To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The 4.5 mill. defender thread 15/16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Beadling Boy
Treebeard

Re: The 4.5 mill. defender thread 15/16

Post by Beadling Boy »

Is Ben Davies nailed on at Spurs?

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Olsson started again, hopefully he has fought his way into the WBA defence.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Post by Les_Gomiserables »

This was the hardest spot for me to come to a decision on today. Soooo many options and a lot of upside in quite a few of them IMO.

Played WC and reckon I've probably had 13 or 14 different guys running through the 3 spots in my team.

Richards 4.6m - quite popular amongst the comp and played the full 270 minutes thus far.

Francis 4.5m - he's one I picked from the start and has been quite impressive. He gets forward a lot for Bournemouth and got some bonus points and an assist against West Ham. Lack of CS points may be an issue but with some nice fixtures coming up, think he has big upside.

Ward 4.5m - the 3 bonus and goal against Arsenal showed what he can do but he doesn't offer a lot going forward, palace are quite often and he has some tough fixtures coming up. Better options.

Delaney, Souare 4.5m are two other options as well.

Morgan, Huth 4.5m - sensational start for Leicester this year however Huth and Morgan haven't started fantastically due to a lack of clean sheets. Huth is a danger at set pieces and Morgan who scored 112 pts with only 1 yellow card last year is another safe choice. They have Arsenal in a few weeks but still have a number of decent fixtures.

Gomez 4.7m - pretty impressive this kid. Due for another rise soon.

Martin 4.5m - he loves bombing forward and has been rewarded with two goals in his last two outings. He's tempting however considering he's only scored a maximum of three times in previous seasons, you'd be worried about his output moving forward.

Yoshida 4.5m - 270 minutes so far for Yoshida and we can only expect Soton to get better, which would mean improved scores for him. 73 points in 1700 minutes last year showed that if he gets enough minutes he could push up to 110-130 points. United, Chelsea, Liverpool in 3 of the next 7 is a worry. Bertrand also fit soon and whilst they play different positions could see a mix up at the back.

Ben Davies 4.5m - must say I eff miss this bloke but good on him for going to Spurs and playing the first 270m of the season. For mine just too much competition for his spot. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was interested in Rose pre-season, surprised me that Potch has gone with Davies.

Muniesa 4.5m - Clear stand out for mine. Ignoring the Arsenal fixture next week, Stoke fixtures are really favourable and I can't imagine it being too long until Stoke start clocking up some CS. Can see some BPS upside with him as well. Only in 0.8% of teams. Playing really well. Lock.

O'Shea 4.4m - a popular preseason pick before Kaboul and Coates were signed on the back of a few good seasons. Saw him play last week and he was quite good and Sunderland were better and Kaboul is still injured - decent option.

Nyom 4.5m - haven't seen a lot of Watford but looking at this guys stats and Watford highlights this guy quite impresses me. He gets forward and has had a few shots on goal, and knocked up 3 bonus points last time out.

Prodl 4.5m - big strapping lad also benefiting from the two recent lock outs. Doesn't seem to offer heaps going forward but looks to be fairly solid and Watford look like the stingiest of the newly promoted sides. After city this week they have a decent stretch of fixtures.

A bit outside the price;

Fuchs 4.9m - soon to be 4.8m. Free signing for Leicester and for mine is the better option in the starting XII. One I'm definitely keeping and eye on, has come on as substitute on two occasions now.

Targett 4.0m - Looks a good player and interestingly despite being basement priced and starting the first 3 games still sits at 4m. Bertrand isn't far off and i think may drop out of the team once that happens.

van Aanholt 4.9m soon to be 4.8m - The black cats can only get better and this guy last year showed he could score. Bonus points always a chance as well.

Oxford 4.1m - he was obviously fantastic in his debut against Arsenal, was then subbed off after 45m against Leicester and didn't feature against Bournemouth. Has been carrying a slight knock and should consider for 5th defender option.

Lots of other options I've not mentioned here as well.

IMO in order;

1. Muniesa
2. Gomez
3. Francis
4. Morgan/Huth
5. Yoshida
6. Nyom

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Les_Gomiserables wrote:This was the hardest spot for me to come to a decision on today. Soooo many options and a lot of upside in quite a few of them IMO.

Played WC and reckon I've probably had 13 or 14 different guys running through the 3 spots in my team.
Same here, wildcard played and considered many options. I've ended up settling on two permanent "premiums" (Kolarov & Shaw) who will play almost every match regardless, and then I've gone with a 1 from 3 rotation of 4.5m defenders. In my case I've settled with Muniesa / Coloccini / Martin. Between them, they offer a great fixture every week up until Christmas. If one gets injured I'll slot in another 4.5 from the same team to keep the same rotation going.

That's the plan anyways! :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Johnny Evans has now dropped to 4.8, and you'd assume he will be first choice for WBA if the transfer goes through.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Mav3rick wrote:Johnny Evans has now dropped to 4.8, and you'd assume he will be first choice for WBA if the transfer goes through.
I came in here to ask who looks best for 4.8 or below, and see this post. Is he the way to go do you think? Looking like I might have to decide tonight with Coates dropping, annoying though it is to be burning a transfer two weeks before the deadline...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Well he will very likely join my team so yes he gets my vote. It is a bit risky of course doing it now given that the transfer isn't official yet and we aren't 100% that he will be a starter.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Good luck to Jonny Evans from everyone at #mufc following his permanent move to West Bromwich Albion.

- United's official twitter

It's official

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I pulled the trigger on Evans in the end. I've always got the wildcard in case there are any international injuries.

The official website mentioned that he can play any position across the back four, classic Pulis player.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Great post Les_Gomiserables.

Currently I have

Muniesa
Richards
Targett

Will get rid of Targett at some point. Can't see him playing after the international break.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

What about Yoshida? I thought he would have lost his place by now, but on he goes...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:What about Yoshida? I thought he would have lost his place by now, but on he goes...
I've had my eye on him too. But Koeman has been repeating all summer that they're looking for another CB (even with Caulker signed). Is Caulker a threat regardless?

If a CB isn't signed in the next two days then maybe we should take notice, though Cedric's potential attacking points might well prove worth the extra 0.5m anyway (and 0.4m is Cedric drops this fortnight as looks likely). I was going to say, especially if Saints continue with 3421 and Cedric at wing back, but they're reverted to 4231 today apparently.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I'll be really surprised if we don't sign Van Djik from Celtic before the deadline.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Not sure he's going to be the catalyst for a huge improvement tbh - he's a bit overrated imo. Was by all accounts terrible in the CL qualifiers. :s

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

What about Haidara/Coloccini from Newcastle? Their fixtures look great from GW9 through Christmas.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Turd Ferguson wrote:What about Haidara/Coloccini from Newcastle? Their fixtures look great from GW9 through Christmas.
Colo absolutely nailed on. Dummett is a threat for Haïdara although Haïdara has played very well this season. He also seems to be more of a attacking threat these days. Dummett was playing CB last season and he really impressed me so I'd think he's the only threat for Colo's playing time. But really can't see that happening...
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ne ... 44294.html

Newcastle United defender Paul Dummett has reportedly been hit with another injury setback which could rule him out of action for several more weeks.

Dummett had returned to fitness this summer after suffering a hamstring injury in May, and was named on the bench for the club's League Cup victory over Northampton Town on August 25.
If this is true, then I'd go with Haïdara. 100% nailed on.

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

SFC_Fan wrote:I'll be really surprised if we don't sign Van Dijk...
Oh no.. not another beard..

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Martin Kelly (Crystal Palace) could be worth a look at £4.3m with Dann seemingly being out for 4 weeks, not the tightest of defences usually but their fixtures are turning for the better very soon.

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

OIEIAO wrote:Martin Kelly (Crystal Palace) could be worth a look at £4.3m with Dann seemingly being out for 4 weeks, not the tightest of defences usually but their fixtures are turning for the better very soon.
On PhysioRoom and FPL, Dann isn't listed as injured, whereas Delaney and Ward are, with no return date on PhysioRoom for Delaney and the 3rd of October for Ward (10th of October on FPL).

So.. Hangeland @ £4.3M? Always carries a threat at set pieces.. might be worth a shout?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

For the price it's not bad, but it's only a temporary move and I wonder if any cheap defender transfer would be better either freeing up cash or spending more. Newcastle and Watford would be my 4.5 of choice at the moment, but I think Evans is probably worth the extra 0.3 if you can squeeze to it.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Mister Talons wrote:
OIEIAO wrote:Martin Kelly (Crystal Palace) could be worth a look at £4.3m with Dann seemingly being out for 4 weeks, not the tightest of defences usually but their fixtures are turning for the better very soon.
On PhysioRoom and FPL, Dann isn't listed as injured, whereas Delaney and Ward are, with no return date on PhysioRoom for Delaney and the 3rd of October for Ward (10th of October on FPL).

So.. Hangeland @ £4.3M? Always carries a threat at set pieces.. might be worth a shout?
Apologies I think I got Ward and Dann mixed up.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Turd Ferguson wrote:What about Haidara/Coloccini from Newcastle? Their fixtures look great from GW9 through Christmas.
Agree with this, think Coloccini could be a decent shout from GW9.

DamnedUtd
Wideboy

Post by DamnedUtd »

Hangeland (CPL) at 4.3 looks good value if he can hold his place. Or will Delaney walk back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

LAMPS27 wrote:
Agree with this, think Coloccini could be a decent shout from GW9.
Janmaat is the most attacking fullback in the league and costs only 0.4 more. Something to consider.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

The much mooted by FISO - Janmaat has 9 pts from the six out of seven games he's played so far, which doesn't engender him to me.... :?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I went with Souare as my Gomez replacement last night at 4.5. Palace are just embarking on a great fixture run and have looked reasonably solid in the last two fixtures. He's also an every present this season so AFAIK no chance of rotation.

Palace's fixtures:

Gameweek 8 - West Brom (H)
Gameweek 9 - West Ham (H)

Gameweek 10 - Leicester (A)
Gameweek 11 - Man Utd (H)
Gameweek 12 - Liverpool (A)
Gameweek 13 - Sunderland (H)
Gameweek 14 - Newcastle (H)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Has Hutton got his place back? 4.3 now

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I took a punt on Davies of Spurs. Seems to be holding down his place in the team.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I would also like to move Gomez on for Davies. Who would normally be in his position?

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Rose is one option, but while he keeps making at least one ridiculous error every Europa League game he is unlikely to return to the Premier League team.

Vertonghen is really a left back, but is doing so well at centre half with a similarly OOP right back (maybe because they speak the same language?) that he is unlikely to be shifted out unless their current good defensive form is spectacularly terminated - which, being Spurs, is likely to happen at any time.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”