To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raheem Sterling

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Raheem Sterling

Post by Mav3rick »

I picked Sterling at the start and expected him to be further forward than he has been. He's been a really good team player for city with his combinations with Kolarov and Silva but from an FPL perspective he's look far less threatening that I expected. There were times in GW1 and 2 when I was very frustrated to see him hanging back outside the area whilst Kolarov and Silva made the forward runs around him.

He had one or two chances in the first game, but since Aguero has been back I've not been impressed. For the extra 1.0 you get Silva which is a massive upgrade for the cash.

I'd take the hit if Sterling is going to drop again while Silva rises, otherwise you can probably just wait a week and see what happens.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Well I have Silva too (the reasoning behind having Sterling at the start was so that I could attain three City players for GW4 without wildcarding). Just a shame that Sterling is looking like he might not be such a great fantasy option. I agree that he's doing a good job for City.

I'll keep an eye on FPLS throughout the week - really hoping those who have held him this long will see WAT (H) and decide to stick for this week at least, as can't really afford another price drop with the shape my TV is in.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'd stick then. Who would you transfer in with a better fixture/chance of points this week than Sterling at home to Watford?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Stemania wrote:I'd stick then. Who would you transfer in with a better fixture/chance of points this week than Sterling at home to Watford?
The only possible answer to this is Yaya, but I'm not wasting a transfer on that when really their expected points must be pretty close together for the next run of games (and Sterling could yet establish himself as the better option). So yeah, will be sticking and hoping for the best, both in terms of price and points.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:Sterling could easily turn out to be a beneficiary as he'll likely spend more time in and around the box.
Hi Andy Townsend, welcome to FISO! :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Not for me, Clive. ;)

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

So Sterling has finally rewarded us with a goal. Does this change your plan to offload him or are you keeping to see if this will continue ?
i think i will still take him out, havent watched tha game but the logic is the same plus the arrival of KDB might not be a great thing for him. I believe Navas/Sterling could be rotated to accomodate KDB on the left. Thoughts about Sterling's future ?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

On current form he has to be nailed on, although certainly a substitution risk (never seems to get the full 90). I'm probably keeping him. The fact that City finally got their breakthrough when they switched things around and gave Sterling a more central position is also promising. I'm not saying I expect him to be playing there regularly, but he might from time to time.

Only reason I'm even considering getting rid would be to free up a Man City spot for Kolarov.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Isn't it the school half-term the week after the international break? Presumably the poor lad will be getting a bit tired and will be claiming one of the three Caribbean holidays he had written into his contract. More a relaxation risk than a rotation risk . . .

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd say Sterling is another one of those hold if you have, ignore if you don't players, especially with KDB coming in and having an as yet unknown effect on the team.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Against Watford, Sterling has been played as a second striker to break the deadlock in second half and it's been very effective. With so much attention from defenders on Aguero, Pellegrini launched Sterling in the mix and it worked. He later explained it was a tactic that could work out again.
This would obviously be very beneficial to Sterlings point potential. Aguero dragging defenders and leaving gaps for him to score (if he can improve his finish of course).
What do you reckon are the chances for Sterling to play as second striker ? Could a scenario emerge where Sterling becomes the best option in City's midfield ? (wishful thinking)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”