To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The best cheaper keeper 4.5M

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: The best cheaper keeper 4.5M

Post by DrBunker »

For those who doubled up on Leicester GKs, how are we all feeling now? I'm still not sure there's a pairing with better potential for their price but I'm open to suggestions...

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

DrBunker wrote:For those who doubled up on Leicester GKs, how are we all feeling now? I'm still not sure there's a pairing with better potential for their price but I'm open to suggestions...
I'm totally fine with it. If I was wildcarding right now I'd maybe look into other options, but definitely not planning any transfers. Even if I was on a wildcard I'd maybe hold them as fixtures are mostly pretty decent for next ~10 weeks.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I looked at the Norwich pair but prefer the Leicester fixtures and expect them to be more solid.

hammer_time
Wideboy

Post by hammer_time »

Butland / McCarthy anyone?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

hammer_time wrote:Butland / McCarthy anyone?
Yeah I agree but I ended up with guzan instead

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DrBunker wrote:For those who doubled up on Leicester GKs, how are we all feeling now? I'm still not sure there's a pairing with better potential for their price but I'm open to suggestions...
I've wildcarded, and switched them to Butland/McCarthy. Butland is in superb form and has a very good run of fixtures, and a starting keeper at 4m is too good an option to pass up on, in my opinion. Also a second option as and when Butland has a tough game in the future.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yes that's true well worth getting McCarthy if you're on a wildcard now. Whichever 4.5 rotates best with him is probably the way to go (haven't looked into who this is).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thesilkworm wrote:Yes that's true well worth getting McCarthy if you're on a wildcard now. Whichever 4.5 rotates best with him is probably the way to go (haven't looked into who this is).
To be honest I didn't look into it either. I have never been a fan of GK rotations before, so I just chose my favourite of the 4.5's and opted to look at it as my single keeper strategy. Except this time, it comes with the added bonus of the back up being a viable option in his own right, if and when needed.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yeah, I switched to Myhill / McCarthy, but didn't check rotations either!

I went for Myhill cause Pulis, and because I saw more value in Muniesa than a West Brom defender.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Notned wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Yes that's true well worth getting McCarthy if you're on a wildcard now. Whichever 4.5 rotates best with him is probably the way to go (haven't looked into who this is).
To be honest I didn't look into it either. I have never been a fan of GK rotations before, so I just chose my favourite of the 4.5's and opted to look at it as my single keeper strategy. Except this time, it comes with the added bonus of the back up being a viable option in his own right, if and when needed.
Gameweek five your keeper fixtures are MCI (h) and ARS (a) :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thesilkworm wrote:
Notned wrote:
I did see that! :lol:

Clean sheets are hugely unlikely, but I back both for decent save points. We saw last season that the budget keepers can still get some surprisingly good returns against the big teams.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Arsenal away is a good fixture for keepers at the moment - Arsenal have only scored in one of their last 6 home games in the league!!! ;)

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Notned wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:
Notned wrote:

Clean sheets are hugely unlikely, but I back both for decent save points. We saw last season that the budget keepers can still get some surprisingly good returns against the big teams.
This is why I'm trying out the doubling up option, I'm looking forward to not having to deliberate over decisions like this.

I also don't think I fancy bringing in a 4.0 'keeper who I'll have to find replacement for in a couple of months, I don't want to mess with my 'keepers all season if possible.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DrBunker wrote:
Notned wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:
Notned wrote:

This is why I'm trying out the doubling up option, I'm looking forward to not having to deliberate over decisions like this.

I also don't think I fancy bringing in a 4.0 'keeper who I'll have to find replacement for in a couple of months, I don't want to mess with my 'keepers all season if possible.
That's the same reason I always prefer the double up. Like I say, I'm not really viewing this as a rotation as such. Just the best (in my view) budget keeper, with a base price back up who has an added little bonus of providing another option here and there if needed.

For what it's worth though, I think there is a good chance McCarthy keeps his place anyway. Speroni isn't getting any younger, and can look a bit ropey at times.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

For what it's worth I did my own little analysis of cheapest regular defenders/keepers after GW2 (will have varied a bit now with price changes) and the only team that currently offers a £4.5m keeper that doesn't also offer a £4.5m defender is West Brom. I have the Leicester pair at the moment but tempted to bring Myhill in on my upcoming wildcard.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

OIEIAO wrote:For what it's worth I did my own little analysis of cheapest regular defenders/keepers after GW2 (will have varied a bit now with price changes) and the only team that currently offers a £4.5m keeper that doesn't also offer a £4.5m defender is West Brom. I have the Leicester pair at the moment but tempted to bring Myhill in on my upcoming wildcard.
Myhill was also a consideration. Great price for a good keeper in a solid defence. The problem being, that it almost guarantees needing a transfer once Foster is back. Assuming Myhill loses his place that is, which I would argue would be unfair.

Edit; Also, Olsson is 4.5m, although probably not nailed.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Notned wrote:
OIEIAO wrote:For what it's worth I did my own little analysis of cheapest regular defenders/keepers after GW2 (will have varied a bit now with price changes) and the only team that currently offers a £4.5m keeper that doesn't also offer a £4.5m defender is West Brom. I have the Leicester pair at the moment but tempted to bring Myhill in on my upcoming wildcard.
Myhill was also a consideration. Great price for a good keeper in a solid defence. The problem being, that it almost guarantees needing a transfer once Foster is back. Assuming Myhill loses his place that is, which I would argue would be unfair.

I think WBA have a strong interest in David Marshall as well at Cardiff mate. Myhill owner here and keeing an eye on that.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

The Username wrote:
Notned wrote:

I think WBA have a strong interest in David Marshall as well at Cardiff mate. Myhill owner here and keeing an eye on that.
Yeah I saw that too. Pretty happy with sticking with Butland/McCarthy myself.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Notned wrote:
The Username wrote:
Notned wrote:

Im a sucker for for a Tony Pullis defender mate, think from this point on WBA will be a top defence with their fixtures easing. Ive earmarked them and Swans for the value clean sheets this year. Also think the Utd defence is very underated and may prove to be great value over the course of a season.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

The Username wrote:
Notned wrote:
The Username wrote:
Notned wrote:

Im a sucker for for a Tony Pullis defender mate, think from this point on WBA will be a top defence with their fixtures easing. Ive earmarked them and Swans for the value clean sheets this year. Also think the Utd defence is very underatted and may prove to be great value.
Yeah I'm sure a WBA defender will be on the agenda before too long. With the signing of Fazio and rumours they are still in the market for another, there is a bit of uncertainty there at the moment though, which is what put me off. Dawson was a consideration for my wildcard, but I've opted for Naughton in that slot instead for now; fixtures aren't quite as good, but he is nailed, offers good attacking threat, and seems to attract the bonus points..

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Notned wrote:
The Username wrote:
Notned wrote:
The Username wrote:
Notned wrote:

Im a sucker for for a Tony Pullis defender mate, think from this point on WBA will be a top defence with their fixtures easing. Ive earmarked them and Swans for the value clean sheets this year. Also think the Utd defence is very underatted and may prove to be great value.
Yeah I'm sure a WBA defender will be on the agenda before too long. With the signing of Fazio and rumours they are still in the market for another, there is a bit of uncertainty there at the moment though, which is what put me off. Dawson was a consideration for my wildcard, but I've opted for Naughton in that slot instead for now; fixtures aren't quite as good, but he is nailed, offers good attacking threat, and seems to attract the bonus points..
Hoping Myhil can establish himself as no 1 until Foster is back in OCT a Tony Pulis defender at 4.5 mill is worth the punt IMO though it is that, certainly until we raise transfer funds. A few clubs have expressed an interest in Fazio mate, i know Everton have though not plan A. Pulis likes Evans i believe as well. But i believe LVG has little interst in balancing the books.

Naughton is a great choice and one who has made i may plan to work towards getting in long term, in a couple of weeks. I had him last year after his move at 4.4mill, he was superb and boni magnet, he was becoming one of the most transfered in players in the game until he got injured. I have kept an eye on him this year and again seems to be attracting bonus points and Swans are as good as anyone for clean sheets. My only concern is hes very injury prone, but hes at a nice price point with great fixtures untill mid Dec.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I've gone for Butland purely based on the fact that Stoke have the best fixtures of that mid table team lot.

I don't think any of those teams can be relied upon for CS's regardless of the fixtures, and that includes WB. So the best bet is to go for the one who has the best fixtures over the next few gw's, and hope you catch that short run of clean sheets that most of these lower teams with historically 'stronger' defenses tend to go on at random times each season.

They're cheap for a reason, so you get what you pay for, and can only hope you're lucky enough to get any bonus clean sheets, that of course could be more likely over an 'easier' run of fixtures.

My only concern with Butland is I heard he played last gw with a broken finger! :shock:

Not sure if that means he's now doubtful or not for the WB match?

Can anyone confirm any of this, and what his chances of playing this gw are?

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

Speroni/McCarthy pairing? On Saturday (date Speroni due back) I'm hoping the situation will be clearer.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Foster targeting October return:

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2015/ ... ber-return

Myhill therefore looks likely to play at least the next 5 games. The only problem though is that if Foster does go straight back into the team and you have to swap Myhill for somebody else, the keepers worthy of consideration at that point will likely have gone up in price to 4.6 - 4.8. So maybe its better to just settle on an alternative 4.5m keeper now. That said, none of them seem appealing. Butland is a good keeper but Stoke don't seem to have many clean sheets in them nor do any of the other teams at this price point. It would seem better to try and find the extra 0.6 and get either Mignolet or Romero.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

FWIW, I'm on the Myhill/McCarthy train too. I'm hoping that McCarty keeps his place and gives me an option for when Foster returns, but I'm also hopeful that Myhil won't be displaced immediately, and will have until he makes a mistake at least before he is dropped.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Sir Mixalot wrote:I like the sound of Butland
And he cannot lie.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Sir Mixalot wrote:I like the sound of Butland
And he cannot lie.
:lol: Bit of a stretch, that one.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Lindegard to West Brom?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

JVRB48 wrote:Lindegard to West Brom?
I've just wildcarded and opted for Butland over Myhill but have been regretting that decision and contemplating swapping Butland for Myhill with my free transfer.

This news certainly pours water over that idea. Will Lindeguard take Myhill's place though? He seems to have done well since taking over from Foster.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He's there for competition I would think (and as some injury backup). I mean, it would be pretty harsh to drop him surely.

Although as an owner of Myhill I may be biased.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”