To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Popular duels vs ownership & possible price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Popular duels vs ownership & possible price changes

Post by vendzol »

Everyone of us has couple of personal choices to be made. Every time it's 50/50 I decided to count on possible price changes that could affect my squad.

Important - this refers to the players I value the same. I use possible price changes as a lifeline when other factors don't prevail.

-------------
Ozil (9,0%) vs Cazorla (17,1%) vs Sanchez (10,8%) vs Ramsey (8,3%) vs Walcott (7,8%).

I personally choose between Ozil and Cazorla and the Spaniard is the one who's almost twice as popular than Ozil. That means if he won't perform in GW he might be dumped by masses which leads to price fall. Sanchez is also woth mentioning - when not playing in GW1 his price will also fall down.

-------------
Depay (24,4%) vs Mata (6,0%)
In this case huge ownership of Memphis as a new arrival vs very low of already proven Mata makes me choose the latter. There's a lot to be lost on Memphis.

-------------

Do you guys think such thinking might be reasonable?
What are your choices based on ownership factor?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Re: Popular duels vs ownership & possible price changes

Post by OIEIAO »

I see your point and there's logic in having a few differential players, but there's a certain amount to be said for the wisdom of the crowd - players will be more popular for a reason. The aim of the game is to score points after all, not to build team value. So my answer would be, pick the players that will score points, try not to panic over £0.1m.

I made one of my worst transfers of last season, which I'd already considered, when stung into it by anticipated price movements. Making decisions based on price movements that haven't even started happening yet is another step further down that road.

I've gone for Mata rather than Depay because I want to see how Depay settles in but ownership wasn't a factor in that decision.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I didn't even realise Depay has so high ownership. He's priced as premium midfielder even though he has only played in Eredivisie before. I'd actually like to gamble with him but I'm not sure if it's gamble because of his high ownership.

What was Hazard's price when he joined EPL?

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

I don't appreciate the wisdom of the crowd - people buy names, not necessarily VFM-wise.
As I said - this is the last criterium for me when every other factor tells me its 50/50 situation and so it is for me in Mata/Depaay or Ozil/Cazorla situation.

0,1m at this stage is actually 0,5m. One of my biggest mistakes from the last season was the value of my team - insufficient to score higher in the second half of the season.

Of course it may occur Cazorla scores higher than Ozil and Depay than Mata, but it will be much easier to swich to them than backwards.

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

JoonaR16 wrote: What was Hazard's price when he joined EPL?
He ended up his first season at £9.6m, so I gues it was around £8.5m at the beginning.
Nevertheless Hazard is an example of player with huge ownership (over 53%) but absolutely must-have. I don't care about percentages in his cas as I'm not going to get rid of him (unless he's injured or suspended fo at least 3GWs).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Players with small ownership require less NTOs to sink. Like Defoe did last season, like a stone. Price rises can be nice to catch though, if it's the right player for points gain too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”