To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Hector Bellerin (Arsenal defence)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Any Arsenal fans here to shed light on his starting chances?

Surely he's better than Debuchy now and worthy of a regular first team place?

5.5mil saves a handy 0.5 on Koscielny and if Bellerin starts he's the more likely to earn attacking points anyway IMO
Last edited by First Sub Podcast on 29 Jul 2015, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: Hector Bellerin

Post by Vsz »

Yeah, he's probably better than Debuchy but will still be rested at times.

I'd go Merte over Bell personally.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Merte place not under threat from Gabriel?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Hector Bellerin (Arsenal defence)

Post by Ashers »

Bellerin is first choice and probably the only one alongside Kos guaranteed a spot in defence.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

That was my thinking, especially from GW1-4 Bellerin surely isn't a rotation/rest risk?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Part of the reason being that a CB is much less likely to play a part game than a RB as well so although you want your 5.5mil player to be nailed on, prob worth considering.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Bell is first choice but not nailed on - there's a difference. He won't start every game in the way that someone like Ivanovic probably will.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

I prefer Bellerin to many other 5.5mil options

- Clyne/Skrtel tough away games I expect them to concede goals
- Kolarov/Clichy impossible to call
- Darmian, Jones or Shaw may do well but I'd like to see a settled back 4 and system first
- Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs rotation issue

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bellerin is a great player, but the potential to lose a bit of game time here and there is my issue. I expect he is first choice, but as mentioned that doesn't necessarily translate as nailed. Exactly the same scenario with Mert.

I genuinely think it's worth finding the extra money for Koscielny; virtually undroppable when fit, bonus point magnet, and a good attacking threat. Was one of the first names on my team sheet.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

My only worry with Kos is that he picks up injuries easily, 2200ish minute average for the last 3 seasons.

However, he is fit now and is nailed on admittedly. Not sure where I can find the extra 0.5m that's all :roll:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

The Toon Man wrote:My only worry with Kos is that he picks up injuries easily, 2200ish minute average for the last 3 seasons.

However, he is fit now and is nailed on admittedly. Not sure where I can find the extra 0.5m that's all :roll:
This is true. Although I guess at 6m it opens up plenty of options for a potential replacement should he pull up again.

I share your frustrations with the finance though; it's crazy how difficult it can be to free up such a relatively insignificant amount!

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

after bellerin's last season i would say hes likely to play more than debuchy, but when did wenger last have to choose vs bellerin and debuchy at the same fitness level?? hopefully we see the strongest arsenala and chelsea lineup at the community shield though.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Notned wrote:Bellerin is a great player, but the potential to lose a bit of game time here and there is my issue. I expect he is first choice, but as mentioned that doesn't necessarily translate as nailed. Exactly the same scenario with Mert.

I genuinely think it's worth finding the extra money for Koscielny; virtually undroppable when fit, bonus point magnet, and a good attacking threat. Was one of the first names on my team sheet.
Agree with this. I like Bellerin but not sure he will start all the time, I think Debuchy will attract selection at times.

Fudge Brownie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Fudge Brownie »

Id be careful with Bellerin, hes still young and Wenger wont play him every game. And is he really that much better than Debuchy? I kinda fear he might even be taken out of the limelight from time to time, much like Chambers was last season when everyone was fit.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

I believe Bellerin is the first choice and I don't see any reason to rest him at least until fixture congestion in 2016. But It would still be best to see first PL game to confirm he is indeed a first choice.

Monreal is the safest 5.5 defender imo .

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Yes, I had Bellerin in my initial draft, but now i've taken Bosscielny instead. Both Bellerin and Debuchy have started two pre season games each, Bellerin will be rotated with Debuchy I think, he has far more experience and defensively I think he comes out on top! The competition for positions in defence is quite good overall though, Cech and Kos are the only certainty's, Debuchy and Gibbs will have to push on to get their spots back and I think Gabriel and even Chambers will push Per for the other CB spot.

GobiLux
FISOhead

Post by GobiLux »

If you want defensive points from Arsenal go for Chech, Nobody in defence seems nailed on.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I'd say Koscielny is pretty nailed on, however The Toon Man makes a good point about his injury record

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

Another problem with Bellerin is that he is not type of the player "if he doesn't start, he won't come on". You can expect 1min cameo appearance everytime, thus killing your first sub

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

So true

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

Isalla wrote:Another problem with Bellerin is that he is not type of the player "if he doesn't start, he won't come on". You can expect 1min cameo appearance everytime, thus killing your first sub
He played 17 games plus 3 as sub in prem last season, once he had the shirt kept it, Wenger has a habit of bringing on a FB when he wants to kill a game, quickest player at club probably best crosser at club, there are a fair few players lot more risky, to me he is a probably will start most games

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I think Bellerin is fools gold. Debuchy is a top right back and is more than capable of winning his spot back. Monreal is more nailed on than Bellerin. Koscielny or nothing for me.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Isalla wrote:Another problem with Bellerin is that he is not type of the player "if he doesn't start, he won't come on". You can expect 1min cameo appearance everytime, thus killing your first sub
My point exactly, so you're better off with Merte (or Cech).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”