To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Henderson/Milner

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Re: Henderson/Milner

Post by bigcliff2 »

Milner is 100% nailed on to play every game when fit, I would imagine. Don't let thoughts of rotation be a reason not to pick Milner

Mike James
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,067th in FPL 2007-2008

Post by Mike James »

I'm 100% starting with Milner...

...probably

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

As we know Benteke was on penalties in Aston Villa. Is there any chance Henderson will be second to Belgian on his penalty duties in Liverpool?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

bspittles wrote:I can't decide either way, so I've got both in my current draft:

Fabianski, Schmeichel
Azpi, O'Shea, Yoshida, Fuchs, Mertesacker
Hazard, Sterling, Henderson, Milner, Schneiderlin
Aguerro, Defoe, Crouch

I'd prefer to lose one of them to boost my forwards, so maybe one will pick up an injury to make the decision for me....
I know this isn't a RMT, but Crouch is far from a certain starter these days, with Diouf around. Far better, or at least safer, options around at that price point.

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

any pool fans here watch the friendlies? how does the centre mid pair look? who's getting forward, who's hanging back? i assume milner has licence to roam a bit?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I watched a rerun this am,(Just the first half) then skipped to the end to see the result cos I had seen enough :roll: .
Im not lpool fan, they were pretty ordinary, Milner his usual workhorse self, Henderson got up there , Loven got up there too, ,they looked like they need a couple more top class players, all were mediocre, but as I said Im not a Lpool fan so if you saw a different game that's fine... :)

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I watched their friendlies.

Henderson was sitting a little deeper than Milner in both friendlies, with the latter getting into the box as much as possible, especially when Liverpool's attack came from the wings.

I guess you could say he was playing a Frank Lampard type game with late runs into the box, whilst Henderson was playing the deeper Gerrard role we grew accustom to in his later years at Liverpool. However, Henderson still got forward on occasions, but I think as everything seemed to go through him, he may become more an assistors assister from open play attacks. For that reason I'm leaning towards Milner if I had to choose one, as we know he can find the goals, and he was getting into dangerous positions quite frequently.

Just speculating a little, however I think the fact that Milner (and Coutinho when back) may possibly take a few corners from Henderson, as he (Milner) did in preseason, and the arrival of Benteke, may just diminish Henderson's expected attacking returns from set pieces and possibly pens, hence I'm leaning towards the one with a greater attacking threat from open play.

Milner it is! (Maybe, possibly, not quite sure I'll have either yet ;)

Neil D
FISOhead

Post by Neil D »

I think there is a good chance Benteke will be Liverpool's new penalty taker.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

I'm thinking now with Hendo a bit underpriced and all the big shouts for Milner, if there is room for both of them in a team. Alongside two premium midfielders it would be viable financially - any thoughts on accomodating both? My guess is every team will have one or the other.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Corroded Soul wrote:I'm thinking now with Hendo a bit underpriced and all the big shouts for Milner, if there is room for both of them in a team. Alongside two premium midfielders it would be viable financially - any thoughts on accomodating both? My guess is every team will have one or the other.
Both are very good options in their own right and I know choosing which one fires is a bit of a lottery right now, but both would be overkill in my opinion.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Notned wrote:
Corroded Soul wrote:I'm thinking now with Hendo a bit underpriced and all the big shouts for Milner, if there is room for both of them in a team. Alongside two premium midfielders it would be viable financially - any thoughts on accomodating both? My guess is every team will have one or the other.
Both are very good options in their own right and I know choosing which one fires is a bit of a lottery right now, but both would be overkill in my opinion.
I guess it's a double whammy in reverse if neither produce in a game whereas only having one frees up space for a Chadli or a Cabaye (similar price examples). Milner is tempting though, this is a real crossroads.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”