To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Scott Sinclair

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Re: Scott Sinclair

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Sinclair all day long because he can score amazing bicycle kicks from outside the area and has cool dreadlocks.

oh......!

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Look out for Hoolahan as an alternative. According to FFS he'll play in the hole and is in charge of all set-pieces.

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

Are you sure about Hoolahan being in charge of all free-kicks? FFS don't have Robbie Brady listed but FFPortal have him prioritised on free-kicks...

http://www.fantasyfootballportal.com/#! ... akers/ckhi

I think Brady takes them for the Republic ... seem to recall him scoring a cracker against the States

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Serge Gnarby.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Big_George wrote:Are you sure about Hoolahan being in charge of all free-kicks? FFS don't have Robbie Brady listed but FFPortal have him prioritised on free-kicks...

I think Brady takes them for the Republic ... seem to recall him scoring a cracker against the States
I'm not sure at all, hence the mention to FFS...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Le Red wrote:
Big_George wrote:Are you sure about Hoolahan being in charge of all free-kicks? FFS don't have Robbie Brady listed but FFPortal have him prioritised on free-kicks...

I'm not sure at all, hence the mention to FFS...
Yeah, I think he was mentioned a couple of weeks ago on FISO. If I remember rightly there was a Norwich fan who suggested he's likely to be rotated a bit (and was a bit last season too). And that he thought Redmond was the one to own from them as he also takes some set pieces. Can't remember which thread it was in though. :oops:

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Budget Midfielders (£4.5m)

Post by JoonaR16 »

Just noticed Sinclair offers nice rotation with West Ham players when they have hard fixtures. I might invest extra 0,5m to him.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

JoonaR16 wrote:Just noticed Sinclair offers nice rotation with West Ham players when they have hard fixtures. I might invest extra 0,5m to him.
Yep, him and Sakho look a good opening pairing if you have the cash, though attacking rotation is rarely as effective as defensive rotation in my experience. :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:
JoonaR16 wrote:Just noticed Sinclair offers nice rotation with West Ham players when they have hard fixtures. I might invest extra 0,5m to him.
Yep, him and Sakho look a good opening pairing if you have the cash, though attacking rotation is rarely as effective as defensive rotation in my experience. :D
Sigurdsson :oops:

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Stemania wrote:
Sigurdsson :oops:
Made that mistake last season :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I benched Siggy for Armand Traoré in GW1 last year to miss the brace. :shock: :oops:

Just a terrible terrible mistake rather than a rotation thing though...

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

He didn't score 2 - goal, assist and BP's from memory! Think Ki got the other one.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Vsz wrote:He didn't score 2 - goal, assist and BP's from memory! Think Ki got the other one.
Ki scored the first and Siggy the second if I'm not mistaken. Don't remember if Siggy had an assist as well.

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

Le Red wrote:
Vsz wrote:He didn't score 2 - goal, assist and BP's from memory! Think Ki got the other one.
Ki scored the first and Siggy the second if I'm not mistaken. Don't remember if Siggy had an assist as well.
He did. Along with the full allocation of boni

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Either way, let's not dwell on the pain. :twisted:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I'm a United fan, which is why I remember the pain so vividly!

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

He could be an ideal transfer in for Mahrez at some point, does anyone know why he didn't feature v Crystal Palace in GW3?

The fact he's on penalties makes him look like a potential bargain at £4.9m at the moment.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Would also allow me to upgrade one of my £4.5m defenders to Darmian or Shaw or Targett to Cedric.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:does anyone know why he didn't feature v Crystal Palace in GW3?
Think he was just dropped. It's always going to be a problem with him I think - always one bad performance away from being replaced. Not exactly an ideal trait to have for a 4th midfielder in our teams.

Are we even certain he started this week on merit, or was it just as a result of the sickness bug in the Villa camp this week? In particular, Agbonlahor and Grealish both started the previous game but were out ill this week. Then there's also the apparent flop Jordan Ayew and fit again Gil vying for a place. I'd be nervous if I owned Sinclair and as relying on starts.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

I really rate Sinclair and he'd be in my team at 4.9m if he was nailed-on. But from the looks of it he isn't nailed-on which would make me very reluctant to pick him as a fourth/fifth midfielder. But no doubt he can generate points when he does play.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Too unreliable for a fourth mid, too expensive to be the fifth...

Frustrating really, as he has the potential to be a real bargain if he were nailed. If he was though, I guess he wouldn't be that price in the first place...

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

He's been in my team since the start and delighted I had him in my XI yesterday following his midweek hattrick :)

Goal line wreck
Kevin and Perry

Post by Goal line wreck »

I think he as much certain of scoring and being involved in attacking play for his club as much as any other 5.0 midfielders and below . And on pens. The question of game rime minutes is one for a lot of players in premier league. I think only Morrison's at WBA is a cheap midfield alternative. It all depends on where people want to spread the money as Sinclair will be a main player for villa but will villa get many goals or create chances?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Villa scored quite a lot of goals after Sherwood took over and still look half decent going forward, they just struggle at the back.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Goal line wreck wrote:Sinclair will be a main player for villa but will villa get many goals or create chances?
I don't think this is true, which is why for me he's not a good pick at the moment.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”