To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Two Saints Defenders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Two Saints Defenders

Post by Vsz »

Hello

Just wondering, is anyone considering (or for that matter, completely dismissing) having 2 Saints defenders in their starting line up? Particularly interested in those who are thinking about WC'ing quite early (GW4ish) as this gives the option of having Targett at 4 mil before Bertrant returns.

Cedric looks very good value at 5.0 and as things stand Yoshida looks like a starter at 4.5mil.

Interested to hear people's thoughts and I don't think I've seen ANY teams with 2 Saints defenders, or in fact 2 from any team for that matter. Is the general consensus that this is a poor tactic?

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Two Saints Defenders

Post by Omarz14 »

Vsz wrote:Hello

Just wondering, is anyone considering (or for that matter, completely dismissing) having 2 Saints defenders in their starting line up? Particularly interested in those who are thinking about WC'ing quite early (GW4ish) as this gives the option of having Targett at 4 mil before Bertrant returns.

Cedric looks very good value at 5.0 and as things stand Yoshida looks like a starter at 4.5mil.

Interested to hear people's thoughts and I don't think I've seen ANY teams with 2 Saints defenders, or in fact 2 from any team for that matter. Is the general consensus that this is a poor tactic?
Maybe Yoshida maybe Martina at CB

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I have Cedric and Targett at the moment. Doubt I'll ever play them both unless Targett gets subbed in

KarlPilkington
Kevin and Perry

Post by KarlPilkington »

Ive gone for Terry and Invanovic and plan to keep them in all season long just because over a full season i think they are likely to score points similar to top end midfielders but are 7 mill a piece.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Considering Yoshida now that Gardos is sidelined , but then Bertrand will soon be back so I might just keep him anyway. It would be interesting if players were categorised positionally, like if you had to choose a RB, LB, CB etc etc like the old days. A oontenderfor the LB berth at a budget price might be Taylor (Swansea) for example. Not planning an early WC myself but let's see how the Saints defence settles, Fonte snd Cedric might be a good unit at the back but we're maybe not expecting as many clean sheets and bonus points as last season.

ishnid
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ishnid »

I won't be going near any Southampton defenders initially. From last season's team, Clyne and Alderweireld have gone, Forster and Bertrand are injured, and they've also lost Schneiderlin from in front of them.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

SFC_Fan wrote:I have Cedric and Targett at the moment. Doubt I'll ever play them both unless Targett gets subbed in
Yeah, this is exactly my thinking... Although might play both in an easy home fixture.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

I've got Targett and hope to play him once or twice before Bertrand returns. Doubling up is too risky for me even though I think they will cope OK with the transition. Their strength last year was at home and while their opening away fixtures couldn't be better, I'll wait to invest further until after their first four home matches. Three of those being Everton, Man United, and Swansea will provide a good test.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I haven't even got one as it stands. It may turn out that their impressive defence last season was more down to philosophy than individuals, but you would think losing their defensive spine in Forster, Alderweireld, Clyne and Schneiderlin must have some effect. They also have Europe to contend with, which puts me off. We've seen many times in the past how it can impact on a domestic campaign, and the fact that three of their first four home games come in a European game week concerns me slightly.

I'm not saying that any of these things will necessarily be the case, and they could well prove to yet again be a solid defensive unit, but there is just enough of a doubt to render it a case of wait and see for me. Frustrating in a way, given the strength of their fixtures.

(I should note though that I won't totally rule out starting with Targett if it turns out I need a spare half a million somewhere, albeit he's not in my draft currently)

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Two Saints defenders is fine providing one is Cedric and the other is Targett

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”