To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Defensive gems

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Defensive gems

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Is he any good? Been in 2 relegated defences in the last two years, and QPR were awful last year.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Is he any good? Been in 2 relegated defences in the last two years, and QPR were awful last year.
He's great in the air, I can see him get 3+ goals if he starts.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

RidleyMTB wrote:Caulker 5m is my guess
4.5m would be great but prob 5.0m

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Is he any good? Been in 2 relegated defences in the last two years, and QPR were awful last year.
Looked great in his Spurs days. Disappointed at QPR by all accounts, but that was probably as much due to the players he had around him as much as anything. I think he's definitely a far better player than he showed there, and could be a shrewd signing if he can re-discover some of his old form.

He'll come in at 5m at a guess. Pretty sure that was his starting price last season. Shame, because at that I have no room for him. I guess the hope is that FPL towers think he'll be competing for a starting berth with Yoshida and price him at 4.5m too. He'd be straight in for me I think at that price.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I reckon this too, although he could come in at 4.5 if nobody is sure who is first choice. Would be a hard choice between him and Cedric if both are playing and priced at 5.0, although I'd probably pick Cedric based on security of starts right now.

NaturalFootballFan
Treebeard

Post by NaturalFootballFan »

I wrote an article concentrating on 4.5m defenders, take a look here; http://fplbet.com/the-best-4-5m-fpl-def ... ague-tips/

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

NaturalFootballFan wrote:I wrote an article concentrating on 4.5m defenders, take a look here; http://fplbet.com/the-best-4-5m-fpl-def ... ague-tips/
Never heard of it before, but a nice little site you have there. I'm especially enjoying the specific team guides.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mav3rick wrote:
I reckon this too, although he could come in at 4.5 if nobody is sure who is first choice. Would be a hard choice between him and Cedric if both are playing and priced at 5.0, although I'd probably pick Cedric based on security of starts right now.
I'd be surprised if Yoshida, Gardos or Martina (he's mostly played RB, but also had a fair amount of starts as CB in the past 2 years) started over Caulker tbh

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Gardos is injured for 6 months.
Martina is full back cover.
Yoshida isn't very good.
Caulker will play loads.
We will sign another centre back.

Just a few observations.

Buxton
Kevin and Perry

Post by Buxton »

Caulker has been added to the game at £5.5m.

James Chester has been added for West Brom at £5.0m.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Dawn so expensive

MorrisonDullforce
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Inaugural FPL British Bulldog sidegame winner 2013/14. 2014 Fantasy Commonwealth Games Winner

Post by MorrisonDullforce »

fred1266 wrote:Dawn so expensive

I hope she's worth it.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Buxton wrote:Caulker has been added to the game at £5.5m.

James Chester has been added for West Brom at £5.0m.
It's a no go from me, then. Shame.

fanADE
Treebeard
FS Record: Winner MATT HODGSON J4G WC2014 PREDICTIONS

Post by fanADE »

useful info guys...

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

He's not been added to the game yet, but Alex Neil has indicated today that Harry Toffolo will be in line to start for Norwich against Palace. A journalist at the NCFC press conference today tweeted "#ncfc MO not yet rejoined full training. AN indicating Toffolo and Brady his go to men for #cpfc" I'd imagine Toffolo will be 4.0, MO is Martin Olsson.

ishnid
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ishnid »

JoonaR16 wrote:
MoSe wrote: Was he playing LWB or just LB? Normal full backs aren't usually inverted.
Azpilicueta is right-footed and plays left-back. Johnson and Flanagan have both done it for Liverpool in the recent past. John O'Shea, Phil Neville, Denis Irwin for Man U.

It's not common, but equally it's not unheard of.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

the quote was inverted too ;)
that sentence was Joona's
JoonaR16 wrote:
MoSe wrote:
gooberman wrote:If he didn't look comfortable on his left foot then why on earth was he playing left back??
google "inverted winger"
Was he playing LWB or just LB? Normal full backs aren't usually inverted
ishnid wrote:Azpilicueta is right-footed and plays left-back.
Johnson and Flanagan have both done it for Liverpool in the recent past. John O'Shea, Phil Neville, Denis Irwin for Man U.
thanks for supporting my point :)

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

MoSe wrote:the quote was inverted too ;)
that sentence was Joona's
JoonaR16 wrote:
MoSe wrote:
gooberman wrote:If he didn't look comfortable on his left foot then why on earth was he playing left back??
google "inverted winger"
Was he playing LWB or just LB? Normal full backs aren't usually inverted
ishnid wrote:Azpilicueta is right-footed and plays left-back.
Johnson and Flanagan have both done it for Liverpool in the recent past. John O'Shea, Phil Neville, Denis Irwin for Man U.
thanks for supporting my point :)
Actually I had quite big brain fart when I said LWB. What I was trying to say that full backs who have attacking duty (crossing) aren't usually inverted because they would need to cross with their weaker foot. Some full backs might be "inverted" if they don't have any attacking duty or they have great weaker foot. Inverted wingers are used for scoring goals because they can cut into box and shoot with their stronger foot. That is rare with defenders but I've seen it in Finnish national squad, very attacking right back always tried to cut into box. In my opinion, inverted full back is only negative thing, compared to inverted winger which you mentioned.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”