To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

Post by liquidfootball2 »

@FFScout: Ranieri on Vardy: "I speak all the time with the doctors and the physio and if they tell me he’s 100 per cent he’ll play. I don't want to risk a player for a match then lose him for a month." 'LCFC

That quote is one of several

@BenDinnery: Leonardo Ulloa "is ready to play," but Ranieri hints that Okazaki and Kramaric could miss out due to fatigue "travel is long." #LCFC

Jamie Vardy "is highly likely to play" having trained "pain-free today" [via @JamesNursey] #LCFC

Mirror journalist so usually disregard but tweeted

@MsiDouglas fyi I am at Leicester, Vardy has trained today, is pain-free and highly likely to play Saturday
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 19 Nov 2015, 14:52, edited 3 times in total.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

liquidfootball2 wrote:@FFScout: Ranieri on Vardy: "I speak all the time with the doctors and the physio and if they tell me he’s 100 per cent he’ll play. I don't want to risk a player for a match then lose him for a month." 'LCFC
So we've not learned a great deal from that? I'd say he's 50/50 to start. Very tough one to deal with, especially having 2FT and currently not owning Lukaku :roll:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Signs look good for him starting, but making sure my subs are in the right order just in case

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

FFS managers' conference tweets this morning

LVG hopes Martial and Rooney could return in midweek v PSVhttps://t.co/3WaWV9BbYy

Carrick, Martial, Fellaini and Valencia ruled out through injury for United. Rooney (illness) also unavailablehttps://t.co/s7z2UzXUP2

Pulis: "Everyone's fit, everyone's raring to go and everyone's looking forward to the game".https://t.co/wA4qzXtrrt

Nathan Redmond (thigh) available for Norwich. Neil reveals winger was left out in GW12 as a precautionhttps://t.co/UnW0JFnFpz

Prodl ruled out for Watford. Late decision to be made on Jurado's fitnesshttps://t.co/4GGstQGp1n

Pieters also available for Stoke despite breaking nose in two places against Chelsea in GW12https://t.co/9wynEn0248

Stoke pair Diouf and Cameron "are ok" after arriving back late from internationals, reveals Hugheshttps://t.co/9wynEn0248

Koeman reveals Rodriguez may need to undergo foot surgery for Southamptonhttps://t.co/DDeCyVxIgP

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Van Gaal says Wilson is available but cannot play the full 90 minutes due to a lack of match rhythm. #MUTV

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

United haven't exactly being potent with Rooney and Martial available, god knows what they'll be like without either of them! 0-0, anyone?

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Van Gaal says Wilson is available but cannot play the full 90 minutes due to a lack of match rhythm. #MUTV
Good stuff Liquid.
Did he say who is playing up front?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

The Dazzler wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Van Gaal says Wilson is available but cannot play the full 90 minutes due to a lack of match rhythm. #MUTV
Good stuff Liquid.
No, the guy who does the ffs teamsheets Demi is a Utd fan and speculates that Wilson or Memphis Depay could lead the line as Louis van Gaal has conceded the former cannot play 90 minutes due to “a lack of match rhythm” - has Wilson in his predicted line up FWIW

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

What time is Pellegrini out to face the press today? 12:45?

Be a fascinating one re: Kun and Silva after they both trained yesterday

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
The Dazzler wrote:
Good stuff Liquid.
No, the guy who does the ffs teamsheets Demi is a Utd fan and speculates that Wilson or Memphis Depay could lead the line as Louis van Gaal has conceded the former cannot play 90 minutes due to “a lack of match rhythm” - has Wilson in his predicted line up FWIW
Memphis can't exactly have much match rhythm either. I can't see he has much option but to start Wilson and get 60 minutes out of him or so. You might see someone like Ashley Fletcher then get a spot on the bench.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 6m6 minutes ago

PELLEGRINI: “Sergio is fit – he’s ready to come back. David continues with some small sprain in his ankle so it’s a risk for him to play."

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

The Toon Man wrote:Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 6m6 minutes ago

PELLEGRINI: “Sergio is fit – he’s ready to come back. David continues with some small sprain in his ankle so it’s a risk for him to play."
FPL still continue to defy all logic and have had him all week as a 25% chance, still have.

Bellerin Mark II

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Big news for BONY and KUN

PELLEGRINI: "Unfortunately Samir Nasri is also injured. Bony and Vincent Kompany are also injured and will miss this game against @LFC."

Kun or Nacho to start?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

In other news, complete meltdown on FFS following Aguero news

Aguero (c) and hits all over the place

The site has gone mad

Suddenly FPL remove the 25% flag making him 100% - clueless
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 20 Nov 2015, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Surprisingly quiet here!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Reset captains poll, guarantee he'll at least equal Bony's total

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote:Surprisingly quiet here!
Well, we all pretty much knew he was very likely going to be back on the bench this week. The only thing that's changed today is that Pelle's wording suggests there's a chance he'll start.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

So frustrating I only did Bony to Lukaku last night as he was due to rise, should have held off for Aguero news. Will just need to wait until next week for Kun.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I think it's a very good chance as well, I'd now be surprised if Iheanacho was preferred or no centre-forward which is probably now the only realistic alternative. I can't see him getting much more than 60 though.

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Stemania wrote:
Well, we all pretty much knew he was very likely going to be back on the bench this week. The only thing that's changed today is that Pelle's wording suggests there's a chance he'll start.
I don't quite interpret it that that: “Sergio is fit – he’s ready to come back."

To me this suggests he's back on the team. Yes, he might start, but there's nothing specific to imply that he will start...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yes it's by far the most likely possibility though as there is little realistic alternative.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

PitchBookMaker wrote:
Stemania wrote:
I don't quite interpret it that that: “Sergio is fit – he’s ready to come back."

To me this suggests he's back on the team. Yes, he might start, but there's nothing specific to imply that he will start...
So we agree. There's a chance he'll start because he's fit (and this is surely a slightly stronger situation than him likely being fit enough for the bench). There was nothing in my wording to imply that he will start either. :P

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

Pellegrini has a way of being cryptically specific... unlike other managers who are completely ambiguous or just misleading...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Elliot available for Newcastle's clash with Leicester

https://t.co/NnNNBcPVOF

Cattermole back in training for Sunderland. Allardyce expects to have fully-fit squad for trip to Palace

https://t.co/s3b8Pd9Dns

Chadli recovering for Spurs but still sidelined. Bentaleb "not 100%" after sustaining knock for Algeria

https://t.co/9WkutxX5Ma

Gayle still out for Palace. Sako may not train tomorrow, though Wickham and Chamakh are both available

https://t.co/GeCbuzBH30

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Suddenly FPL remove the 25% flag making him 100% - clueless
Fantasy managers are spoon fed far too much these days. Irrelevant in a non prize game like FPL, less so in the more meaningful games. So a bit of mis-information isn't a bad thing at times. :wink:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Nothing new on Aguero in there really, is there? I thought we were all pretty much unanimous that he would get some minutes this week, but wouldn't be rushing to get him in until we saw him come through unscathed? That still seems the sensible play to me, and I'll be looking at getting him in next week (injury permitting) as planned.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Funniest line of the day

McClaren on Leicester City: "they're a very good team - very strong defensively"

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Thanks liquid for all the updates in this thread, much appreciated and saves me even having to leave FISO for the FFS team news page.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Sanchez has "a little hamstring problem". Wenger says: "I will assess that later. It might not be the right time to rest him”.

From the FFS Twitter feed (corroborated by Ben Dinnery). Enough to rule him out as a (c) choice this week, probably.

UPDATE: FPL Towers have now flagged Sanchez.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I have no doubt Sanchez will play if he is fit to, slight problem or not. The options we have due to injuries are so slim. Gibbs LM didn't work vs WBA.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”