To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL All out attack chip

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Demi
Cheetah

FPL All out attack chip

Post by Demi »

Hi,

I just created this thread to discuss the above chip. I think most would agree that it's the least useful/important of the 3 chips. So my question is, can you "plan" to use it like the other 2 chips, or do you just use it whenever you feel like it. Maybe when your 5th mid has a great fixture, or when 2 or more of your defenders are injured, suspended or out of favour.

Is there a tactic to using this chip, and do you think it's just gonna be dependent on "luck" as to whether the chip ends up benefitting you in any particular gameweek.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: FPL All out attack chip

Post by Mav3rick »

Personally, I plan to use it at the end of the season when I have the highest squad value and can consider selling big hitters. I think I'll be able to spread the cash around more toward the end of the season.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Demi wrote:Hi,

I just created this thread to discuss the above chip. I think most would agree that it's the least useful/important of the 3 chips. So my question is, can you "plan" to use it like the other 2 chips, or do you just use it whenever you feel like it. Maybe when your 5th mid has a great fixture, or when 2 or more of your defenders are injured, suspended or out of favour.

Is there a tactic to using this chip, and do you think it's just gonna be dependent on "luck" as to whether the chip ends up benefitting you in any particular gameweek.
Welcome Demi :) I also plan to use it mid/end season when I know who is performing consistently! Fixtures probably will play a part also.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'll use it when/if I don't have 3 playing defenders.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Right now I'm only looking at it as a 'handy to have' if im looking a bit stuck with defenders that week and happen to have a decent 5th midfielder at the time. Might end up looking at it as part of one of my wildcards if I think maybe the following week's features I can engineer it without it otherwise interrupting my plans

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

JVRB48 wrote:Right now I'm only looking at it as a 'handy to have' if im looking a bit stuck with defenders that week and happen to have a decent 5th midfielder at the time. Might end up looking at it as part of one of my wildcards if I think maybe the following week's features I can engineer it without it otherwise interrupting my plans
Best to use it the week before rather than after a wildcard I'd have thought.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

Why before a wildcard?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Is this Demi from FFS?

There's a bit of discussion on it here.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

JVRB48 wrote:Why before a wildcard?
You can mess with your team structure right before a WC (i.e. overspend on front 8) and then get back to "normal" with the WC

Demi
Cheetah

Post by Demi »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Is this Demi from FFS?

There's a bit of discussion on it here.
It is, yes. Cheers for the link! Will read now

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

asm_fanz wrote:
You can mess with your team structure right before a WC (i.e. overspend on front 8) and then get back to "normal" with the WC
Nailed it :D

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

asm_fanz wrote:
Fair enough

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

It could be useful in the last few weeks if you have a situation where the big teams are already on the beach and this seasons Maloney & Kone are on fire. That or when you end up down to two at the back and don't want to waste a transfer on a defender who'll be back from suspension/injury the next week.

Either way I don't see any need to put any plan together for it now.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Mav3rick wrote:Personally, I plan to use it at the end of the season when I have the highest squad value and can consider selling big hitters. I think I'll be able to spread the cash around more toward the end of the season.
I think this would be the ideal use but it's more likely to be spent in the ocurrance of a defensive injury crisis. At least I always seem to have one of those in the course of every season...
It can also be used strategically for a H2H fixture or minigame.

d2024p
Treebeard

Post by d2024p »

If you are feeling brave you could set up a really weak back line for GW1, maximise forward points, and wildcard for GW2 to reset team balance. This would provide a nice early points boost and let you jump on any number of GW1 bandwagons whilst there are still millions of players caring enough about their team to keep prices rising and falling.

pompey1898
Wideboy

Post by pompey1898 »

I am considering using this GW2. I want to get Aguero in GW3 so will start with Rooney (and 2.5m spare). I as many always have a base midfielder so my thoughts are to start the season with Henderson instead and play a front 8 in GW2 (bench Sakho ARS A GW1). That will give me a front 8 of Hazard, Walcott, Sterling, Depay, Henderson, Rooney, Sakho and Rodriguez. I think this is the only time in the season I will not have a base price midfielder so could be worth using early. My plan is then be to use 2 free transfers to do Rooney/Henderson :arrow: Aguero/4.5m GW3.. also gives me a chance to access which 4.5m midfielder I would prefer. Anyone else been thinking along similar lines?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”