To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jordan Ayew

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Jordan Ayew

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Should be nailed on for Villa, and I would be very surprised if he didn't become their penalty taker too. I think Villa will be quite attacking this season, with goals going in either end, and Sherwood will get him in the box.

A massive CK with a questionable temperament playing for a side that's lost a few players, but surely he's worthy of selection at 7.0m or less?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Re: Jordan Ayew

Post by asm_fanz »

I'm interested, it depends on his price really. I'm hoping less than 7.0m

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Some great team names with him:

Huth Fuchs Ayew

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

With Sakho of West Ham being 6.5m, I can't see how he would be more actually. I think there is risk, but I expect he will surprise many by picking up penalties which could make him fantasy gold at that price, though there's no guarantee and Villa could only get 1 or 2 all season. I think he'd rival Berahino, and possibly be more nailed in a more attacking side.

You're the French football expert, you'd expect with his record for him to take up penalties at Villa right? I can't actually see another decent candidate now they've lost Benteke and captain Delph.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Don't know much about him, but from what I have read the general consensus seems to be that they have paid over the odds and he is average at best?

On the flip side though,a reasonably priced striker potentially on penalties in a gung ho Sherwood side should never be totally dismissed. Think I'll stick with Sakho for now though, with Ayew yet another wait and see.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Notned wrote:On the flip side though,a reasonably priced striker potentially on penalties in a gung ho Sherwood side should never be totally dismissed.
He is midfielder, isn't he?

E: I got confused :D
Last edited by JoonaR16 on 27 Jul 2015, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

JoonaR16 wrote:
Notned wrote:On the flip side though,a reasonably priced striker potentially on penalties in a gung ho Sherwood side should never be totally dismissed.
He is midfielder, isn't he?
Striker, almost certain. This is Villa's new signing we are talking about, not his brother at Swansea..

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Adebayor is signing aswell apparently.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Midlander wrote:Adebayor is signing aswell apparently.
didn't Sherwood get some decent performances out of Adebayor when he was Spurs boss, if I remember correctly?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Jordan Ayew is a striker
Carlos Kickaball wrote: You're the French football expert, you'd expect with his record for him to take up penalties at Villa right? I can't actually see another decent candidate now they've lost Benteke and captain Delph.
I don't really follow the Ligue 1 anymore :D However I agree with you on that Ayew might be on pens. If Adebayor joins then I'm not so sure

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm not going near a Villa player unless they show some sign of form. They've just lost the entire spine (Benteke, Delph, Vlaar) of an already fairly weak team and I really don't rate Sherwood as a manager. They'd be my non-promoted-team tip to go down actually. :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:They'd be my non-promoted-team tip to go down actually. :?
Isn't that Newcastle? :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

off-the-top I admit I have the ayews mixed
I think both brothers (or cousins?) plyayed for OM didn't they?
can't recall which of Andre/Jordan was the elder, who usually:
- got in as sub after 60'
- had the habit to score after '85 if not 90'
if that's the case, lotsa nailbiting ahead for his owners

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Jordan tended to come in off the bench whereas andre started most games so guess Jordan is the one you're thinking of.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Jordan and André are brothers (sons of Abedi Pelé, former Marseille player, part of the 1993 Champions League winning team).
André (Swansea) is the elder (25) and plays as left winger. He has been one of Marseille's most important players for the past 5 seasons (207 games, 60 goals 25 assists).
Jordan (23, Aston Villa) mostly played as a striker, however his game time was limited in Marseille due to Gignac performing well. He was the one coming off the bench a fair bit. He was loaned to Sochaux in January 14 where he was decent for half a year, then sold to Lorient in the summer of 2014 where he got 12 goals and 7 assists in 31 games

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

At the Africa Cup of Nations Jordan was so mediocre,he was dropped by Grant to be replaced by Kwesi Appiah who at that time was Cambridge United's star striker.
That says it all.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Stemania wrote:I'm not going near a Villa player unless they show some sign of form. They've just lost the entire spine (Benteke, Delph, Vlaar) of an already fairly weak team and I really don't rate Sherwood as a manager. They'd be my non-promoted-team tip to go down actually. :?
Same here - why did they release Vlaar, is he just crocked all the time or what?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

In for 6.0m, if nailed and on pens as I suspect that could be real value!

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

... if he produces, which is a big if.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”