To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

7.0m midfielders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which?

Willian (Chelsea)
1%
Mirallas (Everton)
2%
Henderson (Liverpool)
44%
Milner (Liverpool)
28%
Nasri (Man City)
No votes
Herrera (Man United)
2%
Schweinsteiger (Man United)
3%
Wijnaldum (Newcastle)
4%
Tadic (Southampton)
5%
Chadli (Spurs)
4%
Lamela (Spurs)
1%
Ayew (Swansea)
5%

Total votes: 94

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

7.0m midfielders

Post by Corroded Soul »

Which of these might you employ of midfielders costing 7.0m of your hard-earned cash?

It raises again the Henderson or Milner question but I'm interested to know if there's any support for Willian or Nasri in particular, given the arrival of Sterling and to a much lesser degree, Delph (now on the treatment table). :lol:

Mirallas was one of those annoying conundrums last year, so often benched but yet so productive when he does get on.

Anders Herrera - could be a wise choice but with midfield arrivals his playing time coud be further limited.

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Re: 7.0m midfielders

Post by Ricardo81 »

Henderson in there for me at the moment. Nasri could be an interesting one to keep an eye on. Ageuro plays so much better as a lone striker so City would be wise to use the 4-2-3-1 formation, which leaves Silva/Sterling/Nasri as a possible 3 behind Ageuro. Yaya may also get pushed forward. One of those 4 will stand out in the season at some point. I don't have any of them at the moment though

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Henderson & Milner are the standout choices from that list, we know Henderson will play virtually every week and I can't believe Milner agreed to go there without some kind of assurances from BR about his role in the team,

lots of the other players are big rotation risks, the two from United + Mirallas, Lamela, etc, how often will they play, you will be worried every week in case they are rotated, for 7m you want a guaranteed starter.

Not sure yet if I want Henderson or Milner though as Liverpool were a shambles at the back end of the season and I don't think their opening fixtures are great, over the course of the season though I think 7m could be a good price for them both.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I don't see any attraction in any of the 7m mids until GW4. Henderson looks the best pick but only from GW4 onwards. Liverpools GW1 and GW3 fixtures look awful.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

gooberman wrote:I don't see any attraction in any of the 7m mids until GW4. Henderson looks the best pick but only from GW4 onwards. Liverpools GW1 and GW3 fixtures look awful.
I might gamble with Tadic because their fixtures are great and I could later do straight swap with Milner/Henderson.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

gooberman wrote:I don't see any attraction in any of the 7m mids until GW4. Henderson looks the best pick but only from GW4 onwards. Liverpools GW1 and GW3 fixtures look awful.
This is something that I've been sort of looking at, but from the perspective that I don't know which 7.0 to jump on.

I've been thinking of taking three mids in the 8.5-9.0 range and then downgrading one of them to 7.0 when I get Aguero in. It's the same as Finisher1's strategy of not spending all his cash as he doesn't know which premiums to buy, except in my case I'll throw the mud at a few premiums and downgrade rather than use cheaper players and upgrade.

On the question at hand, I'm still thinking Milner in this range for now, although I like the options at Newcastle post GW9.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Mav3rick wrote:I've been thinking of taking three mids in the 8.5-9.0 range and then downgrading one of them to 7.0 when I get Aguero in. It's the same as Finisher1's strategy of not spending all his cash as he doesn't know which premiums to buy, except in my case I'll throw the mud at a few premiums and downgrade rather than use cheaper players and upgrade.
Same as how I have currently set my team up, with 4 mids in the 8.5-9.0 range alongside Ritchie who I am looking to bench for GW2 and 3. Then again, I seem to be in the wrong thread as I will downgrade one of these big mids to a 4.5M mid but the idea remains the same.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Gambit wrote: Not sure yet if I want Henderson or Milner though as Liverpool were a shambles at the back end of the season and I don't think their opening fixtures are great, over the course of the season though I think 7m could be a good price for them both.
I was surprised Hendo wasn't hiked to more than 7.0m really, could be the bargain of the season. Or Milner :D I don't know, I'm just not sure both of them will play togrther every week, time will tell.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Corroded Soul wrote:
Gambit wrote: Not sure yet if I want Henderson or Milner though as Liverpool were a shambles at the back end of the season and I don't think their opening fixtures are great, over the course of the season though I think 7m could be a good price for them both.
I was surprised Hendo wasn't hiked to more than 7.0m really, could be the bargain of the season. Or Milner :D I don't know, I'm just not sure both of them will play togrther every week, time will tell.
He has been underpriced. Should have been 8m. Will more than likely come into my team but I'm not keen on his fixtures until GW4.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

This might belong in the 'Called It' thread but I see Milner as a potential season long keeper. Barring injury he could be a double digit goal and assist guy for Liverpool this year. He is this year's Sigurdsson, a very talented player moving from a team where he didn't get consistent minutes to a team where he's nailed on. He'll play in an advanced position, can score from set-pieces, and registered an impressive pts per 90 of 5.5. For comparison's sake Siggy had a pp90 of 5.2, Mane 5.7, Chadli 6.0, Fabregas 5.1, Silva 5.5, Sterling 4.8, Mata 5.4.

Liverpool will also have more options up front this term. The only knock is that he could lose minutes due to the Europa League although the group stage doesn't begin until the the 17th, after GW 5.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Detroit City FC wrote:This might belong in the 'Called It' thread but I see Milner as a potential season long keeper.
Should Mignolet be looking over his shoulder? :lol:

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

JoonaR16 wrote:
I might gamble with Tadic because their fixtures are great and I could later do straight swap with Milner/Henderson.
Tadic on pens for Southampton? He scored yesterday in europe-qual on a pen. If so, interesting. Bearing in mind the decent fixtures for Southampton at the start, he's now got a years experiecne from PL in his belt, we all know what he is capable of doing (was it 4 assist in one match last year?) and possibly at pens it could be a bargain.

d2024p
Treebeard

Post by d2024p »

No votes at all for Tadic? He would be my 2nd (maybe 3rd) choice, and a great differential.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: I've been thinking of taking three mids in the 8.5-9.0 range and then downgrading one of them to 7.0 when I get Aguero in. It's the same as Finisher1's strategy of not spending all his cash as he doesn't know which premiums to buy, except in my case I'll throw the mud at a few premiums and downgrade rather than use cheaper players and upgrade.
Yes, this a good strategy as well. I think that cash in the bank is very useful in the early weeks, however I'm not sure if I can object the temptation of spending all the money on the field :lol:

Well whichever option I choose, I must make sure that 1) I am flexible and 2) expect the unexpected to happen. Too many managers just trust their own view and are so surprised when they are wrong.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Wijnaldum will score goals, worth looking at post GW4

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Very few mentions of Chadli and Spurs have quite a nice run from GW2. He appeared to have won his place last season, no? Seems like he could be a good option in the price range to me.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Lots of good options in that price range, for sure. Even more so after a few weeks when fixtures improve for a few of the midtable sides (Newcastle et al).

Awkward price point for me though, with the slot in the two drafts I'm working on (with/without Aguero) going to either a 6m or 8.5m..

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

MPTree wrote:Very few mentions of Chadli and Spurs have quite a nice run from GW2. He appeared to have won his place last season, no? Seems like he could be a good option in the price range to me.
I'm sure there'll be some good value in Spurs somewhere for their good run but I couldn't really say where it is personally. Kane is 0.5-1m more expensive than would make me comfortable picking him and I'd be very tempted by Eriksen if he was 8m instead of directly competing with all the 8.5m guys. I'd agree with Notned that Chadli at 7m is a bit of an awkward price for me, but he doesn't seem significantly worse than the others in that range. The potential value definitely seems true of defensive/bench picks to me, where Alderwiereld, Bentaleb (and possibly even Lloris) could prove good value, even if right now none look quite the best picks to start the season with at their respective price points. I'm secretly hoping De Gea moves to Madrid so Lloris moves to United so Vorm becomes a 4.5m first choice GK. :|

Chadli's price is in some ways surprisingly low considering the season he had last time out. FPL are pretty consistant at pricing these days so it does seem a bit odd how they've priced Chadli vs Eriksen. Eriksen got 162 points from 3132 minutes, whereas Chadli manages 160 from just 2407, yet there's 1.5m between their two FPL prices. Are they expecting rotation, or just using common sense? :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I do think that both are pretty much priced spot on as Chadli was imo very fortunate to get the total he did, but FPL usually seem to base prices heavily upon the last season's total - like Yaya's ludicrous 11m tag last time out (now back at 8.5m).

There's a few players with good potential at 7m (most in the above poll), though which will be best seems fairly unclear. The plan I like the best is the one Mav has been championing - to start with players from the less risky 8-9m range rather than guessing a 6.5-7m guy. Then we can later switch the worst of the picked 8-9m mids to the best emerging 6-7m mid, simultaneously helping to fund Aguero. :D

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

I'd say there is a lot of value in this range and a lot to choose from. Currently I only have one player from this slot though, Henderson, whom I consider to be a bit of a conservative pick. But what soothes me is that he is easily transferable to one of the others if he fails to deliver – or if someone else starts racking heavy points (I'm looking at Wijnaldum, Cabaye/Bolasie, Milner, Tadic, Payet, Sigurdsson, Ritchie etc.).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:
There's a few players with good potential at 7m (most in the above poll), though which will be best seems fairly unclear. The plan I like the best is the one Mav has been championing - to start with players from the less risky 8-9m range rather than guessing a 6.5-7m guy. Then we can later switch the worst of the picked 8-9m mids to the best emerging 6-7m mid, simultaneously helping to fund Aguero. :D
This definitely seems to be the optimum strategy, and one I have very much come round to myself of late.

jabba88
Kevin and Perry

Post by jabba88 »

I found an extra 0.5m for Payet.. plenty of easy fixtures and imagine he will set up most of Sakho's goals.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

jabba88 wrote:I found an extra 0.5m for Payet.. plenty of easy fixtures and imagine he will set up most of Sakho's goals.
So why not pick Sakho for 1.0 less :?:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
jabba88 wrote:I found an extra 0.5m for Payet.. plenty of easy fixtures and imagine he will set up most of Sakho's goals.
+1.

Exactly the reason I went with Sakho. Well, one of them. Coupled with the fact he is the stand out option in his price range up front, whereas Payet is competing with several others in his position/ price range.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Stemania wrote:The plan I like the best is the one Mav has been championing - to start with players from the less risky 8-9m range rather than guessing a 6.5-7m guy. Then we can later switch the worst of the picked 8-9m mids to the best emerging 6-7m mid, simultaneously helping to fund Aguero. :D
Sounds like a fine plan, but I can't quite get my head around how it works money-wise.

How do you accommodate such a strong midfield without compromising on attack or defence?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MPTree wrote:
Stemania wrote:The plan I like the best is the one Mav has been championing - to start with players from the less risky 8-9m range rather than guessing a 6.5-7m guy. Then we can later switch the worst of the picked 8-9m mids to the best emerging 6-7m mid, simultaneously helping to fund Aguero. :D
Sounds like a fine plan, but I can't quite get my head around how it works money-wise.

How do you accommodate such a strong midfield without compromising on attack or defence?
In my case, it is;

4.5, 4
6, 5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.5
11.5, 8.5, 8.5, Y, 4.5
X, 8.5, 6.5

X and Y will be Rooney and up to an 8.5m to begin with, and then Aguero and the best 6m longer term.

Obviously I am biased, but I don't think either defence or attack is particularly compromised at all.

jabba88
Kevin and Perry

Post by jabba88 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Actually I have both of them XD

Might be excessive to double up, but people are often saying to forget club coverage and just look at the player's point potential.. At the moment I've changed from having 4 top mids + wanyama to having 3 top mids + payet + cabaye instead.

Of the options listed, I'd go with Henderson though.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

MPTree wrote: How do you accommodate such a strong midfield without compromising on attack or defence?
The setup Notned suggested above has fallen into being the best me, original suggester Mav and many others have managed to be comfortable with so far, but many reasonably ways seem possible depending on the price of your third striker. If you're starting with Rooney and Costa then it becomes very difficult I'll admit. :)

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Notned wrote: In my case, it is;

4.5, 4
6, 5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.5
11.5, 8.5, 8.5, Y, 4.5
X, 8.5, 6.5

X and Y will be Rooney and up to an 8.5m to begin with, and then Aguero and the best 6m longer term.

Obviously I am biased, but I don't think either defence or attack is particularly compromised at all.
No, that looks very balanced. I've spent the exact same on my keepers and defence. Assuming Rooney, Benteke, Sakho start up top, the only problem is that it will be difficult to accommodate a 9.0 in midfield, should one have an explosive GW1. My current spend for mids and attack is:

11.5, 9.0, 8.5, 7.0, 4.5
10.5, 9.5, 6.5

Though if 9.5 became 8.5 (Kane to Benteke), I could easily turn 7.0 into 8.0 (Milner to Mané), which would be a similar spending structure to yours, whilst giving me the option of jumping from one 9.0 to another, should the need arise. I guess this structure does make the squad a bit more flexible in terms of early transfers.

To bring it back a bit to the topic at hand: Does a more flexible squad structure trump the value of the 7.0 mid? Is the best 7.0 mid none at all?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MPTree wrote:
Notned wrote: In my case, it is;

4.5, 4
6, 5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.5
11.5, 8.5, 8.5, Y, 4.5
X, 8.5, 6.5

No, that looks very balanced. I've spent the exact same on my keepers and defence. Assuming Rooney, Benteke, Sakho start up top, the only problem is that it will be difficult to accommodate a 9.0 in midfield, should one have an explosive GW1. My current spend for mids and attack is:

11.5, 9.0, 8.5, 7.0, 4.5
10.5, 9.5, 6.5

Though if 9.5 became 8.5 (Kane to Benteke), I could easily turn 7.0 into 8.0 (Milner to Mané), which would be a similar spending structure to yours, whilst giving me the option of jumping from one 9.0 to another, should the need arise. I guess this structure does make the squad a bit more flexible in terms of early transfers.

To bring it back a bit to the topic at hand: Does a more flexible squad structure trump the value of the 7.0 mid? Is the best 7.0 mid none at all?
Looks good to me mate. Not much difference in structure to mine really at all. I am still toying with the idea of creating a 9m slot in my team, as it does allow a bit more room to manoeuvre should one of them explode. I guess the easiest way for me would be to bring in a 4m defender, but I'm not sure either Walcott or Sterling interest me enough yet to sacrifice having a fully playing bench. I guess they may do at some point though, so it's one to ponder.

I still think there is value to be had at 7m, but feel it necessary to have a decent amount of flexibility too. With Aguero I can't stretch to that anyway, but without I think I prefer the security of the 8/8.5 options, at least to begin with. I certainly wouldn't be looking at putting a 7m in there and re-distributing the funds elsewhere ; I think if I did I would just bank the saving and keep the rest of the template the same, so as to keep it nice and flexible.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Or even easier Koscielny :arrow: Merte/Bellerin :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”