To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier League virgins

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Premier League virgins

Post by Hotstepper »

Any thoughts on maximum number of gambles at any one time regards players new to the league?

For example right now my (maybe) team includes:
Mings and Wilson from Bournemouth (both as rotators though); Depay, and a very likely to be changed punt on 4.5m Norwich cheapie Andreu.

Away from that, at various times I've considered Darmian, Firmino, Lens, Payet, The Ayews, various promoted cheapies. Allefay now a maybe interesting one.

Best starting the season with the tried and tested, or a few excitable gambles based on YouTube & stats from another league ?

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Re: Premier League virgins

Post by Corroded Soul »

Tried and tested. I use Ritchie as one example, great in the Championship but I don't get all the expectation about a totalky unproven player at this level. So a gamble then, nothing wrong with that. Depay is touch and go, different equation obviously being a class act but I'm tempted to give Mata the nod. But we don't know the RvG starting line-up for sure, Mata could be benched for all we know. Some of these other ones you mention, Allefay, Andreu, Lens, I don't know of them so will take a look. Mings is an interesting one at 4.0m but then versus the tried and tested angle you might look at Baker of Villa at the same cost. Also welcome to FISO, I'm new here too.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mings is 4.5m and looks nailed on, Baker (4.0m) probably won't start though :)

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Cheers Corroded Soul, welcome to you too... Players like Payet at West Ham and Lens at Sunderland have decent home fixtures in GWs 2&3. The temptation for me is that these guys, slightly off-radar for some people in my mini league, if they perform can give me an early season boost. I'm all for a gamble, just think I need to rein in the temptation to go all-in on a handful at the same time

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I think tried and tested is the way to go for the start, just while we see how the newbies settle in. It's a decision made slightly easier perhaps in that a lot of the impressive mid priced signings have tricky fixtures to begin with, so the decision to wait and see is kind of made for me.

That said I do have Francis and Ritchie (unless Aguero misses out and I decide to re-invest the saving) in my current draft. See them as relatively low risk though; Francis is part of a rotation, and Ritchie is the main man in an attack minded team at a low price point (with plenty of other options at a similar price point to hop onto if needed).

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

JVRB48 wrote:Cheers Corroded Soul, welcome to you too... Players like Payet at West Ham and Lens at Sunderland have decent home fixtures in GWs 2&3. The temptation for me is that these guys, slightly off-radar for some people in my mini league, if they perform can give me an early season boost. I'm all for a gamble, just think I need to rein in the temptation to go all-in on a handful at the same time
Know nothing about Mings or Bournemouth despite living here and the ground just three miles away. :lol: From out of nowhere a tiny local club (sorry Cherries fans but even compared to Palace, you are) has mznaged to gatecrash the Premier League, well good luck to them I say and I hope the players picked by others pays off. Leads me to Distin really, could be a reasonable 4.5 punt? Agree with asm_fanz, Baker is not likely to start now. So maybe Mings is a decent look at 4.0m, it hasn't really affected me yet in selection as 4.5m is the cheapest I have.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mings is not 4.0m, he's 4.5m :D

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

David Luiz had girlfriends before he became a Christian.

mawwam
Treebeard

Post by mawwam »

As an Ipswich fan, I have Mings in my squad knowing his ability to get forward and create, his down point as a player was switching from attack minded and getting back to defending although he got better at this towards the end of last season. I expect great things from this player but none of us have any idea how Bournemouth will do as a team this year. I'm sure he will bag a few assists this season.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

asm_fanz wrote:Mings is not 4.0m, he's 4.5m :D
My typo but if thst is the case, Distin.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

mawwam wrote:I expect great things from this player but none of us have any idea how Bournemouth will do as a team this year. I'm sure he will bag a few assists this season.
You don't really seem to expect great things this season though? Trippier came up last season with a similar reputation and bagged 4 assists. He also played for a somewhat more defensive team and achieved 10 cleansheets.

I doubt Bournemouth will be as able as Burnley to keep a cleansheet so I'd be worried that Trippier's score of 118 is unlikely to be matched. Obviously you may as well pick him while the fixtures are good, but with a ceiling of around 120 max and options at 5.0 I don't believe in traditional rotation this season.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mav3rick wrote:
mawwam wrote:I expect great things from this player but none of us have any idea how Bournemouth will do as a team this year. I'm sure he will bag a few assists this season.
You don't really seem to expect great things this season though? Trippier came up last season with a similar reputation and bagged 4 assists. He also played for a somewhat more defensive team and achieved 10 cleansheets.

I doubt Bournemouth will be as able as Burnley to keep a cleansheet so I'd be worried that Trippier's score of 118 is unlikely to be matched. Obviously you may as well pick him while the fixtures are good, but with a ceiling of around 120 max and options at 5.0 I don't believe in traditional rotation this season.
This, I plan to have 2 fixed, 2 rotating, and 1 non playing defender. rotating 2 promoted defenders is a waste of money imho.

mawwam
Treebeard

Post by mawwam »

Mav3rick wrote:
You don't really seem to expect great things this season though?
No Sorry, I didn't mean specifically this coming season, I was speaking generally.
I do however have him in my draft squad already with his attacking ability in mind.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”