To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Jarlie
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

Post by Jarlie »

The Username wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
The Username wrote:Odds shortening on Mata to Everton I see.
Yes Mata looking likely, enquiry on Begovic availability.

Moshiri may be making efforts to warn Lukaku's agent that they won't release him

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/06/18/ ... wn/291261/
One of Stones or Lukaku, is likely to leave mate. Conversely we have to much money, in order to spend it we need to create space in the wage bill.Financial fair play compliance.

We could try to shift some of the dead wood but they are all on nice little earners and would be hard to get similar contracts elsewhere.

The Mata interest is very strong and sounds have been positive from his side. Begovic enquiry was to state an interest everything is on a bit of pause at Chelsea at the moment with Conte elsewise engaged. I believe his situation may be linked to what happens to Courtous, he's apparently fallen out with a lot of staff and officials at Chelsea and was one of the agitators in Mourhinos demise. There is also some substance in Witsel and Strootman praticulary Wiesel. On transfers though, especially this time of the year it's like shadow boxing.
Mata for Stones?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2015 - 16

Post by liquidfootball2 »

The Username wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
The Username wrote:Odds shortening on Mata to Everton I see.
Yes Mata looking likely, enquiry on Begovic availability.

Moshiri may be making efforts to warn Lukaku's agent that they won't release him

One of Stones or Lukaku, is likely to leave mate. Conversely we have to much money, in order to spend it we need to create space in the wage bill.Financial fair play compliance.

We could try to shift some of the dead wood but they are all on nice little earners and would be hard to get similar contracts elsewhere.

The Mata interest is very strong and sounds have been positive from his side. Begovic enquiry was to state an interest everything is on a bit of pause at Chelsea at the moment with Conte elsewise engaged. I believe his situation may be linked to what happens to Courtous, he's apparently fallen out with a lot of staff and officials at Chelsea and was one of the agitators in Mourhinos demise. There is also some substance in Witsel and Strootman praticulary Wiesel. On transfers though, especially this time of the year it's like shadow boxing.
Yes i've read this too, financial fair play just seems to have been invented to protect the elite and stop others advancing. I think originally it's intention was to stop more Portsmouth or Leeds situations, but as usual, as with a lot of Platini's ideas, wasn't thought through and it's big effect has been to curtail ambition. (or perhaps that was what they intended as its purpose).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Wanyama on his way to Spurs for 11 to 12m - medical today

A lot of speculation on Mané too.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Croatian ultras determined to get their own team kicked out of the Euros and set to act and disrupt game v Spain (over dispute with Croatian FA who they accuse of being corrupt)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-8230937

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Croatian ultras determined to get their own team kicked out of the Euros and set to act and disrupt game v Spain (over dispute with Croatian FA who they accuse of being corrupt)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-8230937
I don't see the problem, Torcida people are known to Croatian police. Just give their names to the French police and if they can't keep them out then the whole tournament should be canceled.

Jarlie
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Jarlie »

gallus wrote:the whole tournament should be canceled.
This.

What a waste of time and money.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

The Username wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:

Mino Raiola keeps all options open for Romelu Lukaku: "If he leaves, it's has to be a good deal for all parties involved" (Sportwereld) #efc

MR: "#EFC don't need money anymore. Rom wants to play for a club that can win trophies. Something's changed at #efc: there's a new project"

I get the sense superagent Raiola is backtracking or at least softening his stance after the word from Moshiri's Russian mate Sasha Ryazantsev, i'm now not so convinced we'll be selling him, they know about FFP but have still acted.

If he goes then it will have to be really beneficial for us too which probably limits it to just Chelsea or PSG, as I doubt anyone else (Real or Barca) is interested that could afford our likely asking price.

The Esk reckons we need an extra 35-40m in non broadcasting revenues for financial year 2016/17 if we don't make a player trading profit but thinks this is a possibility - said he'll go into detail later in the week. Pretty sure he's mentioned our modest income from current deals with sponsors Chang and kitbag are going to be replaced with far more lucrative ones.

I must admit I have just assumed it was a forgone conclusion he was off and all the talk seemed to indicate that, it still very probable but whatever happens now it certainly seems as if it's been explained we aren't getting pushed around. If he was to leave it'd be on our terms and all we have to offer has clearly been explained to him .

I think his agent is a big player used to pushIng clubs around and achieve the best for his client and he certainly isn't someone given to softening or backtracking. It's plain to say he's well connected inside the game but his 'connections' outside the game mean that he is incredibly used to getting his way on just so many levels .

There has been plenty to get excited about by this new regime but wherever lukaku ends up playing next year this is amongst the most exciting, it's clear that all the rumours are based in fact. It certainly looks like Everton are planning to be serious players .

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2016/ ... ent-morata
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT | 21/06/2016

Real Madrid C. F. have informed Juventus FC of their decision to salvage the federative rights on the player Álvaro Morata,
who will join up with the first team for pre-season training under the command of Zinedine Zidane.
that is, they activated the buy-back clause (which expired July 15)

ongoing rumors have RM willing to sell him on right away, they're after the money, not the player
the player has increased in value in the two years he played with Juve
they have alreasy set the new price tag
http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/trans ... ing-price/
A price tag of €75 million has been placed on Alvaro Morata by Real Madrid, should they wish to put him on the transfer market this summer.
Los Blancos President Florentino Perez will buy back the striker from Juventus for a fee of €32m, after ensuring that the young forward’s move to the Serie A champions possessed a buy-back clause.
The Spaniard has taken the starting spot in Vicente del Bosque’s Spain squad, becoming one of the standout players of the tournament in the process.
Morata will also likely be one of the big stars of the transfer window and Real Madrid officials will certainly not be short of offers for the 23-year-old.
The club are prepared to open the door to anyone, with the sale of the striker having the potential to be one of the biggest in the club’s history if they receive the kind of offer they are looking for.
Originally published on Marca.com by Simon Harrison
Juve had bought him for €20mln two years ago
RM buy him back for €32mln
they want to sell him again for €75mln

I post this as Premier League is one of the possible, if not likely, destinations
Liverpool for instance had contacted Juve in January
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... a-Juventus
Liverpool begin talks over £45m striker transfer as doubts over Daniel Sturridge remain
LIVERPOOL have contacted Juventus in a bid to sign Alvaro Morata, according to reports.
now the price is much higher tho

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

heard it 60 they want

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Arsenal need to offer 50 for Morata. He's a class above Giroud and still young.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Exactly what I would have done on football manager! Cheeky Madrid. :lol:

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

gallus wrote:Arsenal need to offer 50 for Morata. He's a class above Giroud and still young.
i still think it would be better to offer 60 for someone like Aubameng instead of 50 for Morata

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

fred1266 wrote:
gallus wrote:Arsenal need to offer 50 for Morata. He's a class above Giroud and still young.
i still think it would be better to offer 60 for someone like Aubameng instead of 50 for Morata
yeah Aubameyang is a good choice. I've heard rumors about him going to City though.

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

gallus wrote:
fred1266 wrote:
yeah Aubameyang is a good choice. I've heard rumors about him going to City though.
yeah heard that also don't know why Arsenal don't attempt also, sure AW can convince him not to got City cause he would be a second choice striker

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

fred1266 wrote:heard it 60 they want
yep €75m or £60m
more or less (currently £60m * 1.3-ish would give €78m)

they might settle for a little less (or even more sould an 'auction' set on as they hope)
but having paid now Morata less than £25m would let them get a big gain anyway

outside PL, I don't thnk RM would sell to Barça (were they even interested),
it could only be PSG or Bayern
the French ARE left with Cavani who might also leave and would be looking for a striker

BTW IIRC the breakup clause for Higuain is £73m (€95m)
they were negotiating in march a contract upgrade to raise his wage from net €5.5m to €7.5m/y,
and the clause up to €105m (almost £81m) expressly to raise the bar for the likes of Bayern and Utd
(in italian) http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/c ... o_al_2020/
Gonzalo can prove himself in CL with Napoli too, so to convince him, on top of the clause you should also offer him a wage above £6m/y

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
The Username wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:

Mino Raiola keeps all options open for Romelu Lukaku: "If he leaves, it's has to be a good deal for all parties involved" (Sportwereld) #efc

MR: "#EFC don't need money anymore. Rom wants to play for a club that can win trophies. Something's changed at #efc: there's a new project"

I get the sense superagent Raiola is backtracking or at least softening his stance after the word from Moshiri's Russian mate Sasha Ryazantsev, i'm now not so convinced we'll be selling him, they know about FFP but have still acted.

If he goes then it will have to be really beneficial for us too which probably limits it to just Chelsea or PSG, as I doubt anyone else (Real or Barca) is interested that could afford our likely asking price.

The Esk reckons we need an extra 35-40m in non broadcasting revenues for financial year 2016/17 if we don't make a player trading profit but thinks this is a possibility - said he'll go into detail later in the week. Pretty sure he's mentioned our modest income from current deals with sponsors Chang and kitbag are going to be replaced with far more lucrative ones.

I must admit I have just assumed it was a forgone conclusion he was off and all the talk seemed to indicate that, it still very probable but whatever happens now it certainly seems as if it's been explained we aren't getting pushed around. If he was to leave it'd be on our terms and all we have to offer has clearly been explained to him .

I think his agent is a big player used to pushIng clubs around and achieve the best for his client and he certainly isn't someone given to softening or backtracking. It's plain to say he's well connected inside the game but his 'connections' outside the game mean that he is incredibly used to getting his way on just so many levels .

There has been plenty to get excited about by this new regime but wherever lukaku ends up playing next year this is amongst the most exciting, it's clear that all the rumours are based in fact. It certainly looks like Everton are planning to be serious players .
My understanding of the meeting mate, was that it was very amicable, key issue is that Rom wants to go, unless he swayed in that by some of the high profile players likely to come in or waits to see, i doubt it to be honest. He wont be allowed to move cheaply and as you rightly point out there are only a few clubs who could afford him at north of 50-60 mill. The meeting i think was setting this out the boundries for any potential deal, its up to interested clubs to meet his cost, Everton dont need the money rather space on the wage bill for financial fair play. Raiola is back tracking a little in the sense he knows Everton now have money and could be a bigger cash cow for his clients then a once off Rom deal, thats the reason why his tune has changed. Its not in his business intersts going forward to be blacklisted by Everton. In my opinion Rom will leave, would be a big about turn if he stays and has some bridges to mend. If he stays, Stones will go. City had a huge interest in Barkley in Jan window and a potential deal was very far down the line, thats all gone cold though given the changes there.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

The Username wrote:
My understanding of the meeting mate, was that it was very amicable, key issue is that Rom wants to go, unless he swayed in that by some of the high profile players likely to come in or waits to see, i doubt it to be honest. He wont be allowed to move cheaply and as you rightly point out there are only a few clubs who could afford him at north of 50-60 mill. The meeting i think was setting this out the boundries for any potential deal, its up to interested clubs to meet his cost, Everton dont need the money rather space on the wage bill for financial fair play. Raiola is back tracking a little in the sense he knows Everton now have money and could be a bigger cash cow for his clients then a once off Rom deal, thats the reason why his tune has changed. Its not in his business intersts going forward to be blacklisted by Everton. In my opinion Rom will leave, would be a big about turn if he stays and has some bridges to mend. If he stays, Stones will go. City had a huge interest in Barkley in Jan window and a potential deal was very far down the line, thats all gone cold though given the changes there.

Thanks username, it's pretty much what i'm thinking anyway, never thought for one minute he didn't want to go and we'll wait and see if PSG or Chelsea want to pay that much. Yes it definitely looks as though the agent is eyeing up potential business with us and it would definitely be in his own interests to soften his tone.

The esk has now written an article which pretty much says it's Stones or Lukaku, however he seems to think Stones the likelier. Just his opinion of course but does backup what you've been saying.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/06/22 ... gulations/

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

He's saying two things on why Everton would prefer a Stones transfer.

Lukaku although really wanting to leave, is a prolific goalscorer, a far more expensive signing and much harder to replace.

Stones would obviously not fetch the same asking price but was bought for relatively speaking buttons and so would generate virtually total profit with 35m possibly expected.

I must admit i optimistically and probably naively hope there's a way round the FFP rules and one of Moshiri's companies or subsidiary companies can sponsor us as a sort of loan deal recouping the cash when it's financially more convenient in accounting terms.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Some referendum day cheer:

Swedish lower league player gets send off for farting in a match... :lol:

''I asked the referee, ‘What, am I not allowed to break wind a little?’ ‘No,’ he replied … I don’t get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not.''

Amazing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ring-match

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote:Some referendum day cheer:

Swedish lower league player gets send off for farting in a match... :lol:

''I asked the referee, ‘What, am I not allowed to break wind a little?’ ‘No,’ he replied … I don’t get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not.''

Amazing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ring-match
"I spoke to the referee afterwards, I was annoyed, but there were no bad words. I just said he was a buffoon.”

:lol: :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

He's writing a book about it.

"I am Fart-an".

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Brexit effects on the Premier League?

(of course I'm mainly interested in the Fantasy game fallout, so my question belongs here and not in Football Talk)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

It depends on what the UK decides to do on free movement/VISAs.

They did a study apparently. As things stand any EU national player with insufficient international caps would be rejected work permits (and therefore a transfer) in the same way non-EU nationals currently are. If Scotland have another referendum and leave the UK then that applies to them too. A huge percentage of current league players would also be required to apply for a work permit to stay.

Here's some data on that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35919247

"More than 100 Premier League players would be affected with Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Watford facing losing 11 players from their squads, while Championship side Charlton Athletic would need to find 13 replacements.

In fact, only 23 of the 180 non-British EU players currently playing in the Championship would get work permits - and most of those are former internationals from Ireland or Commonwealth nations with British passports.

Remarkably, none of the 53 non-British EU players in the Scottish Premiership would qualify for a permit on the basis of their international career alone.

That is the same situation for 63 non-British EU players in League One and 46 in League Two."

However, assuming the UK makes some kindof non-VISA free-movement agreement in the next two years then nothing much should change in reality, and so FPL shouldn't be too affected. It's certainly not going to strengthen the league anyhow. Perhaps investment in home-grown players in the short term to avoid any uncertainty?

If the UK doesn't agree a free-movement or VISA free thing then it seems fairly clear to be terrible news for the PL brand and a complete unmitigated disaster for the lower leagues. But as far as I understand it the most likely scenario is that the UK will rejoin the single market anyway and so have complete free-movement as it is now and nothing should change long term. Buying players from abroad will of course be more expensive at least in the very short term now the pound has fallen dramatically. :(

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

"the most likely scenario is that the UK will rejoin the single market" on another forum somenone suggested indeed UK might ask to stay in the EEA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Economic_Area
(had to google it ;) )

I had indeed checked, and it looks like so far the impact on the € rate has been a bit less dramatical than vs $, "just" about 6%

for instance €75m for Morata went from yesterday's £57.7m to today £60.5m

_____

another issue our paper hinted at is the FIFA Art.19 regarding under 18 transfers forbidden, except for 16yo inside EU
Brexit could also spell the end of the influx of teenage players from the European Union, such as Cesc Fabregas and Adnan Januzaj, who were previously considered as ‘homegrown’ players after moving to Arsenal and Manchester United respectively at the age of 16.
or Paul Pogba for instance, before Juve snatched him (sending Fegurson furious)
which could also help turning to true british homegrown

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Redmond to Southampton confirmed. Could be one to keep an eye on if Mane goes and he is priced well.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Brexit: "You'll have to walk alone" :mrgreen:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

MoSe wrote:Brexit: "You'll have to walk alone" :mrgreen:
We voted out to get rid of people like you. :wink:

[I'm joking obviously, I voted Remain]

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

It might actually benefit the England team in the long term as it would chop out some of like-for-like level EU players we have now while keeping the class acts, so the clubs would be more or less forced to play English players which are not as marketable in terms of global branding but are probably just as good on the park.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Southampton's Sadio Mané having a medical at Liverpool with a view to being Klopp's latest signing for £36m.

Mané follows Spurs new signing Wanyama and manager Koeman out of the club although they look to have a new manager in place shortly.

Southampton have signed Redmond as a replacement for Mané.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 27 Jun 2016, 10:28, edited 4 times in total.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Saints on the verge of appointing Frenchman Claude Puel as their new manager according to the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ew-manage/

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”