To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Walcott

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Re: Walcott

Post by Le Red »

RomynPG wrote:
Le Red wrote:
RomynPG wrote:
Vincent Black Shadow wrote: Sorry I know it's off topic, but at the risk of no one following up on that statememt ... I said I played football with Usain Bolt

fyp :wink: :D
:lol:
I'm not one for celebrites but genuine sporting greats are a bit different .... and Usain Bolt seems to have a good attitude and is quite a chilled dude ...so having a game of footie with him is pretty cool 8-) ... I would probably be dropping it into conversation every now and then as well :D
I'm yet to meet and play some footie with my "cousin" Filipe Luís, he's kinda of a relative, albeit not a close one.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:Sorry I know it's off topic, but at the risk ofnot backing that statement up and taking a massive hit to my credibility. I'm the one in the yellow boots in the background (which is infact itself a massive hit to my credability)
Bolt.jpg
What a coincidence! :D

As Usain's official No.1 creepy stalker, it just so happens I was there also. It's hard to see me as I'm under court order to keep my distance, but if you squint really hard and tilt your head on a 45 degree angle, you can just make me out in the bushes behind the far fence. I'm wearing a standard issue brown creepy stalker trench coat.

I've circled my location in red as proof, as I'd hate to have my unblemished credibility called into question. :D

I love Usain. Nearly as much as I love Debby Harry. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

^ Well it's a good thing running away fast is his specialty.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

What a finish :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

All aboard :-P - Jks

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Is Sterling the (less unskillful) new Walcott?

Does Barkley ever pass?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Barkley looks for the pass when he's done too much and about to lose the ball

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

you mean desperate?

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Some truly truly appalling opinions on walcott being offered up in here :lol:. If you don't like walcott just say that. These attempts to discredit his achievements and ability as a footballer are nonsensical.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Explain?

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

At the moment he's a goal/game striker, he's assisting, and his overall performances as a #9 are improving every week. He looks very sharp technically, and he's constantly provoking defenders with penetrating runs and movement. He's making big contributions to the Arsenal attack.

Valid questions should be asked about his link play, arial ability and ability to play w/ back to goal. But none of that is addressed in here. People are just forcing the same tired clichés i.e. "lacks football brain" or "glorified sprinter". We need to do better.
Last edited by Jason Bourne on 10 Oct 2015, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The latter has been gone over in previous years, so it is now distilled to sprinter at one end and brilliant at the other.

While I am towards to sprinter end, as above, he is a potentially good FPL pick: I started the season with him then dumped him due and have bought him again.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

almost 70k have brought him in this week, looks to be back in favour :)

is he now a viable option and possible (cheaper) alternative to sanchez?

if giroud were to get an injury I would get Walcott straight in, still worry about his place though.

anybody think he has cemented his place as the 1st choice striker? he's started the last 5 now

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

He's started against Man United and Chelsea away? Suggests he really is first choice now

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

The guardian are predicting Giroud to start.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

gooberman wrote:The guardian are predicting Giroud to start.
There will be blood on the streets.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

I would not be stunned if that happened but it's just a coin toss by the Guardian.
They could be right, but I haven't seen anything solid to back it up, other than what we already know.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

If I was Wenger (and thank God I am not!) I would start both Giroud and Walcott, giving the latter Ramsey's right wing place, since he is likely to be "tired" from his efforts and the emotional turmoil regarding Wales in the last couple of weeks.

[and it would mean that Aaron could watch the Wales v South Africa game. :wink: ]

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Every other predicted line up ive looked at has Walcott up front.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

So?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Nobody who has Walcott can be justifiably aggrieved if he is rested. That is what you have bought.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

From4corners wrote:
So?
So what?

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Thus far in many matches Giroud has been preferred where we will have most of the possession and teams will sit deep. However Walcotts recent form has probably changed the pecking order I'd think

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

gooberman wrote:
From4corners wrote:
So?
So what?
That's what was I meant to say. So what if the Guardian predicts Giroud to start? Over time I've seen players in their predicted line-ups who were either injured or suspended, so...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

eastcentral1 wrote:Nobody who has Walcott can be justifiably aggrieved if he is rested. That is what you have bought.
This is the point. It doesn't matter how many predictions start him or not, he's a risk and you just have to accept whatever you get. He'll score points when he plays and it would be unfortunate if a benching came in a week of carnage, but that is just a factor in his ownership.

For what it's worth though, I'd rather have Walcott than Pedro right now :?

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Just cant decide whether or not to get him. Problem is, every time in the past when I have not taken the risk, either to get him or captain him, he has run riot so that is also in the back of my mind. He has the capability to punish me again if I dont get him and it would seem that he is fairly likely to start and also up front.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I've been avoiding him purely because of Giroud. With the Aguero funds you could arguable take a gamble if you can keep a stronger sub for any times when he doesn't play at all.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Mav3rick wrote:I've been avoiding him purely because of Giroud. With the Aguero funds you could arguable take a gamble if you can keep a stronger sub for any times when he doesn't play at all.
What are the chances of him not playing at all though? Extremely minimal. If he doesnt start, its almost guaranteed he will be subbed on at some point in the game.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Walcott will start.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:Sorry I know it's off topic, but at the risk ofnot backing that statement up and taking a massive hit to my credibility. I'm the one in the yellow boots in the background (which is infact itself a massive hit to my credability)

That's nothing, me and the Ox are actually very good friends.

Here's me and him at the 02 after the Anthony Joshua fight a few weeks ago. He's pretending to act like some weirdo has just seriously invaded his territory but we're good friends really...
The Ox.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”