To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Walcott

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Re: Walcott

Post by Rich2086 »

From4corners wrote:Benched again!

wow

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

If he doesn't do something off the bench then I think he'll drop another 0.2mn this week for sure!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Do I need to say anything?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I can't believe I fell for the Walcott trap again this season.

Fair play to those who switched him out for Payet, Ayew or Mahrez.

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

Finisher1 wrote:
Please do.....

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Finisher1 wrote:

Why not? I think it's safe to say we are all very used to you being so annoying with your "I told you so" posts.

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

From4corners wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

Why not? I think it's safe to say we are all very used to you being so annoying with your "I told you so" posts.
Even A clock is right twice a day blah blah..... :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

From4corners wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

If I regularly post "I told you so" messages, maybe it's because my views are regularly correct in the first place :wink:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

gazwood wrote:Even A clock is right twice a day blah blah..... :lol:
:) Talking about blah blah, anyone seen blahblah around these days?

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Lol

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

The Theo express has reached it's destination...

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Who doesn't love a good "I told you so" post? :P

Can't possibly see how anyone would find that annoying. :lol:

I'm in the clear because I listened to Finisher exclusively and gained 10pts from Mahrez by ditching Walcott.

Thanks Finisher! :lol: :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:P

Perhaps it's just me, but I am tempted to keep Walcott as I totally expect him to start and run riot against Liverpool :lol: thinking of binning Depay or Giroud for Montero or Gomis instead.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He did score THAT goal against Liverpool a few years back. I don't know that id want the frustration though when you can offload him guilt free right now.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

This will be one of those moments where everybody will hate themselves for having taken Walcott out :P That, or Finisher may totally tell me what an idiot I am :lol: If he wouldn't do that already ;)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Well... Your faith in Kolarov is finally being repaid, maybe the same will happen with Walcott.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

From4corners wrote:This will be one of those moments where everybody will hate themselves for having taken Walcott out :P That, or Finisher may totally tell me what an idiot I am :lol: If he wouldn't do that already ;)
Just transfer him out, or otherwise you can bet on another "I told you so" message on next Monday :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Then I really deserve it ;) I imagine myself in like a digital wooden panel where you stick your head in and being thrown stuff at. That might be me on next Monday evening. You may throw first.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Alright, time for me to give Finisher1 the well-deserved assist. Hit me with your best shot, bucko ;)

What do you guys think, should I give him one more chance against Newcastle with their poor defence?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

From4corners wrote:Alright, time for me to give Finisher1 the well-deserved assist. Hit me with your best shot, bucko ;)

What do you guys think, should I give him one more chance against Newcastle with their poor defence?
I think he's depleted enough of your team value already. Seriously though, I think there's a real chance of him starting against Newcastle and even earning more chances if he does well. But those are just conjectures, and conjectures is what led many of us to buy him in the first place. Me? More than happy I dumped him ASAP in GW1, before any drops. Now that it's clear how little faith Wenger has in him, I would be very unwilling to give him another shot...

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I was kidding though as I will be taking him out but see him start this weekend and score a brace (I think a hattrick is too much to ask now :P).

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Glad i ditched him as well in GW2 albeit suffering a 0.1 loss. Really did not see it coming so strong on Walcott from Wenger. New deal putting him in the highest earners of the club, playing as the striker in pre-season and C.Shield, lavish praise from Wenger saying this is Walcott's season as number 9....This looks ages ago and really dont see how it would change suddenly. Wenger still considering that Giroud offers more upfront with his physical abililities and is happy for Sanchez/Ramsey/Ozil to push from midfield to score. Cant see him dropping any of those.And when you see Oxlade-Chamberlain's perdormance every time he plays, plus the fact Arsenal is after another striker before transfer deadline, means Walcott should be good friends with Arteta and Rosicky on the bench for some time.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

A high number of good managers got caught out, it was a fair call at the time and just didn't work. I think that the issues with all the other premiums just made it feel worse than it was.

tamagotchi massacre
Treebeard

Post by tamagotchi massacre »

matmutte wrote:Glad i ditched him as well in GW2 albeit suffering a 0.1 loss. Really did not see it coming so strong on Walcott from Wenger. New deal putting him in the highest earners of the club, playing as the striker in pre-season and C.Shield, lavish praise from Wenger saying this is Walcott's season as number 9....This looks ages ago and really dont see how it would change suddenly. Wenger still considering that Giroud offers more upfront with his physical abililities and is happy for Sanchez/Ramsey/Ozil to push from midfield to score. Cant see him dropping any of those.And when you see Oxlade-Chamberlain's perdormance every time he plays, plus the fact Arsenal is after another striker before transfer deadline, means Walcott should be good friends with Arteta and Rosicky on the bench for some time.
See, as soon as Walcott put pen to paper I figured this is exactly was isn't going to happen this year. I'm surprised Walcott fell for it tbh. It's time for him to move on.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Walcott probably should leave. He could be a really good player but he's wasting his career on the bench at Arsenal. He's an intelligent guy so a move abroad wouldn't be outside of his comfort zone I'd have thought.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

tamagotchi massacre wrote:
matmutte wrote:Glad i ditched him as well in GW2 albeit suffering a 0.1 loss. Really did not see it coming so strong on Walcott from Wenger. New deal putting him in the highest earners of the club, playing as the striker in pre-season and C.Shield, lavish praise from Wenger saying this is Walcott's season as number 9....This looks ages ago and really dont see how it would change suddenly. Wenger still considering that Giroud offers more upfront with his physical abililities and is happy for Sanchez/Ramsey/Ozil to push from midfield to score. Cant see him dropping any of those.And when you see Oxlade-Chamberlain's perdormance every time he plays, plus the fact Arsenal is after another striker before transfer deadline, means Walcott should be good friends with Arteta and Rosicky on the bench for some time.
See, as soon as Walcott put pen to paper I figured this is exactly was isn't going to happen this year. I'm surprised Walcott fell for it tbh. It's time for him to move on.
Makes me think they only renewed for that much money in fear he'd go elsewhere and exploded. If so, dirtiest of the moves.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Le Red wrote:
tamagotchi massacre wrote:
Makes me think they only renewed for that much money in fear he'd go elsewhere and exploded. If so, dirtiest of the moves.
Agree. With this new deal he's tied to the club and will have to accept the bench-warmer /impact sub role that Wenger has tailored for him.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Yeah, I'm surprised Walcott fell for it too. They tricked him into earning loads of money for playing football, how fiendish.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Is this thread still alive? :lol:

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Yeah, I'm surprised Walcott fell for it too. They tricked him into earning loads of money for playing football, how fiendish.
Come on CK, you know it's not quite like that. You can have all the money you can grab and still be frustrated for underachieving.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”