To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

5.5 strikers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

best 5.5 striker?

Deeney
37%
Wilson
15%
Defoe
33%
Bojan
7%
Agbonlahor (5.0)
4%
Jerome (5.0)
No votes
Ighalo (5.0)
2%
Naismith
2%

Total votes: 46

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

5.5 strikers

Post by gallus »

We already have a thread for promoted strikers, but what if we add proven budget strikers into the mix? make your pick.
Last edited by gallus on 28 Jul 2015, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Re: 5.5 strikers

Post by Corroded Soul »

No Naismith? I still think he will feature a fair bit.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Corroded Soul wrote:No Naismith? I still think he will feature a fair bit.
Added

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Defoe for me. Proven PL goalscorer, first 4 fixtures are good and he started every game last year.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Defoe is a proven goal scorer :D seriously
Last edited by fred1266 on 28 Jul 2015, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

gallus wrote:
Corroded Soul wrote:No Naismith? I still think he will feature a fair bit.
Added
Thanks gallus. :)

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Tried to change my vote from Deeney to Defoe, but couldn't. I don't like Watford's fixtures and they're yet to show what they can do in the Premier League. On the other hand, Sunderland's fixtures are great and, though they don't score many goals, I'd say Defoe is likely to be involved when they do. I saw somewhere he could be on pens, is that right?

eviljack
Treebeard

Post by eviljack »

I'm planning to rotate Deeney and Wilson (alongside Kane) until Aguero returns - bit of a different strategy to most on here but Watford and Bournemouth fixtures rotate beautifully and I can easily get Aguero in with a double transfer without needing to wildcard

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

eviljack wrote:I'm planning to rotate Deeney and Wilson (alongside Kane) until Aguero returns - bit of a different strategy to most on here but Watford and Bournemouth fixtures rotate beautifully and I can easily get Aguero in with a double transfer without needing to wildcard
Big downside to that is the frustration in benching points each week! Any half decent attacking player is difficult to predict exactly which games there points will come from, particularly if they have penalty or set piece involvement. Not a fan of rotating attacking players at all, for this reason. It is almost inevitable that your benched player will outscore your starting one, at least on a couple of occasions.

Carbone
Treebeard

Post by Carbone »

eviljack wrote:I'm planning to rotate Deeney and Wilson (alongside Kane) until Aguero returns - bit of a different strategy to most on here but Watford and Bournemouth fixtures rotate beautifully and I can easily get Aguero in with a double transfer without needing to wildcard
I'd love to see that midfield!

Deeney for me, all the way.

eviljack
Treebeard

Post by eviljack »

Midfield is Silva, Hazard, Walcott, Henderson, (Wanyama)

Defence pantilimon, Ivanovic, Clyne, Azpilicueta, Koscielny, (Hennessy), (Targett)

Kane upfront with Deeney/Wilson rotating due to their fixtures.

Aguero transfer would possibly involve a wildcard, possibly involve losing Silva/Walcott depending on how the early games look

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm actually exploring this as an option as well.

Rotating Defoe and Wilson gives these fixtures for the first six: AVL NOR SWA LEI Nor SUN.

Alternatively Adebayor, Ighalo gives: Bou WBA cpl SUN lei WBA

I recognise the potential frustrations of rotating attacking players but it has worked for me in the past and it just gives me a better team balance.

Any views, alternative rotation suggestions for 2 forwards totally £11m

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”