To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Walcott

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
JLH
FISOhead

Re: Walcott

Post by JLH »

Billy Bongo wrote:It does indeed

For the avoidance of doubt I think the position on the right is up for grabs, Walcott has signed a new contract about 100k a week, that's not sitting on the bench money

But Walcott could easily be a striker and Ox out right. I think their striker and wide positions are unknown. Ramsey and yes sometimes even Wilshere could play there.

But Wilshere isn't first choice.
Hasn't been announced yet, that Theo has signed a new contract. But I hope it's true though :mrgreen:

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Bertie64 wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:Alexis not back? What's that got to do with anything?
LOL...
This just gets dafter!
Maybe Wilshire could be first choice on the left as well?
I don't think you understand what first choice means.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
JLH wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Wilshere and alexis are first choice on the flanks with Giroud as the point.
Can you admit this is wrong please, lets be finish with this once and for all.
How? The season hasn't started yet. Alexis is not back.

It remains to be seen.
So stick to your guns and stop offering stuff about him being a (dubious) first choice CM as support for your theory about him being first choice on the right. Jeez.
The two are connected. I don't interpret 'It remains to be seen' as backtracking at all.
LOL... OK, you are right. He will be first choice CM, RW, LW apparently (else I don't get what Sanchez has to do with it)... Maybe an injury to Mertersacker could see him put a shift in in defence too.

Here's a sporting bet for you. Each week Walcott starts on the right you come on this thread and post that you were wrong. Each time Wilshire starts on the right I will come here and say the same thing. Then we count them up at the end of the season. Only if both are fit of course.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
JLH wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Wilshere and alexis are first choice on the flanks with Giroud as the point.
Can you admit this is wrong please, lets be finish with this once and for all.
How? The season hasn't started yet. Alexis is not back.

It remains to be seen.
So stick to your guns and stop offering stuff about him being a (dubious) first choice CM as support for your theory about him being first choice on the right. Jeez.
The two are connected. I don't interpret 'It remains to be seen' as backtracking at all.
LOL... OK, you are right. He will be first choice CM, RW, LW apparently (else I don't get what Sanchez has to do with it)... Maybe an injury to Mertersacker could see him put a shift in in defence too.

Here's a sporting bet for you. Each week Walcott starts on the right you come on this thread and post that you were wrong. Each time Wilshire starts on the right I will come here and say the same thing. Then we count them up at the end of the season. Only if both are fit of course.
I want in!

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
LOL...
This just gets dafter!
Maybe you could explain the relevance then... I mean it must have some relevance to your logic...

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Bertie , throw Ox into the mix, he will be first choice quite often also

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
LOL...
This just gets dafter!
Maybe you could explain the relevance then... I mean it must have some relevance to your logic...
This should be interesting!

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
LOL...
This just gets dafter!
First 11 when everyone is healthy. Alexis is an undisputed starter when healthy. We'd have to wait till he is back to make judgements about who is first 11.
Last edited by Jason Bourne on 25 Jul 2015, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yes, which is exactly what everyone is saying, except you. Everyone else had agreed this ages ago. Only one person here is adamant one player is first choice. It's you, it's Wilshere, it's the right wing, it's garbage.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
LOL...
This just gets dafter!
First 11 when everyone is healthy. Alexis is an undisputed starter when healthy. We'd have to wait till he is back to make judgements about who is first 11.
QED...
But TBH it doesn't seem to have stopped you this far.

LOL.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Bertie64 wrote:
LOL...
This just gets dafter!
QED...
But TBH it doesn't seem to have stopped you this far.

LOL.
LOL clearly taken out of context but fair play.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Walcott

Post by Billy Bongo »

Whatever happens, and wherever they play, the fact is Wilshere isn't a first choice right winger. He may well get game time there, but you could have stopped this ridiculous thread by simply saying 'both positions out wide are up for grabs (until Akexis back) and you can't discount Wilshere getting time there'

No one would have batted an eye lid. But searching the Internet for strange cryptic quotes doesn't help you, makes you look more desperate.

Just accept the fact Arsenals line up is fluid and Wilshere is not, and has not, ever been first choice CM or RW.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Nothing from Mr.Bourne after todays line up? :shock: anyway, like I mentioned before, if we don't sign a new striker I think Giroud is going to have to share his minutes with wally! Theo will rotate CF/RW and occasionally on the left.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Lol what more is there to say? Wilshere has played almost the entire preseason at RW and walcott's been shifted to CF.

Make of that what you will man. The lack of football knowledge by some is clear.

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

Jason Bourne wrote:... and walcott's been shifted to CF.
Have to agree, which means no Theo nor Giroud in my team.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

vendzol wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:... and walcott's been shifted to CF.
Have to agree, which means no Theo nor Giroud in my team.
I think they'll both start until Sanchez returns, i.e. Walcott on the wing and Giroud up top for the first couple of games - but wouldn't be keen to have both after that...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've had a look through, and whilst this thread is now a bit of a train-wreck (in terms of being a resource to help readers decide if Walcott might be a good FPL pick or not) you all seem to have broadly speaking kept it within the forum T & C's. However, exactly the same 'conversation' that was happening when I went away two days ago seems to still been going on four 4 or 5 pages later, and for this reason it feels as if there's a danger of it breaking out into pure goading and name-calling etc. I've deleted one or two posts that were moving towards that direction, and it would be great if we could draw a line under the whole thing now. :)

If this Wilshere stuff does continue I may rip the whole thing out of this thread and move it to a more suitable location in the forum, but since the topic of Arsenal's likely starting personnel (especially the question of who is likely to play RW) is very relevant to Walcott's value as an FPL pick I'll leave it for now for the braver forum reader to traverse.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Vsz wrote: I think they'll both start until Sanchez returns, i.e. Walcott on the wing and Giroud up top for the first couple of games - but wouldn't be keen to have both after that...
This is pretty much my stance too - I can see why people might pick Walcott initially as he is capable of very big scores when he does start. The problem is, I'm going to try and save my wildcard if possible and so have the big Aguero GW4 conundrum to overcome with only free transfers. The last thing I really want to be doing is having to use a transfer on my 9m midfielder fairly early on, and I don't think Walcott is viable even if he only misses one on every 3/4 or so games due to rotation. :(

While I was away I was thinking that I'll probably go for Ozil instead (and he seems to have been simultaneously popular on FISO) as imo only him, Cazorla and Sanchez are nailed on in the Arsenal attack when fit. I'd likely then use the 9m spot to get some City action in Sterling - he's had a great few friendlies and I can't afford Silva/don't want Yaya if he's deep. I guess the issue with Sterling is that he also might be rested so it's a bit frying-pan-fire-y, but at least it would automatically give me two City attackers for their excellent run from GW4 when I transfer Kun in.

If I was planning a definite early wildcard I'd be all over Walcott though. :mrgreen:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm not planning to wildcard early, but I still think I'm going to start with Walcott. Even if he doesn't set the world alight, as you've said Sterling is there for GW4 and I fancy a move to Fabregas around GW9 or GW13 so that 9.0 slot is useful to have in a squad structure.

Long term, I don't know if Walcott can be considered a good pick because of the likelihood of rotation, but at the moment it's possible he will start a few games at least and there are plenty of viable escape routes.

I am also picking Ozil though as a longer term Arsenal pick.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I bought Ozil for the spell last season where everything Arsenal were doing was going through him, apart from the stuff leading to goals

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

I think that Walcott actually has the potential to convince Wenger he must start whenever fit. With that hope in mind, I'm still willing to give him a chance, but I might switch to Memphis.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Mav3rick wrote:I'm not planning to wildcard early, but I still think I'm going to start with Walcott. Even if he doesn't set the world alight, as you've said Sterling is there for GW4 and I fancy a move to Fabregas around GW9 or GW13 so that 9.0 slot is useful to have in a squad structure.

Long term, I don't know if Walcott can be considered a good pick because of the likelihood of rotation, but at the moment it's possible he will start a few games at least and there are plenty of viable escape routes.

I think you are forgetting about the price changes. It's unlikely that Sterling will still be 9m by GW4. If he starts well, the chances are he will be at least 9.1 by GW4 and the same applies to Fabregas. For this reason, the 9m players (or indeed players of any starting price point) aren't going to be as interchangeable as your post suggests.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Third choice right winger and rotation fodder Walcott now on 140k a week. Wilshere must be on Messi money

Carbone
Treebeard

Post by Carbone »

gooberman wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I'm not planning to wildcard early, but I still think I'm going to start with Walcott. Even if he doesn't set the world alight, as you've said Sterling is there for GW4 and I fancy a move to Fabregas around GW9 or GW13 so that 9.0 slot is useful to have in a squad structure.

I think you are forgetting about the price changes. It's unlikely that Sterling will still be 9m by GW4. If he starts well, the chances are he will be at least 9.1 by GW4 and the same applies to Fabregas. For this reason, the 9m players (or indeed players of any starting price point) aren't going to be as interchangeable as your post suggests.
That's why you always leave .5 in the bank at the start of the season. ;)

I'd rather Ozil, burned too many times by Theo.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

No way he'll be on the bench at that wage. Sanchez, Giroud and Walcott as a front three does sound eff brilliant. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

If we could avoid this turning into a big slew of I-told-you-so's that would be great.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

cant understand wenger not starting walcott. delighted west ham scored there. shocker from cech who i have in goal though. hopefully they go 2-0 up and wally has to come on

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

mayweather wrote:cant understand wenger not starting walcott. delighted west ham scored there. shocker from cech who i have in goal though. hopefully they go 2-0 up and wally has to come on

Yeah glad they are going in without scoring

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Must be annoying for those who picked Walcott as captain and as for the new, vibrant, confident Arsenal - are they playing in light blue today?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

If I've learnt anything from this gw, it's that I'm definitely not psychic.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”