To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Budget Midfielders (£4.5m)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Budget Midfielders (£4.5m)

Post by Notned »

Just seen a Leicester predicted line up which listed both King and Drinkwater as likely starters.. could be one worth monitoring. I guess many people may already have a couple of Leicester players though, which could make it tricky.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Notned wrote:Just seen a Leicester predicted line up which listed both King and Drinkwater as likely starters.. could be one worth monitoring. I guess many people may already have a couple of Leicester players though, which could make it tricky.
Where did you see the predicted line-up? I'm looking for one for Sunderland and a few other teams.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
Notned wrote:Just seen a Leicester predicted line up which listed both King and Drinkwater as likely starters.. could be one worth monitoring. I guess many people may already have a couple of Leicester players though, which could make it tricky.
Where did you see the predicted line-up? I'm looking for one for Sunderland and a few other teams.
It was on another more general football forum I lurk on a bit. There are quite a few posted. All opinion based rather than official though so probably mainly conjecture. Can't recall seeing a Sunderland one though, which is unfortunate cos their defence is looking a bit of a minefield so far!

http://www.footballforums.net/showthrea ... ext-season

Only the latter few pages are worth looking at, as most of the earlier ones were more like wishlists before any moves had been made. I'll warn you there is also a lot of petty, immature shite to sift through, as with most forums.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

There is something worth considering when choosing a 5th mid, and that is the number of cards he receives. Players like Wanyama can get the odd goal/bonus and will get some clean sheet points, but the most likely scenario when he actually has to be played is for him to get a yellow card, thus returning only 1 or 2 points. So, Wanyama looks better than Fletcher for additional returns, but Fletcher is less likely to piss you by getting carded.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Le Red wrote:So, Wanyama looks better than Fletcher for additional returns, but Fletcher is less likely to piss you by getting carded.
I hope Gooberman is paying attention :lol:

cuzza
Kevin and Perry

Post by cuzza »

mayweather wrote:delph could be a good bet. surely will keep the fernandos out who were rubbish last season
He would definitely be the one were he £4.5. You can't mean THE Fernandos, surely? Fernandinho is probably our best midfielder from deep... he had a good season last year and is definitely one of our most important players. Fernando on the other hand, yes - absolute rubbish. I'd fancy Delph to take his place in the squad.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

A lot of shouts for Wanyama but isn't he a defensive midfielder who obviously won't be scoring or assisting? Surely there must be a 4.5 mid somewhere with a bit more attacking potential?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

gooberman wrote:A lot of shouts for Wanyama but isn't he a defensive midfielder who obviously won't be scoring or assisting? Surely there must be a 4.5 mid somewhere with a bit more attacking potential?
who cares? you won't start him anyway. he'll get his 2 goals and 2 assists but that doesn't really matter, what matters is that he's nailed on and guaranteed 2 points every week.

chandler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chandler »

Jonny Howson worth a look in. Has plenty of attacking potential for a 5.0m midfielder

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

gallus wrote:
gooberman wrote:A lot of shouts for Wanyama but isn't he a defensive midfielder who obviously won't be scoring or assisting? Surely there must be a 4.5 mid somewhere with a bit more attacking potential?
who cares? you won't start him anyway. he'll get his 2 goals and 2 assists but that doesn't really matter, what matters is that he's nailed on and guaranteed 2 points every week.
Southampton have excellent (probably the best) opening fixtures. I wouldn't want to burn a southampton spot up by using bench fodder.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

gallus wrote:
I am looking for a 4.5m mid to rotate with Albrighton so I could do with somebody who has some sort of attacking potential rather than a defensive midfielder.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Notned wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:
It was on another more general football forum I lurk on a bit. There are quite a few posted. All opinion based rather than official though so probably mainly conjecture. Can't recall seeing a Sunderland one though, which is unfortunate cos their defence is looking a bit of a minefield so far!

http://www.footballforums.net/showthrea ... ext-season

Only the latter few pages are worth looking at, as most of the earlier ones were more like wishlists before any moves had been made. I'll warn you there is also a lot of petty, immature shite to sift through, as with most forums.
Thanks buddy.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

With his relatively high ownership and the very little attacking threat he offers, I think he should be avoided. Should something happen to him (red card, injury), casuals will sell him and his high ownership means his price will drop. A risk not worth it at all IMO

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think his large ownership will protect him from price falls. 20% of the game have picked him and half of those owners will have lost interest by GW3 :lol:
FPLSheep wrote:View: Midfielders => Sort By: Total Score => With a maximum price of: 4.5 - Oh Wanayama scored the most last year, I'll pick him.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

I've just brought Matt Targett in as my cheapest defender, so don't want to burn another Southampton slot on Wanyama. Behrami for me at the moment.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
Also this thread: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... underland/. From a Leicester fan forum, so read it as you like/want.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

From4corners wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:
Also this thread: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... underland/. From a Leicester fan forum, so read it as you like/want.
King could be a good option then. Although, I already have my quota of Leicester filled ( :shock: )...

See Mulumbu scored and assisted for Norwich yesterday. Nailed?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

With all these talks about 4.5 midfielders to start with (I guess that is the main purpose of this thread), what about starting with five bigger/more expensively priced midfielders and downgrade one of them in GW4 to a 4.5M midfielder that enables one to upgrade a Rooney/Costa to Aguero. I am currently set up with this thought as it will give me time to decide on which 4.5m to get in while exploiting my five potentially more rewarding midfielders. Surely/Possibly, this will give you a benching dilemma that I am currently facing, at least for the first week.

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

What about Stanislas (Bournemouth)?
Yesterday he scored twice and he's got 3 goals in preseason...

Is he going to start?

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

vendzol wrote:What about Stanislas (Bournemouth)?
Yesterday he scored twice and he's got 3 goals in preseason...

Is he going to start?
I Very much doubt it, he had a pretty good pre season last season but was pants when he got league minutes. Ritchie is a guarantee and Pugh will likely play on the other side. Plus Max Gradel is rumoured to be close to joining.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

A Spurs fan on FFS says they have been keen to try and get Dier accustomed to a defensive midfield role in pre-season, and that this increases the likelihood of Bentaleb filling a bit more of a box to box role. Could be worth keeping an eye on.

iindra
Cheetah

Post by iindra »

I choose Coquelin (ARS)

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

iindra wrote:I choose Coquelin (ARS)
i also but most people stating he would use an Arsenal spot so still undecided, the thing is i would be tempted to play him in Arsenal Easy games hoping he nick an assist

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

He got no goals or assists last season, a total waste of an Arsenal spot really.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Sammy the Crab wrote:He got no goals or assists last season, a total waste of an Arsenal spot really.
no did get a few assist from one of those Sanchez screamers, and to be fair he did make some great passes but the chances wasn't taken

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

fred1266 wrote:
i also but most people stating he would use an Arsenal spot so still undecided, the thing is i would be tempted to play him in Arsenal Easy games hoping he nick an assist
As much as I love the Le coq, he is useless in FPL imo..

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Is Andy King looking like he might start?

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

JLH wrote:
fred1266 wrote:
As much as I love the Le coq, he is useless in FPL imo..
yea i guess, just picked up a yellow

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

JVRB48 wrote:Is Andy King looking like he might start?
I've been wondering this too. He only scored 57 last season, presumably hence his low price, but that was with less than 1400 minutes - but is that because he was injured, or not first choice, does anyone know for certain why he played so little last year? And does anyone have a clue of the likelihood of him being first choice this year?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”