated it appears to be for some people here to read twitter page for some reason or another :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twitter is not a monster, it's just a basic website you can read with an internet browser by computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet or whatever. Just like any other webpage. You don't need any accounts or anything, twitter is just a general website.

Unless you live in China or North Korea.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Just don't visit this thread if your don't find it useful Finisher1, at least you won't clog it up with this irrelevant discussion on whether Twitter is better

Anyway, today's press conferences:

Norwich: 09:30
Everton: 12:00
Tottenham: 12:30
Man City: 12:45
Chelsea: 13:15
Southampton: 14:30
Stoke: 14:30

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

asm_fanz wrote:at least you won't clog it up with this irrelevant discussion on whether Twitter is better
I didn't, the others did.

It's not the first time my post is followed by a shit storm when I actually haven't said anything offensive or anything untrue. I just said this thread offers very little value for people who are capable to type " http://www.twitter.com/ffscout ", that's all.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

The majority of information on FISO 'can' be found elsewhere. Do we stop posting scorers in the Rounded Keeper because the BBC do an update so it's unnecessary duplication? Etc. Etc.
There are times when one voice otherwise proves the rule, in this case that many find the effort helpful. Thank you liquid.

Finisher, as I can see nobody is trying to change your practices and I respect that you prefer to source information from elsewhere

Ardrageen
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Retired from FPL. Used to be ok at it. 120th FPL. 1st FFS HOF.

Post by Ardrageen »

Thanks for press conference times asm_fanz. Looking forward to some news on Lukaku.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

It's getting quite bizarre tbh. So, if I'm at work, on my computer, on FISO reading other topics, Finisher1 is telling me to whip out my mobile phone and head to twitter, instead of just checking the new posts in this topic, on the same computer, one click away?

I get it, Finisher1, you're super OCD about missing any presser info, so feel free to prefer twitter. Others prefer this thread and are thankful to liquid for keeping it active.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:It's getting quite bizarre tbh. So, if I'm at work, on my computer, on FISO reading other topics, Finisher1 is telling me to whip out my mobile phone and head to twitter, instead of just checking the new posts in this topic, on the same computer, one click away?

I get it, Finisher1, you're super OCD about missing any presser info, so feel free to prefer twitter. Others prefer this thread and are thankful to liquid for keeping it active.
No, like I wrote before "it doesn't do any harm", so yes, feel free to copypaste FFS tweets here, that's fine. I just said it offers very little value to anyone who can type " http://www.teitter.com/ffscout ", that's all.
Smurphy's Paw wrote:The majority of information on FISO 'can' be found elsewhere. Do we stop posting scorers in the Rounded Keeper because the BBC do an update so it's unnecessary duplication? Etc. Etc.
Yes, everything can be found elsewhere, but FFS twitter feed is a very well-known goldmine and basic tool for every serious FPL managers. I guess 100% of serious FPL managers know that page and are following that page at certain level.

The Rounded Keeper is just a chat thread.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Finisher1 wrote: I want to be 100% sure I can read 100% of FFS tweets. I wouldn't foolishly trust that of course someone copypastes them here, because then I might miss some information.
Do you not see the irony here?

You are 'foolishly' trusting that FFS copy and paste all the relevant tweets from the twitterverse...... (I acknowledge this thread becomes second hand and as such is further reduced from 100% reliability)

----

From my point of view, I think FFS has brought some good resources (this twitter thing, injuries and the team predictions) which I use (together with others like the BBC, my club's page and Bram's stats and grids) but I don't regularly 'live' there. I far more often casually often come onto FISO and this is one of the threads I will always check out so it is very useful and often generates discussions and comments and info from non (FFS) twitter sources.

A it is of great use to all FF players it shouldn't be in the FPL forum/ghetto but that is another issue and I've given up trying to get FISO moderators to sort stuff like that.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Finisher1 wrote:It's not the first time my post is followed by a shit storm when I actually haven't said anything offensive or anything untrue. I just said this thread offers very little value for people who are capable to type " http://www.twitter.com/ffscout ", that's all.
Yes, I've also noticed that seems to happen a lot with your posts... so what does that tell us? :wink:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Get all my pre match teams/injuries etc off Sky sports or this site. Don't use twitter myself and never thought to use it to see team news. The guy who copies and pastes it from twitter onto this site has done me a favour. Keep it up saves me from visiting elsewhere.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

So I think it's pretty conclusive, we like it all on here, thanks to those who update it, Finisher1 back in your box

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Back to the nuggets please. I love me some nugget.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

jacksosi wrote:So I think it's pretty conclusive, we like it all on here, thanks to those who update it, Finisher1 back in your box Image
Yes, but to be fair, Finisher didn't say anything inaccurate even if he perhaps missed the sentiment. No-one needs to be demonised here. :)

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:Image
Hopefully this slows the Lukaku sellers down and avoids a price drop for us loyal keepers!

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

LAMPS27 wrote:Hopefully this slows the Lukaku sellers down and avoids a price drop for us loyal keepers!
I noticed that the Fantasy Football Fix Assistant Manager App was very keen on a Lukaku sell this week. Might explain why a lot are shipping him.
Next two fixtures aren't great but it's form over fixtures for me in this instance.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

maradonash wrote:
LAMPS27 wrote:Hopefully this slows the Lukaku sellers down and avoids a price drop for us loyal keepers!
I noticed that the Fantasy Football Fix Assistant Manager App was very keen on a Lukaku sell this week. Might explain why a lot are shipping him.
Next two fixtures aren't great but it's form over fixtures for me in this instance.
It's not even form over fixtures. Everton's next 6: mci che SWA NEW sto WBA (and there is also the possibility of a DGW in there). City (a) is not a bad fixture for Lukaku, Everton don't need to win the game for him to score FPL points. Chelsea (a) is a harder one but he has a point to make against his old club. The four that follow are a good run of games.

But don't let me discourage anyone from selling. The less that have him the happier I will be. :mrgreen:

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
maradonash wrote:
It's not even form over fixtures. Everton's next 6: mci che SWA NEW sto WBA (and there is also the possibility of a DGW in there). City (a) is not a bad fixture for Lukaku, Everton don't need to win the game for him to score FPL points. Chelsea (a) is a harder one but he has a point to make against his old club. The four that follow are a good run of games.

But don't let me discourage anyone from selling. The less that have him the happier I will be. :mrgreen:
Sad news for me tho, as an injured Lukaku would have made my benching problem alot easier :(

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Always seemed a short term measure that either burns transfers or will need a hit to get him back.

Surprised no one has used the 'fixture proof' tag yet, regardless that the next 2 aren't really the bad fixture they would have been last year.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm not sure whether I am happy with the Lukaku news or not. I never considered selling him, so it should be, but it means I actually have to make a benching decision now!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”