To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

All Things FPL Suggested Players

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

All Things FPL Suggested Players

Post by Notned »

No idea whether the editor or any contributors post on here, but All Things FPL are in the process of doing some really good player recommendations at the moment. They're doing it in the form of a 4 part series for each position, recommending one player in each position for each club. The defensive articles are completed, and they have just started the midfield. Well worth a look if you have the time, with some interesting points raised...

https://allthingsfpl.com/

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: All Things FPL Suggested Players

Post by gallus »

Notned wrote:No idea whether the editor or any contributors post on here, but All Things FPL are in the process of doing some really good player recommendations at the moment. They're doing it in the form of a 4 part series for each position, recommending one player in each position for each club. The defensive articles are completed, and they have just started the midfield. Well worth a look if you have the time, with some interesting points raised...

Darmian and Coleman? I'm not impressed.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:
Notned wrote:No idea whether the editor or any contributors post on here, but All Things FPL are in the process of doing some really good player recommendations at the moment. They're doing it in the form of a 4 part series for each position, recommending one player in each position for each club. The defensive articles are completed, and they have just started the midfield. Well worth a look if you have the time, with some interesting points raised...

Darmian and Coleman? I'm not impressed.
Obviously you won't agree with every suggestion, with three recommendations for each club, but personally I am finding it to offer some useful insight. And in any case, I don't see why those particular suggestions would deter you... I would imagine many would back those two as the United and Everton defenders of choice. Definitely the former, anyway.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Darmian is not nailed (not even first choice according to LvG) and Coleman is overpriced compared to other players (Koscielny and Azpi come to mind). Though to be fair they had to recommend someone from Everton and they are all overpriced. :D

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:Darmian is not nailed (not even first choice according to LvG) and Coleman is overpriced compared to other players (Koscielny and Azpi come to mind). Though to be fair they had to recommend someone from Everton and they are all overpriced. :D
They aren't comparing Coleman to Koscielny et al though, they are comparing him to other Everton defenders... that's the point, one per club. Although I agree he wouldn't be my Everton defender of choice (not that any would right now!).

As I said with three players to be suggested from each club, thus 60 all in all, it is highly likely I won't even agree with half of them... always good to read a bit of reasoned analysis though, no?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I thought some of their articles where only available to paid up members now, which seemed to include some of the more interesting ones, such as the uber-rotation and these items on some of the less obvious teams.

I like ATFPL, it's just a shame that many of their best articles are now behind a paywall.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: All Things FPL Suggested Players

Post by liquidfootball2 »

gallus wrote:Darmian is not nailed (not even first choice according to LvG) and Coleman is overpriced compared to other players (Koscielny and Azpi come to mind). Though to be fair they had to recommend someone from Everton and they are all overpriced. :D
Yes agree on Everton, wouldn't even look at them atm. I've read on another site for Utd fans saying Shaw isn't really challenged and could be a better choice than Darmian. (if he can stay fit for more than the odd game of course)

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mav3rick wrote:I thought some of their articles where only available to paid up members now, which seemed to include some of the more interesting ones, such as the uber-rotation and these items on some of the less obvious teams.

I like ATFPL, it's just a shame that many of their best articles are now behind a paywall.
Yep I was interested byt the uber rotation article too, I considered using it last season actually but didn't in the end. Did they write an article on its results?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

asm_fanz wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I thought some of their articles where only available to paid up members now, which seemed to include some of the more interesting ones, such as the uber-rotation and these items on some of the less obvious teams.

Yep I was interested byt the uber rotation article too, I considered using it last season actually but didn't in the end. Did they write an article on its results?
I didn't see one. They did write up a general article about perfect home/away rotation pairing results but the findings were not surprising (it didn't work). Each season is different though so maybe it would work this year.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Hhmmm....
I gave £12.5 to FFS, I could give 8 to ATFPL

otoh I realise Opta Data will still be accessible for free by just registering
with Membership you only gain the Captaincy tips, and some exclusive articles... :|

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Darmain and Shaw will start the season as first choice full backs.
Shaw is the more attacking of the two, so if I had to choose one, it'd be him

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

While Shaw is a very attacking as full backs go he's never really made any attacking returns and he's not been able to put a run of games together recently.

I don't see much value in the United defence, can't see many clean sheets or many attacking returns. Prefer Arsenal short term and City long term for the price bracket.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”