To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Arsenal Midfield

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Arsenal Mids

Ozil
22%
Ramsey
15%
Cazorla
22%
Walcott
37%
Other
4%

Total votes: 157

Blinding99
Wideboy

Arsenal Midfield

Post by Blinding99 »

The Arsenal midfield (ex Sanchez) is much more evenly priced this season with Ramsey, Santi and Ozil all at 8.5, with Walcott at a more risky (in my eyes) 9m.

Which would you be going for if any? Wngers comments around Ozil playing centrally, and his form at the end of last season is drawing me to him now he is no longer at a premium. What are your thoughts?

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Re: Arsenal Midfield

Post by Corroded Soul »

Cazorla for me, originally in my draft but no longer in either standard or UFPL. An Arsenal defence topic I think would throw up even more conundrums. Debuchy or Bellerin, Gibbs or Monreal? So I err on the side of caution and wait until maybe Arsenal seem settled.

Blinding99
Wideboy

Post by Blinding99 »

Yeah Cazorla was in my first draft too, but just a little concerned about him playing deeper, and Ozil being the focus. Santi then gets a goal and an assist in the Sing Cup. Think i'm going to be pulling my hair out all season with this particular rotation!

On the defence side, I went for Cech in the end as I think he is the cheapest nailed on starter. Wenger seems top err towards Monreal over Gibbs at the moment, but still not sure he'll play all games.

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

There are question marks regarding Monreal staying, if he does expect him and Bellarin to be fbs, biggest question is who will partner Kos, to me every chance it will be Gabriel.
Mids are a puzzle' Cazorla and Coquelin probably likely, Ozil for sure, then at least in first couple of games its a guess, would think Walcott likely then its between Ramsey and Jack and only Wenger has a clue at mo with Giroud and Cech making 11

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Currently got Cazorla and Walcott, but if I had to choose one it would be Cazorla, until Sanchez is back that is.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I first picked Özil and some time ago changed to Cazorla. I still haven't decided.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Currently have Ramsey, but also really rate Cazorla. And Walcott is fpl gold if fit and playing (as discussed elsewhere that can be quite a big 'if' though).

I'll most likely make a judgement decision based on their line up and performance in the community shield. I imagine the team they put out that day will be the team that starts the season.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Walcott is easily my number one pick in their midfield (excluding Sanchez), but I'm happy with Ozil at 8.5 as an escape route too.

If sanchez was fit to start, would you be picking him over Hazard/Aguero?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Hazard and Aguero are a given for me. As much as I rate Sanchez, realistically I can only fit in two of the three without destroying the balance of my team. A big fillip of the former two for me, although some may disagree, is that they are by far the best proposition from their respective teams, whereas there are several other really strong options for a couple of million cheaper vying for that Arsenal slot.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Mav3rick wrote:Here's a little write up on Ozil:

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/0njog ... or-Arsenal
Very interesting read Mav. Thanks for sharing.

I really rate Ozil... but I'm fairly sure I want to give Walcott a spot in my starting team.
So that leaves max one other Arsenal spot and I'm really struggling to pick Ozil over Cazorla. Santi is such a compact, quick-footed player... and being on penalties doesn't hurt either.

On a related note, I really hope Coquelin can maintain his levels from last year.
Obviously not an FPL pick but it seems to me that it was his constant awareness in front of the back 4 last season that freed up Santi to cause trouble further up the pitch.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Interesting comments from Wenger:

"Wenger insists he sees the 23-year-old as someone who can play further forward and act as a creative force if he can steer clear of the injuries that have plagued his career to date."

"It is a big season for Jack Wilshere," he told reporters. "I hope that he can get a full season without any problems and then it will be a big year for him and us as well.

"I see him in a creative offensive position, on the flank or in the middle. For me, he is a creator in the final third."

Source - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ID=HP_BN_1

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Interesting comments from Wenger:

"Wenger insists he sees the 23-year-old as someone who can play further forward and act as a creative force if he can steer clear of the injuries that have plagued his career to date."

"It is a big season for Jack Wilshere," he told reporters. "I hope that he can get a full season without any problems and then it will be a big year for him and us as well.

"I see him in a creative offensive position, on the flank or in the middle. For me, he is a creator in the final third."

Source - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ID=HP_BN_1
If you've seen Wilshere try to defend then that really isn't that surprising.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

very tough to pick from the Arsenal midfield, more options for fantasy managers than the other teams.

reading comments about team selection the midfield decisions for other team seem to be:

City - Yaya/Sterling
United - Mata/Depay
Liverpool - Henderson/Milner
Chelsea - Hazard by far the stand out, then Fab

but with Arsenal, you could make a case for Walcott, Ozil, Carzorla, Ramsey, Sanchez obviously top pick but outside the price point from the first post, to muddy the waters further you then see the above comments by Wenger about Wiltshire.

I've been switching between Walcott and Ramsey, will wait until the charity shield before making my decision.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Gambit wrote:very tough to pick from the Arsenal midfield, more options for fantasy managers than the other teams.

reading comments about team selection the midfield decisions for other team seem to be:

City - Yaya/Sterling
United - Mata/Depay
Liverpool - Henderson/Milner
Chelsea - Hazard by far the stand out, then Fab

but with Arsenal, you could make a case for Walcott, Ozil, Carzorla, Ramsey, Sanchez obviously top pick but outside the price point from the first post, to muddy the waters further you then see the above comments by Wenger about Wiltshire.

I've been switching between Walcott and Ramsey, will wait until the charity shield before making my decision.
I agree, so in order to decide I have been using the process of elimination via each players possible cons :D

Ozil - Very talented but extremely lazy. Plays when he feels up to it.

Cazorla - May play deeper.

Ramsey - May play deeper, have at least two injury layoffs throughout the season, then take a while to settle back in whilst inexplicably spraying balls out of bounds to no one in particular.

Wilshire - Will most probably shatter one of two glass ankles by GW4.

Sanchez - Only in this list as I like typing his name. Oh, and he is very, very expensive with good reason.

Walcott - Umm, hmmm, I got it! Nope lost it. I got nuthin!

Walcott it is then! :P

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

I have Cazorla but I can't help feeling that he is too much of a "conservative" pick. The recent goal+assist gave me some confidence it's the right pick, though. Ramsey/Walcott have an extraordinary explosiveness when it comes to FPL points, so shipping them in when they're in form might be essential. Until then, Cazorla is my choice.

EDIT: And yes, the Charity Shield will hopefully shed some light here!

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Ozil - Very talented but extremely lazy. Plays when he feels up to it.
Lazy? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -lazy.html

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

JoonaR16 wrote:
NoEyeDeer wrote:Ozil - Very talented but extremely lazy. Plays when he feels up to it.
Lazy? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -lazy.html
I think he is mostly considered lazy because of his body language. Even when celebrating the FA Cup win (YA GUNNERS YA! @ /watch?v=5EgEyioJ_Xc) he looked lazy. That being said, he is still a moody player and I think Cazorla/Ramsey/Walcott are more solid FPL performers.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Is the charity shield next weekend?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I think I'll start with a 9.0 (Walcott) and an 8.5 (Ozil currently) from Arsenal. I don't really expect to stay doubled up as I'll probably get a Man City player in (either Sterling or Toure depending on performances) for their good run from GW4. The Arsenal midfield is hard to call so I'll have a double bite over the first few weeks and see if something sticks!

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

SFC_Fan wrote:Is the charity shield next weekend?
Yes, finaly going to beat Mou!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Haha pick a mid now :)

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

Damn it... I was going to choose between Ozil and Cazorla. At the moment I have to take them both.
I'm starting to think to get rid of Hazard :/

Giroud goal + 2 assists...
Hopefully Charity Shield match will answer some questions...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

vendzol wrote:Damn it... I was going to choose between Ozil and Cazorla. At the moment I have to take them both.
I'm starting to think to get rid of Hazard :/

Giroud goal + 2 assists...
Hopefully Charity Shield match will answer some questions...
Yep. Literally just posted this in the pre-season thread;

Just caught the goals from the Arsenal game. Some cracking finishes, and some great football by the looks of things.

Their midfield is becoming increasingly difficult to choose from. Ramsey is currently my gut pick, Cazorla the 'safe' pick, and Walcott the potentially explosive, slightly more expensive, risky pick. Ozil is quickly playing his way into my thinking too.

It's looking increasingly likely that it will be a spur of the moment punt on whichever performs best in the Community shield.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

I've got Walcott in as a place-holder as he's the most expensive and I can adjust the rest of my squad around him without worrying about the affordability if I decide to switch to Ozil or Ramsey.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:I've got Walcott in as a place-holder as he's the most expensive and I can adjust the rest of my squad around him without worrying about the affordability if I decide to switch to Ozil or Ramsey.
Feasible plan. Much easier to hop off Walcott and onto one of the other 8.5m options (be it Arsenal or elsewhere) than vice versa. Would probably do something similar in the planning stages if I had a spare half a million.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Very difficult decision, currently on Ramsey but Ozil seems to be playing really well and Cazorla a viable option too. Walcott the pick of the bunch if he's guaranteed to play, could easily dump Mata and go with two Arsenal midfielders but do want to have two Man Utd attackers aswell.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

It's looking increasingly likely that it will be a spur of the moment punt on whichever performs best in the Community shield.
agreed.

keep looking at it and can't decide.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

calling a Gunner a "Spur" of the moment could be considered offensive ;)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Currently got Cazorla and keep switching between Walcott and Ozil for the second spot. Will see what happens in their game today

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”