To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

6.0 midfielder

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

which 6.0 mid?

Ritchie
47%
Adam
No votes
Walters
6%
Puncheon
12%
Ki (5.5)
15%
Mahrez (5.5)
9%
Schneiderlin (5.5)
12%

Total votes: 34

Potters82
Treebeard

Re: 6.0 midfielder

Post by Potters82 »

We are looking to spend big on a right winger, so Walters playing time this season will probably be reduced.

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

Ritchie took a pen last night against Nantes with Wilson and Kermorgant on the pitch. Slipped and missed it. Might be first in line for pens though this season for the Cherries.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

arv wrote:Young is surely worth consideration, given the team that started against Barca is likely to start against Spurs (according to LVG).
I started with Young last season. Never again.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Young could be a great money saving option should he start the season as first choice. You have to think though that with Di Maria leaving a replacement must be incoming though, and it is surely Young who is most at risk. Pedro seems to be a common rumour, and I'd imagine he walks straight into that wide left berth.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I still expect United to line up like this:

---------------Rooney------------------
Depay----------Herrera---------Mata
-----Schweini-----------Schneider----

So no Young.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

gallus wrote:I still expect United to line up like this:

So no Young.
Why would you expect that? - there is absolutely no indication that will be the team.

Personal view is that Mata's place is equally, if not more, under threat than Young's as long as Memphis plays second-striker, which has happened in every game so far.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Red Eye wrote:

So no Young.
Why would you expect that? - there is absolutely no indication that will be the team.

Personal view is that Mata's place is equally, if not more, under threat than Young's as long as Memphis plays second-striker, which has happened in every game so far.
Because that's how I would set up this team :P . Depay's strenghts are wasted in the hole and Herrera is a class above Young as a player.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

You might be right but all the indications are Van Gaal has different ideas.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

gallus wrote:
Red Eye wrote:

So no Young.

Because that's how I would set up this team :P . Depay's strenghts are wasted in the hole and Herrera is a class above Young as a player.
I would also set up the team like that but I don't think LvG does that.

I think LvG has planned completely different role for Depay this season and it might be one reason why Depay wanted to come to United. Yes, he would be great winger but what if LvG is planning even bigger role for him? He is more involved in the hole than as a winger. I think he could do great job just behind Rooney, maybe some false striker tactic with Rooney where they could change positions during the game. In my opinion he's creative enough to play that role and also has the pace to make quick runs forward.

And yes, I agree Herrera should be playing instead of Young but since Depay is playing in the hole, that's not possible.

E: Little bit offtopic :roll:

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

I can't convince myself that Young will produce the numbers that I'm looking for. His best attributes seem to be his team ethic and work rate, similar to Willian at Chelsea. If Ox starts in the charity shield, I'll be jumping on him because he's been brilliant in pre season.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I still think Ritchie is the safest bet for the moment...

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I have Young in my squad at the moment. If LvG doesn't sign a new winger I reckon the LW spot is his and at 6.0m in that United line up he's a steal. He's on some free kicks too.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Providing Cabaye doesn't take over free kick duty I'll probably go with Puncheon.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Worth noting the Van Gaal criticism of Young last night. Was talking about where improvements needed to be made and named Young specifically. Not the best display of man-management and a bit disrespectful if you ask me, but it does sound as though if anyone comes in it will be Young who loses his place.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I don't see Young keeping his place at all. If they sell Di Maria for nearly 50m (as reported) then they'll clearly buy another expensive attacking mid/striker as a replacement and then Young is out the team. In fact, even without the ADM sale I suspect they'll buy someone.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”