To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

Post by The Catman »

MoSe wrote:I found out there's a 20yo fwd at Gemio named ...Everton!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton_Soares

it would be cool to have Everton playing for Everton

Everton, Everton
just like
New York, New York
;)
I'm still gutted that Fulham's Moussa Dembele didn't move to Spurs...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

Post by liquidfootball2 »

The Username wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Steve Walsh of Leicester set to move to Everton as Sporting director of Football (DoF)
According to the telegraph

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegr ... -wals/amp/#
There is truth in it, Everton want him, he has a 1mill release clause, hes keen apparently because its closer to his family and he had a brother who played for everton. Innitial offer was knocked back by Leicester though.
BREAKING: Sky sources: Everton agree deal in principle with Leicester for Steve Walsh to become Director of Football

https://t.co/Zb8fZlVM9t

This is now getting very worrying for Leicester and perhaps signals the end of their golden period as there is plenty of speculation about Mahrez following Kanté out the door, and now their DoF who was so instrumental in getting Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté goes.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Some very interesting disciplinary rule changes coming in as per Bbc:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570

Offences which could earn players a yellow card

Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official;
An aggressive response to decisions;
Confronting an official face to face;
Running towards an official to contest a decision;
Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials;
Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner;
A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.

New red card offences

If a player confronts match officials and uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them;
Physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.

Could be a slew of early cards! Not sure exactly how it will effect fpl picks; i.e. which players won't be able to handle it. Some of the bigger teams in particular are going to have to change their referee contesting culture completely. :shock:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

so you get booked when you shake hands with officials
"Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner"

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

liquidfootball2 wrote: This is now getting very worrying for Leicester and perhaps signals the end of their golden period as there is plenty of speculation about Mahrez following Kanté out the door, and now their DoF who was so instrumental in getting Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté goes.

Everton have made a statement of intent after raiding Premier League champions Leicester City for their head of recruitment, Steve Walsh.

Walsh will be confirmed as Everton’s new director of football on Wednesday in a potentially damaging blow to Leicester City as they prepare to defend their title.

Everton have agreed to pay about £2  million in compensation to land the highly regarded recruitment chief, who also doubled up as Leicester’s assistant manager, and talks were concluded on Tuesday.

Though Leicester initially rejected an approach from the Merseysiders, Walsh made it clear he wanted to speak to Everton officials to set the move in motion.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegr ... emo-s/amp/#

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

Post by The Username »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote: This is now getting very worrying for Leicester and perhaps signals the end of their golden period as there is plenty of speculation about Mahrez following Kanté out the door, and now their DoF who was so instrumental in getting Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté goes.

Everton have made a statement of intent after raiding Premier League champions Leicester City for their head of recruitment, Steve Walsh.

Walsh will be confirmed as Everton’s new director of football on Wednesday in a potentially damaging blow to Leicester City as they prepare to defend their title.

Everton have agreed to pay about £2  million in compensation to land the highly regarded recruitment chief, who also doubled up as Leicester’s assistant manager, and talks were concluded on Tuesday.

Though Leicester initially rejected an approach from the Merseysiders, Walsh made it clear he wanted to speak to Everton officials to set the move in motion.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegr ... emo-s/amp/#
He was wanted as well by the majority of the PL, Everton were not the only club to try and entice him he has strong links to Everton and the North West.

In other news Everton are trying to put a deal together for William Carvalho. Witsel has stalled somewhat and no progress made, Everton thought they had him in the bag but hes content to have a look around, similarly with Mata.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

The Username wrote:

In other news Everton are trying to put a deal together for William Carvalho. Witsel has stalled somewhat and no progress made, Everton thought they had him in the bag but hes content to have a look around, similarly with Mata.
Thanks again TU, this ties into what others are saying. I've heard Witsel has been offered a premium to join us so we've gone as far as possible and if he prefers to wait then perhaps it's better to move on.

With not hearing more on Mata i presumed he's keeping his options open and see what transpires, no real secret José's not keen.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

Post by The Username »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
The Username wrote:

Thanks again TU, this ties into what others are saying. I've heard Witsel has been offered a premium to join us so we've gone as far as possible and if he prefers to wait then perhaps it's better to move on.

With not hearing more on Mata i presumed he's keeping his options open and see what transpires, no real secret José's not keen.
Witsel is a bit of a mess mate, we had an agreement with him and one of his agents on the deal during the Euros. He was due to sign when he got back from his break after the Euros. Heres the problem offically his Dad is his agent, but he has numerous agents representing him in different countries. We had an agreement with one agent and the player. However his agents in different countries who wouldnt be party to a cut of the deal with Everton are halking him around other countries and making promises of a better deal, Champions League etc to the player to try and get a cut of a deal. We thought we had it over the line last week before the murkier world of football kicked in.

Its not dead, but we are getting rightly cheesed of with the antics. He wont find a better deal elsewhere in my opinion but we may or may not move on.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Read the esk saying pretty much this, seems to have too many agents all battling each other and wanting a cut and what's best for them with the player being considered after that.

Tbf i only really want him because i trust Koeman and he obviously does. He did very little in the Euros and that's the limit of my real viewing of him (admittedly not very much).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Big Sam to be appointed England manager in the next 24 hrs - sky yellow strip

Open secret for a while but about to be confirmed

Sam Allardyce to be named England Manager in the next 24 hours (SkySports)

Sunderland going to be managerless and playing Man City away first game of the season. If Aguero wasn't nailed on (c) already this just rubber stamped it in my opinion

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

TU, liquid, after a summer away I come back and straight away find some of your posts. As ever they are informative and insightful

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I think I count one more outfield player (according to FPL) than the BBC do but man, Hull's defence has taken a battering recently!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/368 ... name=sport

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Read the esk saying pretty much this, seems to have too many agents all battling each other and wanting a cut and what's best for them with the player being considered after that.

Tbf i only really want him because i trust Koeman and he obviously does. He did very little in the Euros and that's the limit of my real viewing of him (admittedly not very much).
Significant progress made on Carvalho yesterday and today club are very confident maybe even this week. Things can always stall though as with Witsel and never offical until it's done but confidence in this one is huge.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

do we have to leave now?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”